Login

russian armor

So, the meta.

20 Jan 2016, 01:32 AM

As of the new patch, which I may add was extremely minor and only changed the AEC really, the balance has been thrown off once again, with the AEC going from a crappier puma, to a hybrid between the Puma and T 70.
I refer to my experience now playing it, not any numbers, as I simply don't think I should give Relic my time by actually delving into their game and trying to understand their logic, but the fact is, is that the AEC now completely deters light vehicles play from Ostheer and OKW, and now can destroy infantry. Before, sucked, yes. But must we respond from a extreme to another extreme?

Here's the complicated and nearly incomprehensible solution Lelic, lower the AEC cost, and reduced it's AI. And fix the damn ability, bugged as hell.
20 Jan 2016, 01:58 AM

Permanently Banned
Been playing brits lately and feel bad about locking okw players into their base every game they go med truck with 5 minute AEC.
20 Jan 2016, 01:59 AM

I refer to my experience now playing it, not any numbers, as I simply don't think I should give Relic my time by actually delving into their game and trying to understand their logic,

Then you're just shitposting and clogging up this forum.

20 Jan 2016, 02:06 AM

Then you're just shitposting and clogging up this forum.

Really ironic coming from an individual who is designated on the forum to be constructive and provide guidance towards those who don't understand the game as well as you do, at least that's what the title means right? So how about you inform and enlighten me on your opinion then disregard my suggestion and accuse me of shit posting?
20 Jan 2016, 02:09 AM
20 Jan 2016, 02:12 AM

Really ironic coming from an individual who is designated on the forum to be constructive and provide guidance towards those who don't understand the game as well as you do, at least that's what the title means right? So how about you inform and enlighten me on your opinion then disregard my suggestion and accuse me of shit posting?

Because your OP shows a lack of willingness to learn the game mechanics while simultaneously attempting to state perceived balance ad fact, with zero supporting arguments, and then throwing in some passive agressiveness towards Relic for good measure.

You get the same effort out that you put in.

If you really wanted help instead of pretending to, you might make less of a shit post.
20 Jan 2016, 02:23 AM
Donator 11

AEC makes OST unplayable in 1v1. wait for next esl -aec ftw
20 Jan 2016, 04:21 AM

Because your OP shows a lack of willingness to learn the game mechanics while simultaneously attempting to state perceived balance ad fact, with zero supporting arguments, and then throwing in some passive agressiveness towards Relic for good measure.

You get the same effort out that you put in.

If you really wanted help instead of pretending to, you might make less of a shit post.

I don't really want to feed into your saltiness, at this point I'm really confused where this anger is coming from, I'm not sure what part of my post in particular incited you, was it when I said "lelic", or when I said how I didn't want to waste my time on Relic and trying to understand their logic? Sorry for whatever I did, let's salvage what we can from this thread man. BTW I'm not rage posting, this is from my experience actually playing the AEC, not against it.;)
20 Jan 2016, 04:26 AM

I don't really want to feed into your saltiness, at this point I'm really confused where this anger is coming from, I'm not sure what part of my post in particular incited you, was it when I said "lelic", or when I said how I didn't want to waste my time on Relic and trying to understand their logic? Sorry for whatever I did, let's salvage what we can from this thread man. BTW I'm not rage posting, this is from my experience actually playing the AEC, not against it.;)

Its more the attitude of posting in a balance forum while admitting you don't want to understand the game logic/numbers/mechanics. Whatever at this point.

The AEC doesn't need anything drastic, more than anything the far accuracy might need toning down. It isn't wiping full health squads because it has very low AoE damage.
20 Jan 2016, 04:29 AM

Its more the attitude of posting in a balance forum while admitting you don't want to understand the game logic/numbers/mechanics. Whatever at this point.

The AEC doesn't need anything drastic, more than anything the far accuracy might need toning down. It isn't wiping full health squads because it has very low AoE damage.

Well actually, clumped up squads of grens have tended to lose upwards to 3 models in one shot, at least from when I use the AEC, or maybe it's the player clumping his squads. But it certainly has the potential to wipe several models in single shots.
20 Jan 2016, 04:56 AM
Patrion 14

The old AEC could wipe models in one shot too(any tank can do this if the shell lands directly on the model). It depends on what health the models were at when they were hit that determines whether they die from the AOE damage or not.

Grenadiers clumping up and dying has always been that way; far worse with T70s or Stuarts. At least it isn't as bad as falls who regularly die because their formations out of cover haven't been fixed yet.
20 Jan 2016, 05:03 AM

The old AEC could wipe models in one shot too(any tank can do this if the shell lands directly on the model). It depends on what health the models were at when they were hit that determines whether they die from the AOE damage or not.

Grenadiers clumping up and dying has always been that way; far worse with T70s or Stuarts. At least it isn't as bad as falls who regularly die because their formations out of cover haven't been fixed yet.

Meh, old AEC was lackluster against everthing but light vehicles, most shots would either miss or maybe do a little damage, imo of course.
20 Jan 2016, 05:11 AM

Permanently Banned
Been using the AEC lately, and have noticed it spots for itself and a little beyond. Its sight must atleast be 45. Is this fair that it can self spot? It makes kiting infantry way too easy.
20 Jan 2016, 05:13 AM
Patrion 14

Been using the AEC lately, and have noticed it spots for itself and a little beyond. Its sight must atleast be 45. Is this fair that it can self spot? It makes kiting infantry way too easy.

Spotting range is 50, same as M20 and Puma.

In comparison; the T70, Stuart, and Luchs have a spotting range of 35.
20 Jan 2016, 06:18 AM

Permanently Banned

Spotting range is 50, same as M20 and Puma.

In comparison; the T70, Stuart, and Luchs have a spotting range of 35.

Thats not fair, m20s can't hurt armor, and pumas can't hurt infantry.

AEC should get lowered to 35 because its general purpose on top of being the most durable light tank of the stuart, p2, and t70. This unit needs sight adjustments.
20 Jan 2016, 06:49 AM
Patrion 14

I got this wild hair to try something really... not meta. I tried to transition from the AEC to the valentine. It became apparent very quickly that, except for the scan ability, the valentine really sucks.

The Val does 80 damage vs the 120 from the AEC.
The Val has 480 hp vs the 400 for AEC. (Which means they both take 4 shreck hits at 120 damage per hit mathematically to kill, but the valentine can take 1 extra tank round (3v4))
Val dps: 5.30 / 9.64
AEC dps: 11.86 / 21.56

The AEC provides 50 sight radius without any special abilities. That's huge.

That 2.5 AOE is pretty big.

There are other stats that differentiate the two, but I believe I have highlighted the important stuff.

The point is of this is to highlight how good the AEC is now since that DPS is now applied in a much greater radius than before.

I approve of the general direction of the change to the AEC, but I think it needs to be dialed back a bit. Changes can be through adjusting accuracy/scatter vs inf. Lowering overall damage. Increasing reload time. Adjusting the AOE to lessen at greater range as well as the damage multiplier. Just a little, and I mean little, tweak to one of these areas could make it perfect and an actually serious decision to make, which I feel is not the case on most maps.
20 Jan 2016, 07:51 AM

playercard pls

.... or stahp posting :rofl:
20 Jan 2016, 07:58 AM

Well, since I don't usually build any shitlightostheerarmoredcar, I don't care about AEC buffs. A pzgren squad is all you need to keep it at distance. If you have a pak too, or placed a mine, it's goodfuckinbye. Raketen and volks can kill its ass also, in OKW's case.

Maybe I am only thinking like this because as Ostheer I don't build light vehicles and as OKW I never start with T3 (panzer 2 building).
The only time I did that, was against a maxim spammer, that exaggerated so hard I built 2 panzer 2s....

From the brits side, I like the new AEK.
20 Jan 2016, 08:01 AM

Been playing brits lately and feel bad about locking okw players into their base every game they go med truck with 5 minute AEC.

Just like Luchs base locks USF players who don't go fast T3 into stuart.

This is meta, either you do what it dictates or you drop in rank until players are bad enough not to play the meta.
20 Jan 2016, 08:15 AM

Am I the only one that is annoyed (despite the AEC), that every game right now is rushing the first unit to a near building because units in buildings (especially UKF Infantry Sections) are extremely durable and there is no reliable way to get them out as Axis?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 54
Korea, Republic Of 16
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak