Login

russian armor

Do you prefer the "new" OKW or the "original" OKW Part II

Do you prefer the "new" OKW or the "original" OKW?
Option Distribution Votes
40%
47%
13%
Total votes: 129
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
23 Jan 2016, 00:17 AM
Donator 22

Back in December, I created this thread to see what people thought about the newly designed OKW.

I thought I would revisit this topic with a new thread now that the community has had a month to play with the new OKW. So, without further adieu....

23 Jan 2016, 00:19 AM

Well, the question is tricky becasue 100% resource is a step in the right direction but on the other hand, current OKW is not 100% ready and we gonna see (after ESL I guess) patches changing it even more.

But I have a faith.
23 Jan 2016, 00:22 AM

While it's nice to have full income, I could either get better fuel or munitions income by converting, which helped suit my needs as the game progressed. I kinda miss that.

It has been pretty neutral to me, as I feel it is more different than it is better or worse. The problems with OKW units didn't really change, although schrek blobs seem even more of a default action than ever.
23 Jan 2016, 00:34 AM

OKW would have been perfectly viable if elite inf were actually doing their job and killing infantry.

There was no reason to make the vast changes that Relic did IMO.
23 Jan 2016, 00:45 AM

Permanently Banned
Definitely old okw. Why they didnt just remove volk panzershreck, move them to another unit, and give weapon upgrades/ buffs to volks. I'll never know.
23 Jan 2016, 00:50 AM
Patrion 15

- I voted NEW version but not with full heart support, because when I play with OKW I finally able to use abilities more often thus make It more strong early faction ( as presented in the first place ). Also opened up new tactics like early bubi traps or mines.

- The new Kübel is much more usefull and we are seen Kübels in tournament levels as well.

- Volks become the most important unit in OKW and Its getting borring each day to play with them. It was supposed to be commando faction but now Volks everywhere! Its not fun to watch them too. That been said The desing is so depending on Volks+Shrek they have to stay as they are.

- OKWs Tier 2 turned into "Fail Start Tier" OKW Tier3 didnt become too strong. Its just Tier2 become too useless. (at start of course)

OKW needs a real redesign.
23 Jan 2016, 01:07 AM

OLD okw. New OKW is just a horrible mess in so many areas that its not even funny.
23 Jan 2016, 01:14 AM

In theory I do like the new, but the implementation is poor. Pretty much yolo-removing the income penalty, breaking the game, making a quick lazy hotfix adding ridiculously high prices on tanks (which arguably made it balanced to a degree) and leaving it for months.

With alot more work with the implementation it could've been great. Now it just feels duct taped.
23 Jan 2016, 01:36 AM

I did really like the old OKW due to their manipulation of resources via fuel/munition transfer, weak but expendable infantry backed by elite units (sturms, falls, etc), and their theme of having lower income but with highly veteran troops once they get rolling. The new OKW seems easier and more mindless but they did need some buffs. Hopefully they'll tweak the new OKW more to a good spot.
23 Jan 2016, 01:41 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

New, they just need to adjust the price of some things some more. Munitions abilities are very cheap now compared to before.

They got rid of that annoying kubel suppression, and people actually build t3 in 1v1s now.

The main problem is the volks meta, which was already a problem before the switch. It is just exacerbated by the extra munitions allowing for fast schrecks and nades.
23 Jan 2016, 01:46 AM

I just really dislike the spammy design of Volks and Fusiliers, and I think the factions lack of proper support weapons is lol.
23 Jan 2016, 02:44 AM

New - but then again I prefer aggressive factions so the ability to be aggressive with the new Kubel is the major selling point for me. (That and old Kubel suppression was pretty obnoxious and annoying to play against). The units in each tier also make a lot more sense with the new OKW.

IMO Volks are always going to be spammy as long as they have Shreks- going back to old OKW won't change that. That and I sure as hell don't miss Volks getting steamrolled by Cons and Rifles in early game every match.

New all the way.
23 Jan 2016, 03:06 AM

New, old was filled with either gimmicks, broken units (both up and Op) and extremely poor tier design.

New OKW isn't perfect, however it's a step in the right direction, I would maybe tinker with the tier truck units just to maximize use during "their time" and other then the VOLKS problem they seem right on the spot.

Honestly other then MINOR adjustments it's a fine faction, I would like to see the VOLKS meta be gone it's really the last thing of old OKW that needs to get axe, I am assuming RELIC waiting after ELS to finally deal with the VOLKS problem, which is fine for a temporary stop gap allie light vechial fix for now...
23 Jan 2016, 08:22 AM

I liked the handicap on income.. It added such a different feeling to the faction... Now they just don't feel any different... A pumped up Wehr i guess....
23 Jan 2016, 08:26 AM
Patrion 14

I prefer the new one, because it can finally survive to late game and the vet 5 system is kinda nerfed.
23 Jan 2016, 09:19 AM
Patrion 28

they still feel like they need a fair bit of work but i like them better than their previous incarnation.
23 Jan 2016, 09:26 AM
Donator 22

I also prefer the new one. But to be fair, side upgrade for the medic truck,supply truck and schwere AA truck are needed. (and coming)
Every faction has to pay for medic and if we get side upgrades for the truck, we will see less volks with schreck spam.
23 Jan 2016, 09:28 AM
Donator 22

I prefer old OKW (with other balance changes).

I miss the strategic decision making reduced income made you take. Tier 2 gave you everything you needed, but was offset by the fact you couldn't go Tier 3 immediately and change your fuel/muni income to suit your commander choice/playstyle.

Now, OKW just feels like OST with different units. It's true the changes made helped to balance it with other factions, but in the process made the faction less Asymmetric than it used to be IMHO. I feel moving units around and/or changing unit costs could have left the faction with the same "feel" while also balancing it.

23 Jan 2016, 20:22 PM
Donator 22

23 Jan 2016, 20:37 PM

New OKW will be easier to balance on the long run as long as people will accept that things like more costly medium and heavy armor are the indicator of limited fuel and NOT the units cost effectiveness performance.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★