Login

russian armor

Brit games from the ESL...

11 Jan 2016, 20:01 PM

"I played as Brits twice in NA Cup, Once in semis where I got destroyed unsurprisingly by Sprice and once in the third round which was a good game"

Yeah, I just watched it and followed your sniper around all the time. :)

Was pretty tense till your Cromwell nailed his sniper.
11 Jan 2016, 23:04 PM

Brits Are Opie Op Kappa
11 Jan 2016, 23:29 PM

You won't find any player playing to win using the brits, because, well they are bad.

Their early game is very MP expensive and possibly the worst of all faction's. Tommies are overpriced, so is the Vickers, UC is a nigh on useless muni sink that dies to a faust or shreck, their mid-game is laughably terrible, and while their late-game options are scary you won't reach it in a shape that allows you to use it.

Brits relied on a few crutch units back when they were good/OP (sniper, previous Tommies, Centaur, Churchill). All of them were nerfed in some capacity, which leaves them with half their units mediocre or useless, the good ones not overly spectacular apart from the Cromwell and Comet, emplacements largely a waste of popcap outside of campy team games, and on top of that their doctrine selection is the worst in the game if you ask me.

Save yourself some trouble, and play another faction until Relic buffs them. In team games they can hold their own due to the nature of team games, in 1v1 they are the worst faction.
11 Jan 2016, 23:43 PM

Not my style, like a challenge and always go for the underdog.

It does put me off buying any other factions though.

I asked for stats on another thread and received some seriously waffly replies about how COH is balanced for the top players and everyone else is just rubbish etc. Hell I don't really care that much if the balance is shot to buggery, I'd just like to know about it beforehand and see some action to turn things around.

Cannot for the life of me understand the business model. Release new faction and hope people buy it but make it, shall we say somewhat pale, in comparison to the others? Are they hoping people try the Brits and buy the rest for an easier ride?

I don't win much, but I enjoy myself and everytime someone hands me my arse I learn something from it.

Provided the devs or balancers aren't actively masturbating over a picture of an Austrian gentleman of historical significance whilst watching my replays it isn't a problem.

*They aren't are they?*
11 Jan 2016, 23:54 PM

Brits are pretty clearly designed as a team-game faction. Their starts are pretty weak, their costs are high, and they can build defenses that reduce their field presence. These are all not good unless you have one or more teammates to pick up the pace. And as a reward, you get extremely good tanks at the end of your tech tree, to fight the Panthers that will undoubtedly be present in a larger team game.

If Relic wants them to function as a 1v1 faction, they've got a lot of adjusting to do.
11 Jan 2016, 23:56 PM

Provided the devs or balancers aren't actively masturbating over a picture of an Austrian gentleman of historical significance whilst watching my replays it isn't a problem.

How old did you say you were again o_O

It's nice to see you like challenge and I do enjoy Brits, but they can be very frustrating in 1v1 because they just don't have enough power and really rely on pay to win doctrines at the moment.
12 Jan 2016, 01:06 AM

They are so viable that no one wants to use them lol. I do remember a crap ton of people saying they are fine.

I thought balance was better then it's ever been? But the tourney was mostly OKW + SU....I don't know, seems worse now.
12 Jan 2016, 07:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jan 2016, 17:30 PMKatitof

No contradictions here my friend.

He still implies they are fine.
Everyone knows they aren't.

They are fine in the same measure as ostheer is fine, you smart ass.
I can state now that I played every single faction in coh2 (including brits) and I played all of them especially on 2v2 and a little on 1v1.

After 6 1v1s and around 15 2v2s AT with brits, I can't even begin to tell how easy felt when playing a 2v2 random with USF. All you need is blob and a decent micro.

Brits is hard as hell but doable.

And guess what, smart ass?! After my (around 20 games) experience with brits I inform you that I met to manny players that have absolutely no damn' clue about HOW to play them. As allied player, if I play 2v2 random and I get a brit partner, we almost certainly lose. If I am the brit, we will almost certainly win.

Brits is a deceiving faction, atracting you with all their cool features, doctrines and side upgrades, when, in fact, in order to win, you just need to pay attention to a few things:

1. Don't found your army on infantry, you will clearly lose, go on VEHICLES, that is Brits power. A vickers, a couple of tommyes a sniper and a squad of engies is all that you need.
2. No side upgrades, go straight on the teching tree, you don't realy need comets or churchills if you are not in a 3v3 or 4v4. Cromweels, Fireflys and Centaurs will do their job just fine.
3. Don't lose infantry squads in early game or is gg most of the times. You can lose them just fine in late game.
4. Pick a sturdy doctrine, like vanguard for instance it has incredibly good abilities and off maps.
5. Don't build ANY emplacements. Build them only if you desperately need them. No upgrades for AEC or for Bofors, that will be just a waste of resources.

There.

Now go there with your UP brits and see if you will still got beaten.

12 Jan 2016, 07:54 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jan 2016, 07:47 AMJohnnyB
5. Don't build ANY emplacements. Build them only if you desperately need them. No upgrades for AEC or for Bofors, that will be just a waste of resources.

And there was an another discussion on this forum about the Bofors being OP... :brad:
12 Jan 2016, 07:55 AM

And if requested, I can post some of my brit noob replays to prove what I just said.
12 Jan 2016, 07:56 AM

And there was an another discussion on this forum about the Bofors being OP... :brad:

Exactly! They are not OP at all. There are just people who don't know how to play against them.
12 Jan 2016, 08:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jan 2016, 07:55 AMJohnnyB
And if requested, I can post some of my brit noob replays to prove what I just said.

I d'like to see some if possible. I am in lack of inspiration with brits.

Kozo.
12 Jan 2016, 08:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jan 2016, 08:12 AMKozokus

Kozo.

Gladly. As soon as I get home, if you can wait for another 8-9 hours.
12 Jan 2016, 16:03 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Reminder that the first 10 games, the MM will put you against people who can barely use the mouse ;) I'll talk only after 15 or even 20 games when the ELO stabilizes a bit.

Emplacements are not bad on certain maps and positions (mostly talking about the mortar pit). Emplacement strat with stand fast can be a annoying to deal with if you have a lowlevel partner. Takes patience to deal with it.
12 Jan 2016, 16:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jan 2016, 08:12 AMKozokus

Kozo.

Here you are

1v1 game

2v2 game
12 Jan 2016, 16:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jan 2016, 16:29 PMJohnnyB

Here you are

1v1 game

2v2 game

:lolol:
14 Jan 2016, 13:31 PM

Here you are

1v1 game

2v2 game

Thx a lot going to watch that immediately :)

Kozo.
14 Jan 2016, 16:55 PM

Reminder that the first 10 games, the MM will put you against people who can barely use the mouse ;)

In my first 10 games with every faction... I got rekt by top 100 and even top 10 players. :*(
14 Jan 2016, 18:36 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

In my first 10 games with every faction... I got rekt by top 100 and even top 10 players. :*(

If you defeated any top200 then you probably were more or less close to your ELO. MM tends to put you way above your league early on. That's why you would see lots of people ranking high in their first 10 games.

Ex1: my first game as OKW was against Romeo. Manage to defeat him on Camping in the woods and after that it was all high ranked games.
Ex2: it takes on average 7 games on 2v2 AT till they put me up against someone below top500.
15 Jan 2016, 10:28 AM

1v1 game

I like your sense of squad preservation indeed ^^
That Luch chase was a pleasure to watch.

The plane strike was too much for him XD

Kozo.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight