Login

russian armor

Buff cons/penals and nerf Maxim to end support weapon spam

Is Maxim spam caused by Conscript suckage?
Option Distribution Votes
42%
22%
36%
Total votes: 81
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
Neo
9 Feb 2016, 01:42 AM

Playing against 6+ Maxim builds is getting boring.

Conscripts scaling horribly means they are just not worth building, which is why everyone spams Maxim or Snipers.

Please buff cons and increase Maxim setup time to get us actually using conscripts!
9 Feb 2016, 02:26 AM

Lack of effective infantry outside of a doctrine is what cripples most Soviet strategies.

It's more that Soviet T2 has everything an SU player needs: ZiS, Mortar, and MG. Conscripts are T0 so nothing has to be spent getting them out. T1 is investing in a detour, and only effective on highly urbanized maps and gimmicky team games.

Spamming maxims is as effective (if not more) as any other (current) strategy, and it doesn't hamstring the Soviet player's ability to tech into the midgame.
9 Feb 2016, 03:09 AM

Cons dont really scale but they are pretty good utility with the vet 3 received accuracy buff.
9 Feb 2016, 05:29 AM

I think giving Cons the Ostruppen buff when in cover, but a little bit different, probably buff rate of fire? Then we could see some more Cons from Soviet players.
9 Feb 2016, 07:54 AM

As long as cons and penals aren't scaling and killing more stuff then it kills them, maxims will always be used over them.

Everyone is sick and tired of using shocks and guards doctrine and the only way not to get roflstomped is to spam maxims.

Just nerfing maxims won't fix anything except for making soviets UP at all but early mid game stage.
9 Feb 2016, 07:59 AM

I think maxim itself is fine but cons need buffs / scalability. Maybe a small maxim nerf would be OK if they fixed the retreat problems with it (often unable to retreat when under fire).

Maybe add an option for "just buff cons" to the poll?
9 Feb 2016, 08:52 AM

Give Penals slight mid-long range buff and give them -30% rec. acc. with veterancy.
9 Feb 2016, 08:59 AM

Permanently Banned
I think You NEo are soviet boy :unsure: but now , after this you whanna nerf soviet son maximka :hansRAGE:.
Try 7 maxims :D.
9 Feb 2016, 09:18 AM

I think cons are kinda okeish stat wise, there is some problems against OKW early game, but I think it is mostly cause OKW units performance. Late game problem is lack of weapons upgrade, cause it is major part of DPS on baseline infantry in late game, like MG-42 on grens, G-43 on fusiliers or BARs on rifles and etc. Maxim could be looked at, but first "death loop" must be fixed. Penals, well Relic told that they will fix their bundle in February, if it will work like in old times than I don't think that penals need major changes, just a tweak.
9 Feb 2016, 09:30 AM
Donator 33

If any change to lessen the effectiveness of the maxim is made, indeed the death loop must go, as if will only become easier to produce.
aaa
9 Feb 2016, 09:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Feb 2016, 01:42 AMNeo
Playing against 6+ Maxim builds is getting boring.

Conscripts scaling horribly means they are just not worth building, which is why everyone spams Maxim or Snipers.

Please buff cons and increase Maxim setup time to get us actually using conscripts!

i never did maxim spam. And never saw anyone does it in tourneys. Last events showed that all factions are pretty balanced.
Plus all MGs have exact same setup time.

Cons A-click vs grens A-click = grens win 100% of the time.
But cons have a sandbags and vet1 mines. Only problem I see here is that putting mines everywhere require too much actions comparaded to axis A-clicking.
9 Feb 2016, 09:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Feb 2016, 09:38 AMaaa

i never did maxim spam. And never saw anyone does it in tourneys. Last events showed that all factions are pretty balanced.
Plus all MGs have exact same setup time.

Cons A-click vs grens A-click = grens win 100% of the time.
But cons have a sandbags and vet1 mines. Only problem I see here is that putting mines everywhere require too much actions comparaded to axis A-clicking.

I don't rememeber whose game was that but recently during ESL I saw 3maxim strat on Faymonville by hmm Jove?
9 Feb 2016, 10:07 AM
Donator 33

If I remember correctly you still can't shift click tripwire flares?
9 Feb 2016, 10:36 AM
Senior Editor Badge

Is getting 4-6 maxims more viable than 2-3 w/ 1-2 cons + shocks? I usually do the latter but... six maxims? That sounds glorious in a 1v1.

Anyway, I enjoy using a few maxims in 1v1. It makes me feel like the British in Africa in the 1890s/1900s or von Lettow-Vorbeck in East Africa setting up Machine Guns in depth, then bringing one 'round the side to pour enfilading fire down into those savage- I mean Nazis. Then a T70/ZSU, then three SU76s and wait for IS2.

Fucking great m8. Choccy can attest to this. Do you still remember our game on Minsk, Choccy? nearly a month and a half ago I reckon. Great times.
9 Feb 2016, 10:40 AM

I think Penals just need some love tbh.
9 Feb 2016, 11:14 AM

As long as cons and penals aren't scaling and killing more stuff then it kills them, maxims will always be used over them.

Everyone is sick and tired of using shocks and guards doctrine and the only way not to get roflstomped is to spam maxims.

Just nerfing maxims won't fix anything except for making soviets UP at all but early mid game stage.

Same as volks. Just nerfing or removing panzerschreck would not solve anything. It would only leave OKW without any proper AT solution.

I would buff Penals, and nerf maxim... for example remove or decrease maxims point capture ability.

Maxim spam would lose serious capping power without breaking maxims performance... while the soviet player should choose between heavy infantry gameplay with penals or light infantry + support weapons with conscripts.
aaa
9 Feb 2016, 11:19 AM

If I remember correctly you still can't shift click tripwire flares?

sure you can
9 Feb 2016, 11:26 AM
Donator 33

aaa unless it's been fixed it previously did not work correctly. So say that with having tried. I currently cannot out of country.
aaa
9 Feb 2016, 11:28 AM

aaa unless it's been fixed it previously did not work correctly. So say that with having tried. I currently cannot out of country.

i do it all the time since yesterday.

AHK to quee mines while moving with A-click. Maybe there is some BS in there cuz its a changed version of
other script. At least it works

b::
flare()
return

Flare(){
BlockInput, Mousemove
setMouseDelay 60
setKeyDelay 60
mouseGetPos xpos, ypos
send +q
send +{click, xpos, ypos}
send +v
send +{click, xpos, ypos}
setMouseDelay 20
setKeyDelay 20
BlockInput, MousemoveOff
}
9 Feb 2016, 11:36 AM
Donator 33

Well then thx aaa lol phone wants to call you ASDA. U.K. Joke. Tripwires for all
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★