Login

russian armor

So, the meta.

20 Jan 2016, 08:21 AM

Am I the only one that is annoyed (despite the AEC), that every game right now is rushing the first unit to a near building because units in buildings (especially UKF Infantry Sections) are extremely durable and there is no reliable way to get them out as Axis?

No you're not. :)
20 Jan 2016, 08:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2016, 08:01 AMKatitof

Just like Luchs base locks USF players who don't go fast T3 into stuart.

This is meta, either you do what it dictates or you drop in rank until players are bad enough not to play the meta.

Or a player who goes LT and not teching zooks when expecting luchs. they will get locked in. unless u have a lucky mine
20 Jan 2016, 08:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2016, 07:51 AMJohnnyB

.... or stahp posting :rofl:

yes, exactly.

because pointless whining is so constructive..
20 Jan 2016, 08:56 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2016, 08:21 AMEsxile

Yeah sections in houses are so jacked.
20 Jan 2016, 09:02 AM

Am I the only one that is annoyed (despite the AEC), that every game right now is rushing the first unit to a near building because units in buildings (especially UKF Infantry Sections) are extremely durable and there is no reliable way to get them out as Axis?

What reliable ways to clear buildings do allies have that axis do not? Because as far as I know the only faction that has no reliable way to deal with garrissons in the USF.
20 Jan 2016, 09:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2016, 08:21 AMEsxile

its company of building in the early game, i prefer cap the rest of the map, and bring a mortar if its a key building
20 Jan 2016, 10:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2016, 09:22 AMBlalord

its company of building in the early game, i prefer cap the rest of the map, and bring a mortar if its a key building

Not all factions have easy access to mortar. this is why you go building first with those factions.
20 Jan 2016, 10:34 AM

I tend to apologize constantly when playing as the brits and using the vickers AEC or otherwise I would come off as an abusive asshole.
20 Jan 2016, 10:35 AM

What reliable ways to clear buildings do allies have that axis do not? Because as far as I know the only faction that has no reliable way to deal with garrissons in the USF.

Exactly.
Lolotovs and incendiary grenades say hi.
Doctrinal: infiltration/assault grenades on AGs and OKW infantry.

Others:
Sturmpios are realy good from close range vs units in building.
Flamethrowers...
Even USF infantry has its grenade which is not bad.

Like I said, everything in this game has counterplay.
20 Jan 2016, 18:33 PM

Since vanilla times... it was always getting the mg42 there first and then soviet trying to displace them with mortars or clown cars with flamer

then OKW and USF came along and it was usually sturms get there first. Now, it's sturms vs. IS to see who gets there first.

In the end, i don't think much has changed. Fighting for key positions and territory.

As for Axis, OKW had a hard time displacing but that's why incen grenade and sturms at close range exist. For OST, they have snipers, mortars, flamers to remove units from buildings.

I think every mainline unit is pretty durable in a building

Anyways... back on topic.
20 Jan 2016, 19:21 PM

Been playing brits lately and feel bad about locking okw players into their base every game they go med truck with 5 minute AEC.

Because Panzerschrecks and raketenwerfers aren't perfectly capable of killing an AEC?

Try building mortars/ISG, they work pretty good.
20 Jan 2016, 19:28 PM

yes, exactly.

because pointless whining is so constructive..

I'm sorry, I really didn't mean to come off like that. I play the game and I comment on various issues I see as disturbing the general balance. Maybe I'm not so well versed in the stats, or I come off as a rage poster, but my hours and rank do speak for themselves, I hope that gives some leverage on my opinions, and for christs sake, must you label me as pointless whiner? Because that in itself is very constructive?:crazy:
20 Jan 2016, 19:54 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

So can people stop making these whine threads and giving them completely unrelated titles? There is already an AEC thread, why do you need to make more of them?
20 Jan 2016, 19:58 PM

The OP is a top 50-100 player. It's not simply a whine thread. But I share the same frustration as Highfiveeee.

Company Of Building To Building Pew Pew
20 Jan 2016, 20:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2016, 19:54 PMTobis
So can people stop making these whine threads and giving them completely unrelated titles? There is already an AEC thread, why do you need to make more of them?

That's completely related. The meta. The abuse of, the implementation, the use against, and the fixing there fore. The obtuse reasoning towards over buffing a unit so that it can single handedly destroy your light vehicles and proceed to mop up the infantry, to chase down snipers, to knock out support teams, to screw your shit up. So, the meta. Shall we continue relying on it to make balance decisions? Or continue to antagonize those who point out the obvious? And maybe I do complain, but at least it's because I'm on the side dishing out the lulz, not receiving, so at least there's some righteousness in it.:hansRNG:
20 Jan 2016, 20:10 PM

meta of shrek blob, calliope use, panzerwerfer use... can we discuss that too? since these are also abused, implemented, used, and require fixing. they can single-handedly change the tide of a game.
20 Jan 2016, 23:10 PM

Permanently Banned

Because Panzerschrecks and raketenwerfers aren't perfectly capable of killing an AEC?

Try building mortars/ISG, they work pretty good.

Lol, not when my AEC has 50 vision and non doc smoke with 400 health at 5-6 minute mark. It takes 4 shreck hits to kill an AEC, shrecks aren't lasers at range either, you think kiting shreck squads is hard when you can self spot? By that point I've got 3 sections and a vickers, which are more than capable of holding off even 5 volks and a sturmpio squad, see a racketen? Just back up after the first shot, its range is as high as the AECs vision.

Range and sight are the king of the battlefield. The only way people have been able to kill my AEC before I mercilessly fuck them up with the constant bleed is if I hit a mine. Right after AEC I usually get a RE with minesweeper anyway.
20 Jan 2016, 23:13 PM
Patrion 28

the problem with buildings is that there isn't a counter for the first minute or and that's all it takes to turn into a 10 minute advantage that snowballs into a win. i assume 1v1 is different because you actually have to cap but in team games the buildings at the choke/fuel points generally decide the game in the first 20 seconds or so.

all factions have counters to garrisons at some point but garrisons aren't a huge issue late game; it's early game when factions have limited options that buildings are problematic.
20 Jan 2016, 23:24 PM

into a 10 minute advantage that snowballs into a win.

There's no such thing as a snowball in comeback of heroes.

Most garrisons can be circumvented simply by going elsewhere on the map and capping those territories. The only time it's a problem is when said building is covering a cut off. (Which is a map design issue more than anything else)
20 Jan 2016, 23:28 PM

Lol, not when my AEC has 50 vision and non doc smoke with 400 health at 5-6 minute mark. It takes 4 shreck hits to kill an AEC, shrecks aren't lasers at range either, you think kiting shreck squads is hard when you can self spot? By that point I've got 3 sections and a vickers, which are more than capable of holding off even 5 volks and a sturmpio squad, see a racketen? Just back up after the first shot, its range is as high as the AECs vision.

Range and sight are the king of the battlefield. The only way people have been able to kill my AEC before I mercilessly fuck them up with the constant bleed is if I hit a mine. Right after AEC I usually get a RE with minesweeper anyway.

Just wondering who are you "messing" up?

In the military, artillery is king and infantry is queen.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★