Login

russian armor

Honest question.

12 Jan 2016, 11:59 AM

Do you think the game is well balanced? If not what faction is the strongest and if yes, why?

Im asking for your opinion on the matter because i have been told i dont have enough gametime to form an opinion so i would just like to ask from you veterans here.
12 Jan 2016, 12:03 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Moved to the Lobby
12 Jan 2016, 12:12 PM

of coz no and never be
12 Jan 2016, 12:22 PM

I play mostly OKW. The game feels does not feel balanced at all most of the time, and it can be incredibly frustrating. I do strongly believe that Axis are the strongest in most stages of the game.

However, it's still most fun.
12 Jan 2016, 12:24 PM

I play mostly OKW. The game feels does not feel balanced at all most of the time, and it can be incredibly frustrating. I do strongly believe that Axis are the strongest in most stages of the game.

However, it's still most fun.

I think so too, do you play OKW cause they are op or because they are fun?
12 Jan 2016, 12:40 PM

Because they're fun and certainly less stressful to play as than Allies.
12 Jan 2016, 12:42 PM

balance is a lie.
12 Jan 2016, 12:47 PM

UKF is dead, certain match ups are very unbalanced.
12 Jan 2016, 13:13 PM

UKF is dead, certain match ups are very unbalanced.

This is what i have noticed too. What is the best allied faction currently? I dont want to play axis simply because they are op, i like to earn my victory.
12 Jan 2016, 13:15 PM

This is what i have noticed too. What is the best allied faction currently? I dont want to play axis simply because they are op, i like to earn my victory.

It would be Soviet+whatever isn't UKF, but even that can work if UKF goes special weapons regiment and gifts you vickers LMGs to double up in creating unit that makes axis fanbous anuses bleed-the indomitable dual LMG conscripts. :sibHyena:

Plus, soviets are actually the only allied faction that got more then single meta strat.
12 Jan 2016, 13:16 PM

Oddly enough, I do struggle against Soviets, as they are rather unpredictable. USF's tactics are streamlined, and captain/lt units reveal their tech. UKF: Only thing that they got that is good is AVRE and only in specific situations. Rest is laughable bunch. Just make sure you don't attack their fortified position though.
12 Jan 2016, 13:22 PM

The best Allied faction currently is the USF. They are the easiest to blob. Meanwhile the OKW blobs and can win games by building one unit.

I barely play the game any longer. It´s just blob versus blob. You get punished for using combined arms (which is the opposite this game once was about).

Every now and then a cancer emplacement from the Brit appears, which is no fun to play against. This is the strange thing: Brits as a faction are weak. Yet, they are no fun to play against as the emplacements are incredibly annoying. I actually mentioned pre release that the idea of emplacement made Brits the most hated faction in COH1. I can´t understand at all why someone at Relic had the idea to introduce an "indestructible" button to this pest. Emplacements simply have no place in this game. This being said, I would like to see a total redesign of Brits.
12 Jan 2016, 13:25 PM

Emplacements OP? Is this meant to be sarcasm? Just don't attack these bits until you can deal with it late game. Treat them like a set of deployed OKW Trucks, but less sturdy. It's not that OKW lacks tools to clean these up, OST TurboMortars cleans them up quickly too (and their smoke is awesome, often underrated!)

Edit: But eh, you do not play the game at all..
12 Jan 2016, 13:33 PM

Emplacements OP? Is this meant to be sarcasm? Just don't attack these bits until you can deal with it late game. Treat them like a set of deployed OKW Trucks, but less sturdy. It's not that OKW lacks tools to clean these up, OST TurboMortars cleans them up quickly too (and their smoke is awesome, often underrated!)

Edit: But eh, you do not play the game at all..
I have played 1300 hours since release and was in the top 10 2v2 some time ago.

If you could comprehend sentences, you would have seen that I wrote: "Brits are weak. Their emplacements are annoying to play against."

Yes, it can be handled. But ignoring parts of the map, being restricted in your movement and having to use artillery and then flame weapons and all that in conjunction while the Brit player has to press one fucking button, is shit. Sitting on your lazy ass, is not what made me play this game in the first place. Emplacements are the cancer of Coh.

I even wrote the word "annoying" in big letters so it wouldn´t be misunderstood. But you seem to like drama.
12 Jan 2016, 13:35 PM

Why thank you for clarification.

*humbly bows towards the big letters*
12 Jan 2016, 13:48 PM

I think so too, do you play OKW cause they are op or because they are fun?

I play OKW because I can't get used to Ost in the last weeks anymore...
As Ost you have a big problem when a fast T70 or Stuart arrives. If you don't have a pak till then it's critical. As OKW you are way more flexible.
12 Jan 2016, 13:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jan 2016, 13:33 PMButcher
Yes, it can be handled. But ignoring parts of the map, being restricted in your movement and having to use artillery and then AT weapons and all that in conjunction while the OKW player has to press one fucking button, is shit. Sitting on your lazy ass, is not what made me play this game in the first place. Emplacements are the cancer of Coh.

I have changed 2 words, the meaning is correct, but I haven't seen you saying it back in 2014 :foreveralone:
12 Jan 2016, 14:00 PM
Donator 11

Do you think the game is well balanced? If not what faction is the strongest and if yes, why?

Im asking for your opinion on the matter because i have been told i dont have enough gametime to form an opinion so i would just like to ask from you veterans here.

Which game mode are you refering to? Ballance swings between those.
12 Jan 2016, 15:55 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

4v4: nope
3v3: better than what it used to be pre UKF but nope
2v2: kinda
1v1: in a broad aspect, only with few meta commander/strats.
15 Jan 2016, 12:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jan 2016, 12:42 PMJadame!
balance is a lie.

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jan 2016, 13:22 PMButcher
I would like to see a total redesign of Brits.

I'm sure Relic will get to that after the total redesign of OKW. Because hey, one thing at a time and that was called out for first.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★