Login

russian armor

why is the Panther non-doc and uncapped?

27 Jan 2016, 09:33 AM

they are listed as medium tanks yet they are heavier than IS-2s and Pershings.
o_O

seems like it could should have been a heavy call in instead of everyone going to the tiger doctrines.
27 Jan 2016, 09:39 AM

Tank weight classification desn't really apply to its actual weight, but battlefield role.

Plus, they aren't particularly cheap or uncounterable, OKW one used to be problematic because of how early it arrived, but that was fixed now.

And last but not least, neither churchill MK VII nor Comet are capped or doctrinal so...
27 Jan 2016, 09:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jan 2016, 09:39 AMKatitof
Tank weight classification desn't really apply to its actual weight, but battlefield role.

Plus, they aren't particularly cheap or uncounterable, OKW one used to be problematic because of how early it arrived, but that was fixed now.

And last but not lest, neither churchill MK VII nor Comet are capped or doctrinal so...

i guess that makes sense, but i always regarded the Panther as the best tank of WW2.*barring mechanical failures) But it is not presented in that way here to me. I see way more of them than Panzers which is.. odd.
27 Jan 2016, 09:43 AM

According German classification medium (by gun calibr)
27 Jan 2016, 09:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jan 2016, 09:41 AMpoop

i guess that makes sense, but i always regarded the Panther as the best tank of WW2.*barring mechanical failures) But it is not presented in that way here to me. I see way more of them than Panzers which is.. odd.

Then you probably play 4v4, where resources are inflated and you're getting to that tier much faster then in normal games.
27 Jan 2016, 09:44 AM

In game panther is a tank destroyer. In this case I don't like it has mg on top of it.
27 Jan 2016, 10:03 AM
Donator 11

In game panther is a tank destroyer. In this case I don't like it has mg on top of it.

Neither the Sovjets liked the Panther's MG in WW2.
27 Jan 2016, 10:09 AM

I'm just bored that Relic make both OKW and Ostheer capable of using Panther non-doc. I would be please to see Flame-Hetzer replace Panther. That would make OKW more unique.
AVA
27 Jan 2016, 10:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jan 2016, 09:41 AMpoop

By the time he has a panther, you should be able to have 1 or 2 tanks + AT aswell. I honestly don't see the problem. Also keep in mind that the panther is 200 fuel, where the sherman+sherman / sherman+jackson is ~240fuel which is stronger (USF perspective).

I don't know what game mode you play, but I don't see panthers that often that they're a huge problem, but yeah I don't play 3v3 or 4v4s so :p
27 Jan 2016, 10:18 AM

The Panther's vet 2 bonuses need to be changed. It goes from a medium to a heavy tank with it. It's vet 2 should either be the extra 160 HP OR the 10% more armour, not both. It's too much.
27 Jan 2016, 10:21 AM

I'm just bored that Relic make both OKW and Ostheer capable of using Panther non-doc. I would be please to see Flame-Hetzer replace Panther. That would make OKW more unique.

Close quarter STG Engineers that can swap mine detector? Check.
Mainline infantry that can purchase Shreks and get to vet 5? Check.
Non-Doc elite infantry that can be upgraded with lmg? Check.
Half track that can shoot down planes by default as well as base defenses? Check.
Light vehicle to capture points without doctrine? Check.
Walking Stuka? Check.
King Tiger? Check.

And you say OKW need to be more 'unique?'

Rather than a flame hetzer (Literally useless) it would make more sense to add a competent light vehicle to Ostheer.
27 Jan 2016, 10:23 AM

Close quarter STG Engineers that can swap mine detector? Check.
Mainline infantry that can purchase Shreks and get to vet 5? Check.
Non-Doc elite infantry that can be upgraded with lmg? Check.
Half track that can shoot down planes by default as well as base defenses? Check.
Light vehicle to capture points without doctrine? Check.
Walking Stuka? Check.
King Tiger? Check.

And you say OKW need to be more 'unique?'

Flame hetzer would make okw unique useless :foreveralone:
27 Jan 2016, 13:54 PM

I am really tired of this forum.

Nonsense posters keep posting nonsense that knows NOTHING of the game.
16 years old (physically or mentally or both) mods keep locking and censoring stuff, fully abusing their authority.
OP posting poop like contents just matching his nickname.

It was so good back in last year.
27 Jan 2016, 14:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jan 2016, 13:54 PMPorygon
I am really tired of this forum.

Nonsense posters keep posting nonsense that knows NOTHING of the game.
16 years old (physically or mentally or both) mods keep locking and censoring stuff, fully abusing their authority.
OP posting poop like contents just matching his nickname.

It was so good back in last year.
27 Jan 2016, 14:30 PM

BTT:
The Panther was a German medium tank deployed during World War II on the Eastern and Western Fronts in Europe from mid-1943 to its end in 1945

Der Panzerkampfwagen V „Panther“ (Sd.Kfz. 171) war ein deutscher mittlerer Kampfpanzer (English: Medium Tank) im Zweiten Weltkrieg.
(German Wiki)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panther_tank
27 Jan 2016, 14:33 PM

Correct me if Im wrong but Germans classified Panther ad a medium while Allies as a heavy.

To be honest, I kinda like option with a Tiger as a non-doc. All BP and builings required, 13CP required and call in like a KT while Panther would become 12CP call in.

27 Jan 2016, 14:36 PM

Soooo... you're on rank #3 of the all time reports, just saying.
Don't throw bricks when you live in a glass house.

I would really like to know what was different last year?
And to make it clear, I am clearly no Allies Fanboy, take a look at my player card.

BTT:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panther_tank

"https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panther_tank"

Because stupidity is flooded around, they even report or invis even I nicely pointed out someone being wrong. :foreveralone:

I rather having Reddit free speech mechanism.
27 Jan 2016, 14:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jan 2016, 14:36 PMPorygon

Because stupidity is flooded around, they even report or invis even I nicely pointed out someone being wrong. :foreveralone:

I rather having Reddit free speech mechanism.

Speaking for me as a mod, I usually try to invis as little as possible.
If someone is stating his point of balancing in a proper way (even if it is beyond any correctness), I won't moderate anything.

The problem is, that a lot of posts are not written like "In my opinion, unit XYZ deserves a nerf because of following reasons: ..." but "nerf that fucking unit XYZ, it's way too strong, there's no chance to win as faction XYZ anymore."

I also will hide posts that attack other members verbally. You can (and should!) discuss, but calling someone a butt crack won't do anyone a favor :snfPeter:

In addition, please remember that we are also humans and have good and bad days.
27 Jan 2016, 14:42 PM
Donator 11

The panther is good but I feel like its pretty fair, if anything its armor is very slightly to high but its pen is fine and make axis late game unique. In comparison to the comet the panther is leaps in bounds better in terms of armor and pen but I think the counters are there. Firefly,jackson,su-85, and even other light counter all work well as counters.

In 4v4's though, this is a different story as resources are overly inflated as kat said. Leading to army's of 4-5 panthers mean a brick wall of armor thats very VERY hard to counter as allies.

*Way to fix* Reduce 4v4 resource income or standard points on the map.

Edit: highfiveeee, you are butt face:snfPeter::snfPeter::snfPeter:
27 Jan 2016, 14:43 PM

Speaking for me as a mod, I usually try to invis as little as possible.
If someone is stating his point of balancing in a proper way (even if it is beyond any correctness), I won't moderate anything.

The problem is, that a lot of posts are not written like "In my opinion, unit XYZ deserves a nerf because of following reasons: ..." but "nerf that fucking unit XYZ, it's way too strong, there's no chance to win as faction XYZ anymore."

I also will hide posts that attack other members verbally. You can (and should!) discuss, but calling someone a butt crack won't do anyone a favor :snfPeter:

Don't get it wrong, ofc I wasn't talking about you. :)

Even while the discussion continues well and worthy, if there is slightly 1% of offensive content, he just abuse it.
Well, at least I got it at the signature.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★