From OP to UP to OP again: UKF

3 Feb 2016, 14:00 PM

Banned
Let's just remove Brits entirely..

This is very likely to happen.
3 Feb 2016, 14:01 PM

Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post3 Feb 2016, 12:39 PMGrim

most UKF players would happily swap it for a normal mortar squad anyway.

Hello? Is this the captain of most UKF players?
Nice to meet you, didn't know you are the spokesman!

3 Feb 2016, 15:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Feb 2016, 06:00 AMashxu
Stop using coh2charts as a definitive indicator of balance, by that logic OKW is literally useless because as I'm typing, the have won 0 games in the top 150.

Because games played = 0 :guyokay:
3 Feb 2016, 15:13 PM

when brits came out, the forum said "brits are so well designed"

It is actually much better than US spamming rifles/RE and light vehicles.

Lelic balance fuck shit up regardless of faction design.
4 Feb 2016, 19:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Feb 2016, 14:01 PMNight

Hello? Is this the captain of most UKF players?
Nice to meet you, didn't know you are the spokesman!

I'm sure your aware of all the discontent towards the Mortar pit, I believe most players in general would be happy exchanging the pit for anything remotely mobile. And less expensive.
4 Feb 2016, 19:56 PM

i just want the mortar pit to be removed

that thing is the definition of bad design
Yeah, mobile mortar would be better. I have idea to make IS and sappers build special combat trenches, mortar would be able to sit there and fire.
4 Feb 2016, 19:58 PM

I'm sure your aware of all the discontent towards the Mortar pit, I believe most players in general would be happy exchaning the pit for anything remotely mobile. And less expensive.

Word. Its annoying because its all or nothing. Either its well screened and annoying as all hell to get rid off due to it's range, power, and brace OR you're playing as Brits and really need indirect fire but can't build the Pit because you either can't afford it or you don't have the map control to realistically protect it.

I'd settle for a heavy mortar hybrid unit that was mobile but had a long set-up time.

OT I agree with Swiftsabre that just a few tweaks are needs and Brits should be good (I'd toss in base 25 Pounders to the list as well)
4 Feb 2016, 20:32 PM

I love the Brits. Finally a faction for the allies that does not need massive infantry units to stand a chance against axis, just to get wipped out by the first walking stuka that hits the field.

Armor still can't go face to face with axis and expect to win, but atleast they are not made of paper like the shermans or T-34.

AEC might be a bit hard to deal with for ost, but so is the walking stuka for the usf. It's all about teamwork between the factions.
5 Feb 2016, 13:26 PM

List of OP stuff;

- Cromwell penetration
- Tommies as a whole
- The obvious one
- Repair speed
- REs
- Sniper

List of UP stuff;

- Commandos
- MKVII
- Cromwell (AI)
13 Feb 2016, 15:25 PM

Commandos underpowered? OMG, have u even played them right, they wipe the map off everything...cooked gammo bomb!! stealth super speed! They are the definition jedi, just imagine the stens being sabers as quickly they wipe everything when they pop from stealth.

I would like it they either give normal mortars to brits or removed the super star wars shielding technology from those emplacements. Bofors is ok, because it doesn't dominate like 40% off some maps like mortar pits do.

ps. other idea make them so they can be decrewed so it's a manpower drain to keep it working...
Neo
13 Feb 2016, 15:34 PM

Buff Tommies & give them snare, nerf AEC a bit, job done.

Brits are the best designed faction in the game, possibly second to prOstheer.
13 Feb 2016, 15:44 PM

Yeah, mobile mortar would be better. I have idea to make IS and sappers build special combat trenches, mortar would be able to sit there and fire.

This seems like it would be a good compromise if Relic insists that we need to keep Brit mortars static. It can be weak enough to counter with indirect because you can keep shifting it. I'm for anything that discourages brainless turtling.
13 Feb 2016, 15:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Feb 2016, 15:25 PMThamor
snip

You might want to see the amazing vet bonuses commandos get... Pioneers have better combat scaling then commandos.
13 Feb 2016, 15:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Feb 2016, 15:52 PMKatitof

You might want to see the amazing vet bonuses commandos get... Pioneers have better combat scaling then commandos.

because commandos are amazing from the start on lol
13 Feb 2016, 16:03 PM

because commandos are amazing from the start on lol

That quickly changes when units get to vet3 and beyond.
For them to have a chance vs pgrens at vet3, they'd have to ambush.
13 Feb 2016, 16:04 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Feb 2016, 15:52 PMKatitof

+1 Commandos aren't preforming where they need to, also I still think the camo bonus is broken and only applies to the first shot or model.

AEC is good sure, I would take an AEC nerf if it meant they fixed the other lack luster units and made UKF scale better mid game.
13 Feb 2016, 16:05 PM

Its not that they aren't performing, because they do.

They just get outscaled easily when vet appears as they almost don't scale themselves.
13 Feb 2016, 16:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Feb 2016, 16:04 PMMittens

+1 Commandos aren't preforming where they need to, also I still think the camo bonus is broken and only applies to the first shot or model.

AEC is good sure, I would take an AEC nerf if it meant they fixed the other lack luster units and made UKF scale better mid game.

The Commandos ambush bonus (+50% accuracy on Stens) is doubly bugged:
- It only applies to the first model(s) that shoot (UP)
- But it seems to have infinite duration (OP)

Regarding their veterancy:
- It's true that they don't get any useful combat veterancy
- However, the bonus they get at vet3 is amazing:
jump backJump back to quoted post5 Oct 2015, 19:38 PMCruzz
Commandos and Airlanding officer currently have an additional *0.25 modifier to received accuracy on retreat at vet3. Seems over the top to say the least.

Commandos are amazing; you just have to use them differently.
13 Feb 2016, 17:37 PM
Patrion 14

UKF is just frustrating to play against. Emplacements are ... (no words for it). Why couldn't Duffy learn from his mistakes in CoH1 Brits... CoH1 Brits ruined the game for me, looks heavily like CoH2 Brits will do the same for me.
13 Feb 2016, 18:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Feb 2016, 17:37 PMStafkeh
UKF is just frustrating to play against. Emplacements are ... (no words for it). Why couldn't Duffy learn from his mistakes in CoH1 Brits... CoH1 Brits ruined the game for me, looks heavily like CoH2 Brits will do the same for me.

Well at least new Brit don't have Roo or megablob, whereas the AEC seems to become the new Staghound.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★