Login

russian armor

[USF] Live And Learn +%10 faster vet bulletins stack

14 Jan 2016, 18:38 PM

Issues like this are currently being looked at, I don't have an ETA on fix. Thanks

<444>3<444>3<444>3<444>3
14 Jan 2016, 18:43 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jan 2016, 18:15 PMVuther

Ostheer doesn't have a heavy tank destroyer dispatch cooldown bulletin!

RELIC PLS FIX

Power creep! Nerf JT!

@Relic:
-If you remove bulletin stacking i hope you have a solution to duplicates.
-If you fix overperforming bulletins, then i hope you do it across the board.
---But if you do so, what's the whole point of the bulletin system if it's practically useless.
14 Jan 2016, 18:59 PM

If your opponent has a Vet3 Riflemen at minute 7, you clearly did something wrong with the game and probably deserve to lose the match. Quite a L2P problem there.
14 Jan 2016, 19:40 PM
Patrion 310

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jan 2016, 18:15 PMVuther

Ostheer doesn't have a heavy tank destroyer dispatch cooldown bulletin!

RELIC PLS FIX

No Ele penetration bulletin either :huhsign: :(
14 Jan 2016, 20:52 PM
Patrion 27

Meanwhile Panthers can stack armor bulletins while Shermans can't. Balance :snfPeter:

If your opponent has a Vet3 Riflemen at minute 7, you clearly did something wrong with the game and probably deserve to lose the match. Quite a L2P problem there.

I'm pretty sure sorryWTF has never played a match before so it's a bit of a moot point.
15 Jan 2016, 03:18 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

@Relic:
---But if you do so, what's the whole point of the bulletin system if it's practically useless.

Yes, the entire thing needs a re-do to better have them go into a sweet spot of being noticeable but not game-changing. Personally, I think limiting bulletin effects to unit cost, reinforcement cost, ability cost and maybe ability range could work, and duplicates shouldn't be allowed.

The aforementioned effects have a significant impact over a match's time and can be clearly seen on your units, but there's room to make them not overly significant to timing and cost-efficiency that their bulletins would be overly necessary - 3% multiplicative accuracy to Grenadiers is pretty unnoticeable in practice, but a 3% reduction in initial and reinforcement cost can be immediately seen by putting their squad's cost to 233 and every 33 men reinforced is a free one (not unlikely to happen throughout a match, but shouldn't happen so often [unless you're getting rekt, then the bulletin won't save you] the bulletin's effectiveness would be too great), while not really affecting combat match-ups (retreating these Grenadiers with a bulletin at half models while Conscripts, Rifles or ISes didn't lose as many will remain a victory for the Allies).

Ability range is different, but if limited to lower-range abilities such as grenades, the distinction can be significant for its player while not uncounterable for the enemy (as they can clearly see the range bulletin before the match starts and play around it in the case of the lower-range abilities).
17 Jan 2016, 10:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jan 2016, 14:56 PMKatitof

It still would be inferior to accuracy bulletins.

Everything except maybe mine build time and lower cost for expensive spammable crap is inferior to accuracy bulletins.

but you cant get multiple 3% accuracy bulletins for shocks/strafniki, which is so annoying...
why should i need to buff op penals anyways)))
9% more accuracy for obers is fine.
nee
17 Jan 2016, 10:28 AM

First things first, is OP's claim even true?
17 Jan 2016, 22:02 PM
Patrion 28

simplest fix for bulletins is to give one bulletin slot and make every bulletin give ~~3x the current bonus. then you get one bulletin that makes a difference.
17 Jan 2016, 23:32 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Can rifles get 3x 3% accuracy bulletin? I only have one and it's "common"... i.e, not drop-able?
18 Jan 2016, 00:13 AM
Donator 11

I've heard the "if X, you clearly did something wrong" for like the 2183982839812983912983th time now. Idk if this is constructive at all and is just insulting, its basically L2P in a slightly less offensive way.

Vet 3 at minute 7 is very possible, especially with +30% increased veterancy and even more especially when you equip with dual Bazookas, or if you've Riflenaded a Luchs or Kubel a few times.
18 Jan 2016, 00:16 AM
Donator 11

Can rifles get 3x 3% accuracy bulletin? I only have one and it's "common"... i.e, not drop-able?

I've been wondering this too. I feel like the "basic" bulletins aren't droppable
18 Jan 2016, 00:48 AM

pls give M4C sherman bulletins :foreveralone:
18 Jan 2016, 03:26 AM
Senior Editor Badge

IN regards to OP's post about faster vet, it does mess up the pacing of veterancy and, in theory, other factions have the same ability with bulletins, but the issue is the fact that bulletin drops are random.

If (some?) bulletins were tied to achievements like they were before warspoils/WFA dropped, that would make getting bulletins a lot more goal-oriented.

Assuming Cuddletronic comes back to read this, or another Relic employee, I'd just like to say that having a warspoils system and explaining the probability of dropping bulletins/commanders for each faction to the player would lend a big hand to both competitive and casual players. When players know that they're making progress towards something, whether it's with actual %age numbers or words in relation to each other (unlikely, likely, etc.), they're more likely to keep grinding, to come back to the game, to keep playing, to keep putting hours in, and to keep buying dlc if necessary.

I'm loving the 1v1 ESL tourneys. I'm liking the increase in competitive tournaments (4v4, 2v2 tourneys starting this month). I hope this isn't the end of Relic's time giving coh2 major support. War Spoils overhaul, finishing up the Eastern Front with 1944-45 Theatre of War packs, Brits campaign, optimization for hardware, and patches to make under used units/commanders in competitive matches viable (USF Recon Support/Mechanized Co., M8 Scott; role of Penals vs. Conscripts), patches to make the game more balanced/fair for each faction (MG34 for OKW, changing deathloop for Maxim, etc.)

I love coh2. I love playing coh2 competitively. I'd hate to see it go, its servers shutdown, or the competitive player-base to leave because patch support ends. Single player, players who comp stomp with friends, they're all important players - and a much larger monetary and physical base - than the relatively small number of community players.

Thanks Relic :)
18 Jan 2016, 04:50 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

simplest fix for bulletins is to give one bulletin slot and make every bulletin give ~~3x the current bonus. then you get one bulletin that makes a difference.

I dunno man, that's probably gonna be too much of a difference, especially on the basic frontline infantry units that players are just about never going to go without so that'll cause a new (though smaller) problem where everyone's going to basically only have two actual bulletin choices. Only time I can really see being able to go without that would be Prostruppen players and maybe RE spammers (which I really dunno if it's any near viable anymore).
18 Jan 2016, 05:34 AM

Issues like this are currently being looked at, I don't have an ETA on fix. Thanks

Then the Panzer IV and Panther armor stacking bulletins better be fixed too.

It's funny how there's so many "game breaking" things about Allies even though 1v1 balance is apparently the best it's ever been.
18 Jan 2016, 14:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jan 2016, 05:34 AMLuGer33

It's funny how there's so many "game breaking" things about Allies even though 1v1 balance is apparently the best it's ever been.
Allies are dominating 1v1 again, USF/UKF specifically.

Unless that's considered "the besht ever been" by you. c o h 2 c h a r t . com

This thread was about a stacking issue, not balance.
18 Jan 2016, 14:45 PM

Hey I wanna stack my 3 Jagdtiger faster deployement bulletins! Oh wait...
18 Jan 2016, 16:53 PM

Power creep! Nerf JT!

@Relic:

History on playcard literaly
18 Jan 2016, 19:40 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

History on playcard literaly

Too lazy to change it to AT. Maybe some day i'll return to 1v1.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★