Allow mirror matchup in Public Automatch
Option Distribution Votes
12%
19%
69%
Total votes: 120
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
2 Feb 2016, 00:43 AM

Since the game allows it allready in custom mode, there is no reason why mirror matchup should be impossible in standard automatch.

All i m saying is: Dont have it as default but as possibility with a checkbox.
They can include a filter-checkbox that says "mirror matchup" so those that really want to play it can choose to do so.

1. Players will get more aware of what part of their fav. faction is trully OP before they start complaining.
2. Matchup search time will be faster.
3. More ways to play the same game.
4. If nothing i would really love to see UKF vs UKF sim city fight :)

Relic can learn a lot from SC2.
2 Feb 2016, 00:48 AM

Just no.
2 Feb 2016, 00:56 AM

2 Feb 2016, 01:07 AM
Donator 11

asymmetrical balance = no mirror matches
2 Feb 2016, 01:17 AM

As OH or OKW I already need to learn how to play against 3 factions while the allies only against 2 factions. Mirror will add 2 more factions to that. It's just too much diversity. Just play it with your friends if you want. Also allies will more likely get match with other allies because of 3 /2 ratio.
It's just a bad idea.
2 Feb 2016, 01:29 AM

No, just no. Mirror matches in a ww2 game isn't cool.
2 Feb 2016, 01:29 AM

asymmetrical balance = no mirror matches

U dont have symetrical balance in other strategy games as SC2 but you can play ranked against your faction.
2 Feb 2016, 01:36 AM

As OH or OKW I already need to learn how to play against 3 factions while the allies only against 2 factions. Mirror will add 2 more factions to that. It's just too much diversity. Just play it with your friends if you want. Also allies will more likely get match with other allies because of 3 /2 ratio.
It's just a bad idea.

Well you get an option not to play those matches in the filter, so if you dont want to play vs axis as German, you just check the checkbox. They can also make the checkbox that mirror is off by default. I dont see why you not wanting to play mirror should mean that nobody can play it ranked.
To trully and really find out who is the best player give them same options and see whos better.
2 Feb 2016, 02:04 AM
Donator 11

No mirror matches is one of the basic coh concepts, its not going away whether you like it or not.

As for the players and their faction knowledge: here is another difference between standard rtses like sc and coh franchise, to learn the game and become competitive players must play all factions instead of tunneling themselves into one. So there is no "their" factions, they just either play all of them or are terrible fanboys who make everybody sad on forums.
2 Feb 2016, 02:55 AM
Donator 11

U dont have symetrical balance in other strategy games as SC2 but you can play ranked against your faction.

If it was USF vs USF sure it would work but It wouldnt work if it was USF vs Solvs.
2 Feb 2016, 03:17 AM

If it was USF vs USF sure it would work but It wouldnt work if it was USF vs Solvs.

It would be something similar to OKW vs SU, same level of bad matchup.
2 Feb 2016, 03:19 AM

I would support mirror matches, but I can understand why the majority of the community doesn't want them.

Ostheer fighting against OKW doesn't make much historical sense.
2 Feb 2016, 03:43 AM

Yes, add mirror matches.

If you look at the balance discussions, you can see everyone go like "History doesn't matter in this game, Relic doesn't care about historical accuracy", but now it's suddenly so bad if there are mirror matches that don't make historical sense?
2 Feb 2016, 03:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Feb 2016, 03:19 AMCieZ
I would support mirror matches, but I can understand why the majority of the community doesn't want them.

Still none of you read what the poll actually says.
I dont want mirror matchup to be default in ranked games, just an option/possibility that you click on when searching game. I probably wouldnt play it much myself, i just want it to be possible. Default setting should be "no mirror matchup" so if you really want mirror you check it and play.

2 Feb 2016, 03:45 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

2 Feb 2016, 03:51 AM

Well, there are records of Wehrmacht doing armed assualts on SS troops (would be the closest thing to oh vs okw since these faction didnt excist under those names).
But I dont think there were any USF vs brits in reality. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_for_Castle_Itter
2 Feb 2016, 04:01 AM
Patrion 14

Ahhh not only no but......
2 Feb 2016, 07:56 AM

I can already see the forums "LELIC NURF OKW! OST doesn't stand a chance!"

Beyond stupid. I think that would be the phrase I'd use to describe the idea.
2 Feb 2016, 08:01 AM

Soviets would reck British, british would reck USF and USF would reck soviets... More or less. Ost doesnt stand a chance
2 Feb 2016, 08:02 AM

No, It's stupid enough that Soviets can team up with Brits and Americans on the same battlefield. What's next, Japs with German factions?

If you want mirror matchups go play Starcraft.
This game was not designed around it and it would be a balance nightmare.
Like Necron levels of bad.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS