Login

russian armor

Calliope commander every single game

PAGES (11)down
22 Jan 2016, 14:58 PM

Yeah, I'm braindead, I totally agree with that. Does this statement fulfill your needs to insult others?

Let's head back to the topic now :)

Yup, becasue it was me who called brain-dead as a first one :thumbsup:

If you lose a Panther against one USF AT gun and one RF squad, you are perhaps yourself the brain dead player. 320 power armor of doom just plings these off, blitzkrieg, get in, get the kill, and avoid the usual mine spots if you see an M20 - or better, get mine detectors if you see an M20.

Still waiting for a replay of hunting Calliopes agasint decent opponent.
22 Jan 2016, 15:00 PM

Dude, you're still not over the whole call other people brain-dead? Move on, man.

AT Guns don't tickle Panthers at all. Go and calculate the penetration chances of 57mm AT Gun, or even Riflemen AT Snare for maximum argumentation, as it was shown in the shoutbox at the time of writing this post.
22 Jan 2016, 15:06 PM

Nice balance posts. SeemsGood.

In all honesty, making the Sherman calliope not be able to have crew hop out is an option. Increasing cooldown is also an option.

We should all be used to this. Relic release a commander every now and then which is quite broken in the sense of being extremely powerful. The nerf hammer will come next patch. (See Tiger Ace, Windustry and Crocs.)
22 Jan 2016, 15:17 PM

Nice balance posts. SeemsGood.

In all honesty, making the Sherman calliope not be able to have crew hop out is an option. Increasing cooldown is also an option.

We should all be used to this. Relic release a commander every now and then which is quite broken in the sense of being extremely powerful. The nerf hammer will come next patch. (See Tiger Ace, Windustry and Crocs.)

Another nice option is to change the Pwerfer/calliope rockets to not have 2-3 times the radius of a katyusha rocket. ;)

Seriously, just make calliope rockets do the same damage as katyusha rockets. There, fixed.
22 Jan 2016, 15:20 PM

Fixed indeed. USF is not allowed to have any good late game units or useful commanders!
22 Jan 2016, 15:33 PM

Yes, you are brain dead, becasue I said about keeping it at bay and you keep saying about owning and that Panther is losing to RF and AT gun. It's cleary L2Read issue or being brain dead.

Yes, one AT nade and AT gun is enought to stop you, unless you like to get sanre in you face and then start to reverse with enginge damage while calliopes will rocket your panther into death.

in order to snare, you have to hit the panther with AT before throwing at nade....so ATGUN and RF are needed or zooks and AT nade...or...well, my point is:

if enemy has there some calliopes, and at least one RF and one ATGUN, and mines from a teamate (or are those m20 mines??) is it not possible to use an offmap arty to clear those RF and ATG before assaulting those calliops??? or bring some support with your panther so you can force the RF to retreat?? or maybe bring a couple of P4 instead of a panther????? USF is not good at defensive duties in my opinion, and at that late late late late stage of the game when 10cp has passed and you could mass 3+ calliops, Axis should have plenty of tools to deal with that USF defensive position....can´t you pee-werfer the area so RF retreats or die and then start the assault??? sure is not an easy task, I can get that, but I think it should be harder to do the same againts an OST player that has a pee-werfer as debastating as a calliop but it has more and better tools to be in the defensive, with pios than can put down mines, better atguns, better snare, better armor, better crowd-control tools and whatever commander he want to use so he can have pee-werfer with tiger, or with tiger ace, or with whatever unit he want as pee-werfer is not doctrinal, in summary better defensive tools than USF.

Just asking, trying to get the point how those callis are so OP....not saying you are wrong or anything....

In my opinion Calli is not OP as Pee-werfer are not OP, sure they are really potent tools, but they are pure AI tools than only can be fielded in the late game.....in my opinion, it should be this way, but in this same thread other guy told me than indeed, calliop is OP because it can eat 4 atgun shoots as no other rocket arty can do it.... just noob here so , trying to learn from others...
22 Jan 2016, 15:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jan 2016, 15:33 PMFul4n0

Well, you know, it's a different story when you dive into enemy's line with Serman, Jackson, M10, P4, PV, whatever and shoot down Katy or PzWerfer. You need just one shot to do this. You may lose your tank but if you trade it fo 2 Katys/Werfes it was worth it.

With calliope, panther needs 30seconds of shooting. I can't imagine situation where enemy is letting you shoot for 30secs without any AT response, unless the game is already in your favour and it's a certain win.
22 Jan 2016, 15:43 PM
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jan 2016, 15:17 PMBurts

Seriously, just make calliope rockets do the same damage as katyusha rockets. There, fixed.

pwerfer as well +1
22 Jan 2016, 15:43 PM

Well, you know, it's a different story when you dive into enemy's line with Serman, Jackson, M10, P4, PV, whatever and shoot down Katy or PzWerfer. You need just one shot to do this. You may lose your tank but if you trade it fo 2 Katys/Werfes it was worth it.

With calliope, panther need 30seconds of shooting. I can't imagine situation where enemy is letting you shoot for 30secs without any AT response, unless the game is already in your favour and it's a certain win.

yep, as Bladlord told me, then, problem here is HP and armor right????

what people think then it could be a good solution, low his HP to 320 as others poited out????

It should be a little cheaper then fuel wise??? or the unit is overperforming and then, once his HP is cut down to half, it should be OK those 140 fuel???

Again just asking, I know here this is not the usual behaviour, and people most of the time post just to defend his beloved factions and so on....but I´m here to learn and to enjoy those threads as I love to play COH2 and to read about COH2 and watch COH2 steams and ...and ....and....

Thanks for your kindly reply.
22 Jan 2016, 15:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jan 2016, 15:43 PMFul4n0

yep, as Bladlord told me, then, problem here is HP and armor right????

what people think then it could be a good solution, low his HP to 320 as others poited out????

It should be a little cheaper then fuel wise??? or the unit is overperforming and then, once his HP is cut down to half, it should be OK those 140 fuel???

Again just asking, I know here this is not the usual behaviour, and people most of the time post just to defend his beloved factions and so on....but I´m here to learn and to enjoy those threads as I love to play COH2 and to read about COH2 and watch COH2 steams and ...and ....and....

Thanks for your kindly reply.

HP and armor are problematic, but wiping vet 3 crew weapons without almost any chances to survive is even bigger problem, especially for OST faction which has to rely on crew weapons.
22 Jan 2016, 15:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jan 2016, 15:44 PMPorygon
Stating CalliOP being OP doesn't stop you being an Allies fanboy. :snfPeter:

yeah Porygon, if you are talking about me, yes, it is true, USF is my favourite faction, and most of the time I spent here my time reading USF related threads, but I just read most of the time, sometimes I will post to ask about something I don´t get or I don´t aggree, but I always try to not make balance suggestions and so on as my Knoledge is not enough to do that...

I hope you can understand and respect this....I think there is nothing wrong with me Having a favorite faction....this is compatible with being objective and behaving with respect in those forums......

Anyway, if I did something than you don´t liked or you were affected in anyway, sorry, it wasn´t intended.

Finally, excuse my bad english as is not my native language and I know my level is not good.

Regards,
22 Jan 2016, 15:52 PM

No, he's talking about me :romeoPro:
22 Jan 2016, 15:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jan 2016, 15:51 PMFul4n0

yeah Porygon, if you are talking about me, yes, it is true, USF is my favourite faction, and most of the time I spent here my time reading USF related threads, but I just read most of the time, sometimes I will post to ask about something I don´t get or I don´t aggree, but I always try to not make balance suggestions and so on as my Knoledge is not enough to do that...

I hope you can understand and respect this....I think there is nothing wrong with me Having a favorite faction....this is compatible with being objective and behaving with respect in those forums......

Anyway, if I did something than you don´t liked or you were affected in anyway, sorry, it wasn´t intended.

Finally, excuse my bad english as is not my native language and I know my level is not good.

Regards,

If you are here to learn you May stop using excessive questionsmarks. Makes your post looks very aggressive, not like someone who wants to learn but someone who wants to troll/rant/flame.

Oh and your over use of rhetorical questions doenst make you look like you want learn too, because Stating rhetorical questions(=you dont want an answer for them) and wanting to learn kinda contradicts..
22 Jan 2016, 16:07 PM

If you are here to learn you May stop using excessive questionsmarks. Makes your post looks very aggressive, not like someone who wants to learn but someone who wants to troll/rant/flame.

Oh and your over use of rhetorical questions doenst make you look like you want learn too, because Stating rhetorical questions(=you dont want an answer for them) and wanting to learn kinda contradicts..

So this

?

= aggressive.

Looks like I really need to L2English. :hansGG:
22 Jan 2016, 16:34 PM

Am I missing something? As axis I'd much rather play against the "calliope" commander than heavy cav. Once a Calliope is out you have to change your play style a bit, but you have a definitive advantage of having heavy tanks while your opponent lacks those (assuming you pick a doctrine correctly).

Everyone seems to be complaining about the rest of the doctrine but I really don't see an issue with the 1919s. The halftrack really isn't that useful because it comes well after you can field light vehicles anyways. The strafe is alright, but delayed to the point where you only have to worry about weapons crews.
22 Jan 2016, 16:45 PM

Well, I think up until Calliopes Axis players could rely on the fact that USF was pretty much screwed for indirect fire.

Against Soviets I've long known that team weapons are just a bridge to the end game. Once kats come out team weapons are something to be recrewed, not kept alive with vet.

Against USF, as either Axis faction I could/can always reliably fall back on out blobbing schreks or lmg42s to efficient effect.
22 Jan 2016, 16:57 PM

relic is lier, this calliope is not T34 calliope, this is T34E2 Calliope
22 Jan 2016, 17:05 PM

Am I missing something? As axis I'd much rather play against the "calliope" commander than heavy cav. Once a Calliope is out you have to change your play style a bit, but you have a definitive advantage of having heavy tanks while your opponent lacks those (assuming you pick a doctrine correctly).

Everyone seems to be complaining about the rest of the doctrine but I really don't see an issue with the 1919s. The halftrack really isn't that useful because it comes well after you can field light vehicles anyways. The strafe is alright, but delayed to the point where you only have to worry about weapons crews.

This.

But still doesn't make sense that thing being too much beefy than other rocket arty.
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS