Login

russian armor

A way to nerf calliope without overnerf

PAGES (7)down
12 Jan 2016, 12:17 PM

Why is there little relevance in his point? From what I gather it's because you say so?
12 Jan 2016, 12:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jan 2016, 11:37 AMKatitof
In return, both stuka and pwerfer one shot katy and pwerfer have a good chance to one shot priest and suxton.

Stuka does not one shot katy, it depends on AoE damage (close/mid/far) from where rocket landed aka RNG.

Nevertheless, my point no artillery in the game should be so ridiculous as calliope and werfer atm, calliope just bit more ridiculous coz it rapes werfers and destroys OKW trucks.
12 Jan 2016, 12:45 PM

OKW Stukas are rather pinpoint on target when I use them. Furthermore, OKW Stuka can destroy Major + Ambulance retreat point quite easily too, whilst wiping out any troops around it. It is just about waiting for the right moment to do it.

And there's the oblivious OST Stuka dive on retreat point too, which have been known to win games with one click.

I do not mind Allies having some doctorinal wipe stuff too for a change :)
12 Jan 2016, 14:29 PM

Permanently Banned
Just nerf it, i dont have this doc, so i dont see problem its be hard nerf or not :D.
12 Jan 2016, 14:36 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

This Critical cannot be repaired by repair critical because it's "catastrophic".
(This same change should be applied to all USF vehicles; repair critical shouldn't be able to fix "catastrophic" damage like destroyed engines or immobilization ,including ruptured rocket tubes.)

+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1
12 Jan 2016, 15:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jan 2016, 12:15 PMMyself

Most rocket artillery has low penetration but does deflection damage so the AT prowess is related mostly number of rockets that hit.

Most rocket artillery will kill each other with barrage so there little relevance in your second point...Calliope on the other hand, has good chance of surviving most barrages...

Again. Everyone just wants the hammer of nerf. Can you justify the extra 40 fuel compared to the next in line of 100 (Stuka)? That's a 40% hike increase. If Calliope gets nerfed, might as well nerf Stuka, panzerwerfer, and katyusha all to 140 fuel lol. Do you see how ludicrous that sounds? If something is going to cost 40% more, you should give it more of SOMETHING or bring it back in line with all other rocket artillery for the same cost. Panzerwerfer is the ONLY rocket artillery that suppresses. I propose ALL rocket artillery gets suppression. I don't see Axis players complaining about that? Nope, don't see it.
12 Jan 2016, 16:02 PM

Easy to solve move All OKW tracks into base sector
12 Jan 2016, 16:02 PM

Again. Everyone just wants the hammer of nerf...

Did you see any similar to hammer nerf suggestion in the post you quoted did you even see a nerf suggested in that quote?
That post was respond to post that made little sense and not a call for nerf...
PLS read understand and respond accordingly...
12 Jan 2016, 16:04 PM

I think the main question is "Why to pick Priest over Caliope"?
12 Jan 2016, 16:07 PM

Becose Caliope can remove all OKW tracks and blob into base sector Priest cant.
12 Jan 2016, 17:20 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I think the main question is "Why to pick Priest over Caliope"?

Principles of not going P2W :P
12 Jan 2016, 17:45 PM

Again. Everyone just wants the hammer of nerf. Can you justify the extra 40 fuel compared to the next in line of 100 (Stuka)? That's a 40% hike increase. If Calliope gets nerfed, might as well nerf Stuka, panzerwerfer, and katyusha all to 140 fuel lol. Do you see how ludicrous that sounds? If something is going to cost 40% more, you should give it more of SOMETHING or bring it back in line with all other rocket artillery for the same cost. Panzerwerfer is the ONLY rocket artillery that suppresses. I propose ALL rocket artillery gets suppression. I don't see Axis players complaining about that? Nope, don't see it.

Less health and add back main gun. :megusta:
12 Jan 2016, 19:24 PM

How about including tech cost? I mean in close games you wont call in more than 1 arty. Do the math how much 1 panzerwerfer costs and how much 1 calli costs :^)
12 Jan 2016, 19:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jan 2016, 16:02 PMMyself

Did you see any similar to hammer nerf suggestion in the post you quoted did you even see a nerf suggested in that quote?
That post was respond to post that made little sense and not a call for nerf...
PLS read understand and respond accordingly...

No, your reply is justifying why it should be nerfed. Why would you state calliope's survivability and nothing else? You do not state panzerwerfer, katyusha, stuka's differences in damage nor cost. You only compared survivability? why? because you're trying to make a point and it's a point that i'm POINTING out that not all sides are being taken.

I would rather hear proposed actions rather then just one-sided arguments.
My solution:
Nerf/buff all rocket artillery to be the same as Katyusha, cost/damage w/o suppression or buff and make it all the same as panzerwerfer with suppression and health. otherwise, 85/90/100/140 fuel cost differences JUSTIFIES differences.
12 Jan 2016, 19:42 PM

How about including tech cost? I mean in close games you wont call in more than 1 arty. Do the math how much 1 panzerwerfer costs and how much 1 calli costs :^)

What games are you talking about? 1v1? 2v2? 3v3+?

If I forsake T3 USF... I will effectively have NO mobile AT or armor on the field.
If I use all my fuel for T4 OST... I strategically open up oh... why Panther, and Panzerwerfer and the least used (brummbar). The most seen and used tank in late games... Panthers and the squadwiping Panzwerfer...

So from a strategy perspective, you'd be crippling your options skipping out on T3 USF and waiting for that 10 CP.

From a team game perspective, since i play big games, I played a 4v4 both AT. Close game... lost to panzerwerfer spam, stukas and rocket airstrike? whatever that global nuke ability is. And yes, it was a close game but I got squadwiped a lot more and my Katyusha would leave 1-2 models remaining before they retreated.

If you're talking 1v1, I have very little to no experience. If you want to walk that route it's like why is my Jackson M36 not stronger than a JT? JT is 280 fuel call in and Jackson requires T1 50 fuel, T3 120 fuel, Jackson 125 fuel. My Jackson costs 295 fuel but it's losing to a 280 fuel JT? They're both tank destroyers! Why? So no, do not bring in teching costs because this can go all day long. Katyusha is 85, Panzerwerfer is 85? Stuka is 100 because it also does pretty good vehicle damage. Calliope is 140... Make it's health weak as a Stuka then it also warrants a fuel decrease.
12 Jan 2016, 19:44 PM

My solution:
Nerf/buff all rocket artillery to be the same as Katyusha...

And do the same with all units and the rename the game from COH2 to Age of Empires II...

Actually if you where paying more attention you would had notice that there are thread about the weffer...
12 Jan 2016, 20:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jan 2016, 19:44 PMMyself

And do the same with all units and the rename the game from COH2 to Age of Empires II...

Actually if you where paying more attention you would had notice that there are thread about the weffer...

It doesn't matter whether there's a thread or not. The POINT is that a lot of players just want to nerf something without logical reasoning. They do not make comparisons and state only information that is convenient for the sake of his/her argument.

You also have NOT said anything productive nor presented any type of solution.

You don't want units to be the same as you JUST stated. Then you can also leave calliope alone because it's different. All you want is to nerf the calliope and leave the other rocket artillery alone. Fair? No, I think not.
12 Jan 2016, 21:08 PM

Relic: Ok, its alright dear children.

Just point on the minimap to where the Calliope touched your volkshrek bolb.
Oh, he shouldn't touch you there.

On a side note, all rocket artillery should be based around the katyushas level of balance.

And I think we're missing the real issue. Buff the damn sexton already ffs:(
12 Jan 2016, 21:28 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jan 2016, 19:44 PMMyself

Untrue. In AoE2, some factions would have units and their upgrades be unavailable or somewhat different than others'!
12 Jan 2016, 22:50 PM

... They do not make comparisons and state only information that is convenient for the sake of his/her argument.

PLS if you want to talk about what others do quote them and not me.

You also have NOT said anything productive nor presented any type of solution.

I have made suggestion you can look them up. If I have not said anything else productive is because I have to respond to your unproductive comments...PLS stop making this personal...

You don't want units to be the same as you JUST stated. Then you can also leave calliope alone because it's different. All you want is to nerf the calliope and leave the other rocket artillery alone. Fair? No, I think not.

PLS don't tell me want I want to do. Calliope might or might not overperform if it is overperforming it should be nerfed if it is not it should be left alone. Same goes for other artillery but by tying a nerf to one with the nerf to others, you simply confusing the issue.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS