Login

russian armor

Calliope commander every single game

PAGES (11)down
19 Jan 2016, 20:29 PM

This is getting out of control. Calliope commander is just insanely superior to ANY other USF commander. LMG, recon, quad, tech-free tanky wipe machine. What else do you need?
Paras? Meh, you have LMG.
Infantry for LMG and arty? Meh, you have LMGs and better arty.
Quoad for extra pressure and really long recon.

And at the top of that, calliOPe.

Once we were afraid that we gonna see E8 every damn game. Then we were afraid of Pershing every damn game. But other commanders offer different/better/more important abilities than these 2, that's why we did not see them all the time. Once it was Rifle Company, then it was Pershing or Armor company. Even infantry was very popular. But right now? It's calliope commander every game. From 1v1 to 4v4 vast majority of games is about this commander. In late-game you just abuse pop cap and spam calliopes like crazy (stop cooldown when crew is out, anyone? :huhsign: )

Well, GG Relic for making commander which owns all others commanders. You brought to the point, where all you need is calliope commander, nothing else.
19 Jan 2016, 20:34 PM

Played a 4v4 yesterday and my USFs ally had 5 Calliope's. The enemy didn't have any infantry... It didn't take long to put the two together.
19 Jan 2016, 20:36 PM

The calie is fine. m1919/Quad are not./
19 Jan 2016, 20:38 PM

Meanwhile, I just go and hunt down every Calliope unchallenged with a Panther, or even two.

Multiple Callis is a total AT failure, yet everyone seems to just want to blob their Volks to victory..

19 Jan 2016, 20:40 PM

The calie is fine. m1919/Quad are not./

When something does not leave a chance to survive for your crew weapons, it's not fine.
Ostheer is about crew weapons and they are hopeless. You work on your hmg, mortars or paks to get vet 3 and then, even you move them back/retreat the moment you hear rockets, you gonna lose them without chances to survive.

Meanwhile, I just go and hunt down every Calliope unchallenged with a Panther, or even two.

Multiple Callis is a total AT failure, yet everyone seems to just want to blob their Volks to victory..

You missed a point.
Good for you that you are hunting them but the point is we see this commander every single game.

It's like it was designed at Relic's HQ to fill everysingle USF gap so people buy it... :foreveralone:
19 Jan 2016, 20:41 PM

Stukas, and Pwerfer does the same to USF/Sov. Especially against the beloved Sov Maxim/ZiS opening. Major with visible antenna through the fog is an invitation for bombardment especially after a retreat :)
19 Jan 2016, 20:43 PM

Stukas, and Pwerfer does the same to USF/Sov. Especially against the beloved Sov Maxim/ZiS opening. Major with visible antenna through the fog is an invitation for bombardment especially after a retreat :)

You can dodge Stuka and even if you won't there is still chance to survive.

Werfer is OP just like Calliope.

But again, it's not just calliope. It's the whole commander. We don't see anything else. Just this one in every single game, from 1v1 to 4v4.
19 Jan 2016, 20:44 PM

It is a new commander, the meta of Calliopes will die down once there's another new toy out. The Pershing was in every of my games for a while, along with Goliaths.

Once these pesky Calliope Spammers notice that they're worthless against Tanks, and once they keep losing them, then the meta will switch again.

Enjoy trying to dodge Stuka with Sovs. The moment they'll have things packed and ready to move, they'll be wiped..
19 Jan 2016, 20:46 PM

Enable the onboard 75mm for extra oomph:snfPeter:

@AM: TBH the 3cp M5 is more troublesome than the callie.
19 Jan 2016, 20:46 PM

Are people seriously defending the Tactical support company commander, its the definition of "P2W". I totally agree with everyhing OP said, it fills almost every gap in USF weaknesses.
19 Jan 2016, 20:47 PM

It is a new commander, the meta of Calliopes will die down once there's another new toy out. The Pershing was in every of my games for a while, along with Goliaths.

Goliaths cannot be compared to Calliopes. They can barely be compared to demo-charges. For every 10 goliaths, 9 will explode before reaching target. Haven't seen a Goliath in a long time and its a new commander.
19 Jan 2016, 20:48 PM

It is too strong for its cost sure. I would argue that even though Panzerwerfer produces approximately the same lethality, the Calliope is in a better position due to the fact that USF does not rely on team weapons. The static nature of Ostheer team weapons and OKW trucks makes them easy pickings for Calliope. Furthermore the Calliope is much more forgiving, you can forget about it and soak 1-2 schrecks and then retreat with it, if you do that with a Panzerwerfer it gets annihilated.

and 2 barrages in close range; Dead OKW truck. A bit too powerful, all it needs is a HP reduction.
19 Jan 2016, 20:49 PM

Err, USF is still at a massive disadvantage late game, and fails against Tanks if they start blobbing Calliop.

I keep seeing people spamming volks like crazy, floating in fuel, then ragequit when the Calliope hits. For me clearly a L2P problem, I barely see anyone taking as a mission to actively hunt the Callis, but prefer to stick behind the lines and defend the trucks..

And if people do go hunt down callis, it's with a Volksblob only. Blob against antiblob tool is doomed to failure. Use panther, flank it, block retreat path, shreck it down.

Sigh. I killed six Calliopes in my first two games of the day, nobody else in 2on2 seems to want to go and hunt them down.

I like the 1919, it tells me that the chosen enemy commander is either the Priest or Calli. I just ready myself for the upcoming USF Callis/Priest :)

Once Axis start actively hunting down these Callis with their tanks, and stop being defensive and static as they're used to, then the you'll see them less. Right now, Axis players don't seem to bother much, and Allies will just abuse the shit out of that and spam Callis.
19 Jan 2016, 21:02 PM

It's pretty normal to see the Calliopes surrounded by a few AT guns. So no, it's not as easy as just hunting them down.
19 Jan 2016, 21:03 PM

Sigh. I killed six Calliopes in my first two games of the day

The fact you saw 6 calliopes in 2 2v2s says enough. :sibHyena:
19 Jan 2016, 21:03 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

A well supported Calli can't simply be "hunted down" depending on the map. Rushing a Werfer and 1 shotting it is also far easier of a task.
19 Jan 2016, 21:05 PM

Yeah, and I won these game. If the enemy bought Jacksons instead of spamming Callis, they may have had a chance of winning. I actually hate facing 2x Jacksons more than 2x Callis

It's just a meta phase that needs to be shifted by not letting these things being useful to USF.
19 Jan 2016, 21:07 PM

this unit was introduced because of community demand

gj community
19 Jan 2016, 21:25 PM

As people pointed, the problem is not the calliope ffs, its the entire doctrine
19 Jan 2016, 21:27 PM

Easy to solve move all OKW tracks to base sector
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 40
Germany 692