Login

russian armor

Good alternatives to company of heroes 2?

29 Jan 2016, 17:43 PM

Like others have said, you want to pick up DOW2 with Elite mod. COH2 is just dow2 gameplay mechanics with WW2 re-skin. It has very little to do with actual combat.
5 Feb 2016, 18:22 PM

Hey anybody here try Grey Goo? Petroglyph just release a new faction update for free! Imagine Relic treats playerbase like these guys.
13 Feb 2016, 23:09 PM

- Grey Goo
- COH1
- R.U.S.E
- Chess
- Any DOW game (Dawn of War)
- Any C&C game
- Any Starcraft 2 type game (Can play for free, too)(Terrans only)
- Codename Panzer
- Battlefront Combat Mission
- Men of War : Any of them, but assault 2 is best.
- Advanced Squad Leader
- Axis n' Allies
20 Feb 2016, 19:11 PM

Wargame is very good. The mechanics of sight/recon/stealth are hard to learn since there is no FoW but its one of the most satisfying games once you get a grasp on it.
7 Jan 2017, 11:46 AM

Thank you for your suggestions.

About SC2:

I have played it with friends a little bit and i like it but find it way too stressful and hectic. I mean the game progresses so fast theres really no time to enjoy it, and because of that it feels you make your tactics beforehand rather than adapt to your opponent but i havent played the game enough to be sure.

About Supreme commander:

I have played only about 24 hours of supreme commander forged alliance, and i own SupremeC 2 too but havent played it much. I don't think they have that big or active community to get me interested at this point. (i mean if the servers are fan made its a pretty sure sign that it will die soon.)

Planetary annihilation:

Looks cool but not really the competitive edge im looking for.

Wargame:

Way too grand scale and complex for me, i own it but never really played it much. Didnt catch my interest.

Looks like theres nothing like CoH2 until DoW3 is released. I might try cosacks 3 just because it seems fun.
20 Jan 2017, 23:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jan 2016, 00:22 AMRappy

I would say, respectfully, that after only 100h of play you wouldn't be anywhere near the skill level where you would know whether or not the game is truly balanced.

He has no clue obviously.
21 Jan 2017, 00:17 AM

there is no alternative that is recent. after getting used to the cover and retreat system mechanics.

for instance star craft is either your unit pushes pay off or they dont.

other RTS try to be too realistic and take the fun out for the game eg MOW series.
21 Jan 2017, 00:53 AM
Donator 11

About Supreme commander:

I have played only about 24 hours of supreme commander forged alliance, and i own SupremeC 2 too but havent played it much. I don't think they have that big or active community to get me interested at this point. (i mean if the servers are fan made its a pretty sure sign that it will die soon.)

Actually, as strange as it sounds, the FAF playerbase increased quite nicely in 2016. Also, the plug on official servers has been pulled out quite a while ago and community supports the game by itself since 2012. I would say the name (forged alliance forever) is on point and it is far from going to die soon, if they managed to keep it up for such a long time and it's actually increasing.

There is for sure a lot of good time to be had both in CoH2 and SC:FA, especially for someone who spent only a little time in these games like you did.
21 Jan 2017, 03:25 AM
Master Mapmaker Badge

For those saying Planetary Annihilation, as far as I can see the game is just about dead... or am I mistaken?

I have it and it there never seems to be much going on with player base, or streams for that matter.
21 Jan 2017, 15:53 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

Supcom is going strong with the community behind it, I once in a while log on to have some really epic scale battles.
3 Feb 2017, 06:34 AM

\.

Relic-like rts are far in few between.

Most are awful.
4 Feb 2017, 12:30 PM

Sudden-Strike 4 = garbage
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L