Login

russian armor

Calliope commander every single game

PAGES (11)down
22 Jan 2016, 13:20 PM

Meanwhile, I just go around with my Panther or double P4 and make my mission to kill these Callips. They're strong, but I do know that my enemy has 140 fuel in pure AI only, and no Jacksons around. You guys seem to have a bit of double standard...

I'd like to see a replay of that.
22 Jan 2016, 13:32 PM

Really? Is killing AI tanks that can't protect themselves by putting one vehicle in their back, and one at their fronts really worth a replay? If they survive, just recon where they may be repairing (or use the distinct repair noise in the FOW), and hit again. I played lots of USF before switching to OKW main, perhaps I learnt from them how to spread forces, flank and cover. Not worth a replay, man. If you really need one, just watch Barton vs Jesulin ESL Finals on how to deal with USF "line of defense" and Callips.

22 Jan 2016, 13:38 PM

Really? Is killing AI tanks that can't protect themselves by putting one vehicle in their back, and one at their fronts really worth a replay? I played lots of USF before switching to OKW main, perhaps I learnt from them how to spread forces, flank and cover. Not worth a replay, man. If you really need one, just watch Barton vs Jesulin ESL Finals on how to deal with USF "line of defense" and Callips.

Yes, because no one keeps Calliopes without AT protection, no one leaves flanks without mine field (unless you play agasint brain dead enemy) and it takes 30seconds for Panther to kill 1 Calliope.
I can't imagine situation where you just drive behind enemies' lines without any mines and simply snipe Calliope for 30secs without any AT protection, unless (again) you play agasint brain dead enemy.

I did watch Jesuln vs Barton and I saw Calliopes raping Barton's army.
22 Jan 2016, 13:43 PM

Obviously, during the time USF gets 3-4 Callis, plants mine fields everywhere, uses ammo to get 1919s and Recons, gets AT guns everywhere, and bunkers everything in, Axis is just there sitting and turning their thumbs doing nothing. It's always these arguments where theoretically Allies got infinite resources and Axis does nothing at all to counter any play.

=> And yet, Barton the first time around, and lost his callis, 3x AT guns and more to 2xP4 and one KT. They're both equal levels of skills.

22 Jan 2016, 13:47 PM

1 AT gun and 1 RF squad is enough to keep Panther away.
Add mines and there is o chance to simply drive behind and snipe for 30seconds.

So I kindly ask for a replay agasint not brain-dead enemy ;)
22 Jan 2016, 13:49 PM

If you lose a Panther against one USF AT gun and one RF squad, you are perhaps yourself the brain dead player. 320 power armor of doom just plings these off, blitzkrieg, get in, get the kill, and avoid the usual mine spots if you see an M20 - or better, get mine detectors if you see an M20.

22 Jan 2016, 13:51 PM

If you lose a Panther against one USF AT gun and one RF squad, you are perhaps yourself the brain dead player. 320 power armor of doom just plings these off, blitzkrieg, get in, get the kill, and avoid the usual mine spots if you see an M20 - or better, get mine detectors if you see an M20.

And where did I say about losing? L2Read. I said about keeping it away.

Please a replay of hunting down Calliopes since you do it so easily and so often.
22 Jan 2016, 13:52 PM

Yeah, let's go down the useless route of requesting replays when other arguments fail. Standard retort "Oh, you didn't provide replays, therefore my arugment win, even though I provided no replays myself whatsoever"

Panthers losing against one AT gun and one RF. I laugh!
What's next, Callips one shooting KTs? SOV Katy OP?
22 Jan 2016, 13:54 PM

1 AT gun and 1 RF squad is enough to keep Panther away.
Add mines and there is o chance to simply drive behind and snipe for 30seconds.

So I kindly ask for a replay agasint not brain-dead enemy ;)

Don't know where you want to go but Ostheer can field 1 Pwerfer and clean the area of ATgun and mine field and next you drive your panther.
You can also clean a path with a stuka barrage and next drive on the ashes with your panther to the calliope nest.
22 Jan 2016, 13:55 PM

=> Some people just want the easy win, really. No game, just a move blobs to victory.

Just buff other USF Commanders to something useful to make them appealing, stop all these silly nerfs.
22 Jan 2016, 14:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jan 2016, 13:54 PMEsxile

Don't know where you want to go but Ostheer can field 1 Pwerfer and clean the area of ATgun and mine field and next you drive your panther.
You can also clean a path with a stuka barrage and next drive on the ashes with your panther to the calliope nest.

It's a good theory but you can't afford going for T4 every game.
As for Stuka it won't clean Jacksons, T34/85 or SUs which second player (2v2) will have to protect Calliopes.

Still waiting for replay where you hunt Calliopes like there is no tomorrow.
22 Jan 2016, 14:16 PM

There goes the theory that every nest of Callis is always protected by hordes of mines, jacksons everywhere, T34/85s, SU85s, blobs with double zooks, blobs with double 1919s (etc) and that Axis has nothing at hand of equal resource value ...

Still waiting for replays where one RF and one AT guns owns Panthers too! You know, everyone can twist these replay requests the way you want to, as long as they somehow support any non-existing argument. It is worst bait.
22 Jan 2016, 14:17 PM

=> Some people just want the easy win, really. No game, just a move blobs to victory.

Just buff other USF Commanders to something useful to make them appealing, stop all these silly nerfs.

yep USF commanders in 90 % are soo shitty i dont get why people cant understand this... o_O this thread make me wonna laugh why people make so heated discussion about obvious things :romeoMug:
22 Jan 2016, 14:19 PM

Good trolling :clap:

Calliope OP so buff the other US commanders.

Spectacular :) But please do posts some replays of your epic anti-calliope missions.

@ Australian Magic, yeah it's pretty tiresome playing vs callis all the time. Early game US has superior infantry, mid game they have equal infantry with LMGs that make them superior. Late game they delete all your vetted squads with calliope.

GG WP.
22 Jan 2016, 14:20 PM

There goes the theory that every nest of Callis is always protected by hordes of mines, jacksons everywhere, T34/85s, SU85s, blobs with double zooks, blobs with double 1919s (etc) and that Axis has nothing at hand of equal resource value ...

Still waiting for replays where one RF and one AT guns owns Panthers too! You know, everyone can twist these replay requests the way you want to, as long as they somehow support any non-existing argument. It is worst bait.

Are you brain dead? I ve never said 1 AT GUN and RF will own a Panther. I said it's enough to keep it at distance because of RF AT nade.

You stated that it's very easy to Panther and hunt Calliopes. So if you do it so often, what's the problem with uploading a replay? It will take you like 1 minute to do it?
22 Jan 2016, 14:23 PM

Obviously RF AT Nade is enough to keep Callis protected from Panthers. Even game stats (pen values of AT nade/AT Gun, minimum damage required on Panther to get engine damage, Front armor of panther). If you kill, wait, let's use your terminology "keep Panthers at bay" with one RF and one AT gun, due to the RF AT nade, something went horribly wrong for the OKW/OST player.

Cheers for calling me brain dead. It is always enjoyable to turn to insults in discussions when disagreeing.
22 Jan 2016, 14:36 PM

Yeah, I'm braindead, I totally agree with that. Does this statement fulfill your needs to insult others?

Let's head back to the topic now :)
22 Jan 2016, 14:56 PM

Calliope crew should not be able to get out and repair, just like Pershing.
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS