Login

russian armor

Soviets dealing with heavy late german armor

30 Jan 2016, 18:47 PM
Patrion 28

i know all those stuff, but against good players it won't work. and it need alot of coordinations. and the german player all he had to do is pull back the jagd for the durations of the off maps abilitys, and come back 3 mins laters. and with okw anti air truck, the planes sometimes get shoot in less than 10 secs.

Your like OK GREAT i got a plane attack, 5 secs later..ok it already dead..

because the VI B is faster/longer ranged than your su-75/85, because the map doesn't give room, or because you're not very good at it?

in my experience kiting works perfectly fine against VI Bs because they're so damn slow. if they player is smart (most are not) you won't kill the VI B but as long as it doesn't wipe any squads or kill any tanks then you're doing fine.

against the elefant or jtiger you really do just have to catch them out of position and then go all in on them. sometimes this just isn't feasible and it sucks and you just have to avoid bleed tanks to them and focus on capping.
30 Jan 2016, 18:57 PM

because the VI B is faster/longer ranged than your su-75/85, because the map doesn't give room, or because you're not very good at it?

in my experience kiting works perfectly fine against VI Bs because they're so damn slow. if they player is smart (most are not) you won't kill the VI B but as long as it doesn't wipe any squads or kill any tanks then you're doing fine.

against the elefant or jtiger you really do just have to catch them out of position and then go all in on them. sometimes this just isn't feasible and it sucks and you just have to avoid bleed tanks to them and focus on capping.

im playing mostly 4vs4, and on some maps yeah you can't flank. we are in top 20 as allies, so we got some skills, but there is some good games, where in the late stage of the game, i just feel i got nothing that i can build that will give me some power. so my job as a soviet player is to make some katushkas and su-85 for defense and hope that the british players will get some kills with fireflys.

I would love to can have a good anti tank tool to, that all.. soviets got alot of anti inf stuff, maybe we should make the isu-152 like elefant and just take off his ai abilitys and everthing would be fine.
30 Jan 2016, 19:03 PM

The issue here is that Soviet artillery is supposed to hard counter German super heavies, but this has never really been the case (to my memory, maybe when ML 20 was amazing for a short time). As a result, in the very late stages of the game the Germans enter a gear no other faction (maybe Brits) can keep up with. This is common in 4v4 where games last into the 30 minute mark or longer regularly.

Artillery, the supposed counter to these units, needs to be beefed up to help deal with them. This means some form of buff. It may also make sense to reduce income of fuel and munitions in team games by reducing points or putting a permanent mod from Relic in rotation, to help extend Allied early game advantages clearly.

The KT I would say is fine.

ISU 152,
SU 85,
ML 20 (and maybe LeFH),
Elephant,
JT,

...are not. Not calling for huge buffs to Soviet arsenal, just better balance to help these units play out against each other fairly.
30 Jan 2016, 19:17 PM

The issue here is that Soviet artillery is supposed to hard counter German super heavies, but this has never really been the case (to my memory, maybe when ML 20 was amazing for a short time). As a result, in the very late stages of the game the Germans enter a gear no other faction (maybe Brits) can keep up with. This is common in 4v4 where games last into the 30 minute mark or longer regularly.

Artillery, the supposed counter to these units, needs to be beefed up to help deal with them. This means some form of buff. It may also make sense to reduce income of fuel and munitions in team games by reducing points or putting a permanent mod from Relic in rotation, to help extend Allied early game advantages clearly.

ISU 152,
SU 85,
ML 20 (and maybe LeFH),
Elephant,
JT,

...are not. Not calling for huge buffs to Soviet arsenal, just better balance to help these units play out against each other fairly.

the other thing is, arty as now doesn't work good against late axis armor. and the funny thing is if the hard counter for elefant is ml-20 why wehr got in same commander an elefant and the stuka ability to one shoot arty?
30 Jan 2016, 19:18 PM

ISU 152,
SU 85,
ML 20 (and maybe LeFH),
Elephant,
JT,

Huhuhu, you are dreaming mister :) don't you remember when Counter-attack commander was used with B4 and stuff, players were complaining about the skill shot ability because they never understood they had to move.

On the topic, there are plenty of solution available for Relic to implement. Now we just need to wait a little longer the next patch and see where Relic wants to lead us. Personaly I'm waiting for the patch log and maybe a beta version.
30 Jan 2016, 19:21 PM

Dual or triple SU-85s with Mark Target can trade blows with a KT easily, and even with an Elefant if you get a bit of RNG.

Otherwise, for Elefants and Jagdtigers, yeah you kinda need T34/85s to flank them, but they are also vulnerable to AT guns, and Guards work wonder against them too thanks to Button. If you damage their engines, they are absolutely sitting ducks for anything, offmaps and artillery included.
30 Jan 2016, 19:28 PM

Dual or triple SU-85s with Mark Target can trade blows with a KT easily, and even with an Elefant if you get a bit of RNG.

Otherwise, for Elefants and Jagdtigers, yeah you kinda need T34/85s to flank them, but they are also vulnerable to AT guns, and Guards work wonder against them too thanks to Button. If you damage their engines, they are absolutely sitting ducks for anything, offmaps and artillery included.

Implying you mark target plane wont get shot out of the sky after 6 seconds of circling by all the mounted mgs that do AA.

Meanwhile my Quad HT cant even take out a single scout plane circling directly over it.
30 Jan 2016, 19:28 PM

30 Jan 2016, 19:29 PM

Just make an ISU and/or 3-4 T34/76s, have the ISU make a frontal push and flank with the T34s, mark target and guard button are nice additions, this kills all heavy TDs easily.

Su85s get rid of Tigers, KTs, Panthers etc etc with no isseus, hard to micro of course but nothing too demanding as long as you understand the tricks, I've managed to kill Aces with only double Su85s

Nothing really needs to be changed, destroying heavier tanks as soviets isn't easy but it's not impossible either
30 Jan 2016, 19:36 PM

Guards gonna die really fast when using button next to JT - it's not that easy.

In the end, if enemy won't overrun his JT/Ele, game will became more and more in axis' favour unless you put everything on one card and rush with all your tanks and AT gun ust get rid if those heavy TDs.
30 Jan 2016, 19:40 PM

Now Soviet difficult to destroy German tanks alone. To compensate worst tanks (from all factions), you need a British ally (Tactical Support Regiment) with super Anti Tank Artillery.
30 Jan 2016, 19:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jan 2016, 16:11 PMButcher
...raketen...

Anyone still use at? As OPKW user i always take MORE volksshreck then raketen.

OP is right, SU has no NON doctrinal real counter to them...

Folk say, a long time ago, static artillery was intended like Elefant countermeasure...
Agree with Aussie Magic for the most part, KT is a non-issue since SU-85s and 76s can kite it with some skill.

+1, use Katy vs shreck+LMG/GWR hords and SU-76/85 vs all armor except heavy TD.
Seems like Broken Target with T-34-85 spam doesnt work.

Men you need try use you own advice. This work is enemy have nothing except elef/jagtiger. No shreks, no mines, no fausts, no STUGs, etc and etc.

Su-76s + ATGs guarded by Guards, mines, at nades arent a thing anymore.

Panzerwerfer or Stuka will rip you apart. Damn even mortars. Or doc barrage. You need Katy to counter enemy hords and artillery.

Soviets got the best tools in the allied arsenal to deal with axis armor.

M36, british 6 Pounder, 17lber, Firefly and Comet look at you as a hanomag.
jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jan 2016, 19:29 PMPlaguer
Just make an ISU and/or 3-4 T34/76s...this kills all heavy TDs easily.

Take 1 heavy SPG and 3-4 medium tanks to take off 1 heavy TD. How nice. Tell me how many free cap you have for infantry suport after "ISU and/or 3-4 T34/76s". And what will do with you armor german army built on a similar amount of resources.
30 Jan 2016, 20:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jan 2016, 19:54 PMTAKTCOM

Anyone still use at? As OPKW user i always take MORE volksshreck then raketen.

Folk say, a long time ago, static artillery was intended like Elefant countermeasure...

+1, use Katy vs shreck+LMG/GWR hords and SU-76/85 vs all armor except heavy TD.

Men you need try use you own advice. This work is enemy have nothing except elef/jagtiger. No shreks, no mines, no fausts, no STUGs, etc and etc.

Panzerwerfer or Stuka will rip you apart. Damn even mortars. Or doc barrage. You need Katy to counter enemy hords and artillery.

M36, british 6 Pounder, 17lber, Firefly and Comet look at you as a hanomag.

Take 1 heavy SPG and 3-4 medium tanks to take off 1 heavy TD. How nice. Tell me how many free cap you have for infantry suport after "ISU and/or 3-4 T34/76s". And what will do with you armor german army built on a similar amount of resources.

+1
30 Jan 2016, 20:43 PM

Permanently Banned
A little problem are with some units soviet and axis, use at gun wall with soviet will be rekt by PW (calliOP is broken too), so fun part that when you try use combine arms you will be rekt coz some units are not in balance side. From my experience all wins vs Jt/Ele combo with heavies was only coz opponents do mistakes or thay forget about some things (like pac cover, mines cover or another thing), but if thay use it right its no chance coz there combo mombo are better (i mean game with soviet). I think need a little change for axis heavy, coz if buff soviet its be not good or maybe add unit in doc like su100. Hard to say. And i agree with Butcher if choose wrong doc or combinaton of units its GG.
30 Jan 2016, 23:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jan 2016, 19:54 PMTAKTCOM

Build like that means that you're heavy on vehicles eg you don't really use infantry to fight, instead you use vehicles to take almost all the fights and only have inf to cap/rep and at guns

You should be more open minded with builds
30 Jan 2016, 23:29 PM

Implying you mark target plane wont get shot out of the sky after 6 seconds of circling by all the mounted mgs that do AA.

Meanwhile my Quad HT cant even take out a single scout plane circling directly over it.

Elefants and Jagdtigers don't have MGs, so that makes this scenario that much harder. My Mark Target usually lasts long enough that either the target escapes or I get the kill.

I mean, unless you're talking in 3v3/4v4, in which case balance is mostly a moot point.
30 Jan 2016, 23:45 PM

I had this problem in a 3v3, my IS-2 got pummeled by a Jagdtiger, I didn't have the fuel to buy another for a while. So I slowly built up SU-76s while using their barrage to lock down the VP I was guarding from Axis blobs, then I held out against a KT and Tiger push on the VP. Finally once I repaired my damaged SU-75s me and an ally coordinated an assault with me attracting the Jagdtiger's attention and him to flank... worked perfectly and the SU-76s performed SO much better than the IS-2 in tank to tank fights.
30 Jan 2016, 23:49 PM

Elefants and Jagdtigers don't have MGs, so that makes this scenario that much harder. My Mark Target usually lasts long enough that either the target escapes or I get the kill.

I mean, unless you're talking in 3v3/4v4, in which case balance is mostly a moot point.

I was specifically referring to KT which almost always has at least one panther around it.

It becomes So important for the entire engagement to happen on your terms. You have to have cons around to snare but they have to wait till the right moment or they waste their nades. Best I've found is mark target, tulips, at nade, typhoon. This way vision will be guaranteed for at least a little bit.

I just haven't been using mark target commanders lately as I have been falling in love with the kv2 all over again. All it needs is a real vet 1 ability and I would want nothing more OR LESS from it.

YOU HEAR ME RELIC! DON'T YOU DARE MAKE IT TAKE MORE THAN A LAUGHABLE DAMAGE FROM HT ROCKET ARTY!
30 Jan 2016, 23:56 PM

I was specifically referring to KT which almost always has at least one panther around it.

It becomes So important for the entire engagement to happen on your terms. You have to have cons around to snare but they have to wait till the right moment or they waste their nades. Best I've found is mark target, tulips, at nade, typhoon. This way vision will be guaranteed for at least a little bit.

I just haven't been using mark target commanders lately as I have been falling in love with the kv2 all over again. All it needs is a real vet 1 ability and I would want nothing more OR LESS from it.

YOU HEAR ME RELIC! DON'T YOU DARE MAKE IT TAKE MORE THAN A LAUGHABLE DAMAGE FROM HT ROCKET ARTY!

KT is less threatening, I find. Even without Mark Target, two well used SU-85s can hurt it badly. A mine, conscripts or Guards nearby can potentially seal its fate.

The KT costs about 600/290, if memory serves. It is a very significant investment, and should be hard to kill. But by no means do Soviets have trouble with it if they play well.
31 Jan 2016, 00:48 AM

Permanently Banned
KT is 720 mp. 310 fuel. After full teching of 40+65+135-10=230. 540 fuel for king tiger.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★