Login

russian armor

Penals need buff/redesign

18 Jan 2016, 16:33 PM
Donator 33

Takes three satchels to take down an OKW truck.... That's 180 muni lol. And if you think penals hard counter the spam of long range fighters like volks and grens id be enormously shocked if that worked against someone past their first match.
18 Jan 2016, 16:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jan 2016, 16:23 PMTNrg

Their flamer actually cannot explode or be dropped though, which is one advantage. But doesn't make them worth it though. If you base your play around penals, you'll get stomped over by any remotely decent opponent.

If they had even AT nades I think they would be seen more often. But then, would anyone use conscripts because you could equip penals with AT nades AND flamers?

All flamers haven't been able to explode for ages.
18 Jan 2016, 16:47 PM
Donator 22

sry for the off topic, but why is the AI able to use AT Nades with penals and I am not WutFace
18 Jan 2016, 16:52 PM

That's 180 muni lol.
So 45 x 3 = 180?
18 Jan 2016, 16:55 PM
Donator 33

Oh well. Still thought they were 60. So news to me, only because I rarely use them now :p bad unit is bad unit. AT nade to stave you over would just about be enough. That 45 mini doesn't even seem s worthy investment if you can't demolish a small shed anymore.
18 Jan 2016, 16:57 PM

Yeah it has no effect on wooden cabins, lol. At first I thought it was a bug but apparently they were nerfed for whatever reason.
18 Jan 2016, 16:57 PM

Tested, you need at least six to get rid of a OKW truck. 270 ammo, and six penals..
18 Jan 2016, 17:00 PM
Donator 33

Lol used to take 3, 6 that's hilarious. So yea not worth it at all.
18 Jan 2016, 17:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jan 2016, 16:23 PMTNrg

Their flamer actually cannot explode or be dropped though, which is one advantage.

No flamer can explode since 3 months at least.
18 Jan 2016, 17:20 PM

They don't need big tweaks.
Maybe something with veteracny or long range buff.
Overall they are very, very useful on urban and mid-range maps. It's not like you can use them on every map.

The biggest down-side is that you must go for T1 to get them, so how about making Penals HQ unit which is avavible once T1 or T2 is built?
18 Jan 2016, 17:21 PM

- Take away the flamethrower (engineers useful)
- Improve the long-range
- Renamed in riflemen
- Profit

P.S.
I don't understand why the Soviet Union again in steriotip.
The Germans used penalty troops before the Soviet Union, 1% of the German and Soviet soldiers have been penal. I've never seen the German penal in games.
18 Jan 2016, 17:33 PM
Patrion 14

Tested, you need at least six to get rid of a OKW truck. 270 ammo, and six penals..

This is incorrect. You only need 3. Make sure the satchel lands on the truck itself.

Penals are great units. The only thing wrong with them is the fact that they fulfill The same role as conscripts. Penal starts give you a weak early game, since you are behind mp wise, but gives you a boost mid game. You just need to keep them from n groups of two, and flank enemies. 2 squads will melt any opposition until obers arrive.
18 Jan 2016, 18:03 PM

This is incorrect. You only need 3. Make sure the satchel lands on the truck itself.

Penals are great units. The only thing wrong with them is the fact that they fulfill The same role as conscripts. Penal starts give you a weak early game, since you are behind mp wise, but gives you a boost mid game. You just need to keep them from n groups of two, and flank enemies. 2 squads will melt any opposition until obers arrive.

That is weird, I took six, and did three experiments. I will try again.
18 Jan 2016, 18:46 PM

Permanently Banned
Lol jatitof still thinks non doc 6 man flame rifles are fair. Look at winrates Katitof, you really think axis is so OP? My god. Someones feeling pretty self righteous amr? Gotta stick it to the big bad axis, kek.

http://coh2chart.com/
18 Jan 2016, 18:56 PM

Buff long range DPS. Buff their cost. Remove flamer.(no need to have 2 building counters on one unit)
18 Jan 2016, 19:01 PM

Buff long range DPS. Buff their cost. Remove flamer.(no need to have 2 building counters on one unit)

Flamethrower is the only thing that makes them quite useful.
18 Jan 2016, 19:14 PM
Donator 33

Remove the flamer for a buff? Uhhhh nope. Satchels don't demolish buildings so you'd be taking away the ability to eliminate them.
18 Jan 2016, 19:36 PM

Remove the flamer for a buff? Uhhhh nope. Satchels don't demolish buildings so you'd be taking away the ability to eliminate them.

Assault group armed SVT-40, flamethrowers and explosives? This has never happened. if you want a flamethrower plus explosives, they must be armed with PPSh, or build engineers. Soviets infantry almost all close combat. So if you want that the penal were armed with SVT-40, they need to change the role (at long range), and change ability (Dyakonov rifle grenade,Serdyuk AT rifle grenade, Lend-Lease bazooka)
18 Jan 2016, 22:11 PM

Sov T1 lacks any kind of AT and will be trashed compared to T2 untill its fixed.

Non doc Sov in general is missing;
Close range infantry
AT infantry
LMG infantry

For penals suggest;
Rifle changed to guards profile bolt action.
Svts on penals? Really?

Add 3x PPsh to the flamer upgrade to make a close range squad
Add a 2x AT rifle upgrade to give soft AV
18 Jan 2016, 23:04 PM

They simply aren't worth the cost. Conscripts do everything they do, cheaper, while also have AT grenades and Ooorah right off the bat. Whatever advantage you get in the midgame with them, are mostly nullified because your early game has much less capping power and you don't have access to Maxims and AT guns.

I'd make them longer-ranged infanry (with the flamer serving as an option to make them close-range garrison clearer) and add an AT option to them, such as a lend-lease bazooka, while increasing their MP cost. This would probably help fix the problem of T1 being so rarely used for Soviets (especially vs OKW) because it has no At whasoever.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★