Login

russian armor

Good alternatives to company of heroes 2?

12 Jan 2016, 13:19 PM

While waiting for epic Cossacks 3, try Cossacks 1. Amazing game :)
12 Jan 2016, 13:23 PM

12 Jan 2016, 13:34 PM

Check out Planetary Annihilation, its same as Supreme Commander, and same developers.

I've tried that but it didn't really interest me, doesn't have the same feel to it as Supreme commander
13 Jan 2016, 05:36 AM

Napolean: Total War- if you're into that era of battle.

Very well balanced factions with distinct play styles & units.

The campaign can be a bit tedious & the CPU AI is pretty dumb but when playing multiplayer the battles can be very entertaining.
aaa
13 Jan 2016, 06:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jan 2016, 23:07 PMNosliw
Company of Heroes 1

edit: also StarCraft 2 has biggest community and is arguably the game with the team most dedicated to balance

Dont know about current sc2 but First year of hots balance was awful. And they didnt do anything. There were build order loses to smth like 10pool - total coinflip. Is there a BO loses now?

I kind of dislike that they made so few changes to hots and sell it as a new game.

I preffer chess, to all games. But there are cheaters. Sometimes they cheat only in the critical positions, while making all other moves themselves.
13 Jan 2016, 06:23 AM

There is no alternative other than COH1 for Coh like game-play.

Thats why I am still here.
13 Jan 2016, 15:51 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

If you want a game that has coh gameplay or similar to it, then try DoW series, i believe dow2 is still played by a small margin of people.
13 Jan 2016, 16:46 PM

1. According to your play time, balance doesn't affect you, no offence. You should stick with CoH2 if you like the style/setting, you won't find it elsewere. Try to polish your gameplay :)
2. If you insist, and don't mind changing the setting to something futuristic, try Dawn of War II: Retribution, with the Elite Mod. Amazing competitive mod, with an equaly amazing mature community, regular balance updates, tournaments, etc The only drawback is that the game is relatively old, so the engine is a bit outdated mechanic wise, for example there isn't a 'reverse' command for vehicles, stuff like that.
3. Starcraft II is hard, but it has more players and therefore you are more likely to get matched to opponenets at your level.
13 Jan 2016, 20:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jan 2016, 06:06 AMaaa

Dont know about current sc2 but First year of hots balance was awful. And they didnt do anything. There were build order loses to smth like 10pool - total coinflip. Is there a BO loses now?

I kind of dislike that they made so few changes to hots and sell it as a new game.

I preffer chess, to all games. But there are cheaters. Sometimes they cheat only in the critical positions, while making all other moves themselves.

David Kim was completely high on something while making some of the balance changes to the game at the time but I think he have lowered the amount of Protoss he infuses in himself now OpieOP
13 Jan 2016, 20:43 PM

Like Necrophagist said (Yes I recognise you from Indrid casts) try Elite mod. They have recently introduced an automated custom Elite mod ladder system for competitive play (plus it has maps made by me :snfPeter: )
13 Jan 2016, 21:12 PM

I would say that the Faces of War/Men of War series can be an alternative to COH. It is way more realistic and has an interesting gameplay. But that gameplay is definitely not suitable for the mutliplayer because it is very slow which makes the games very boring. And I think it's a big problem for an STR since playing against other player is the essence of strategy games for me.

I also used to play Starcraft II a lot (only 1v1 as Terran) but I never experienced the same epicness I feel on COH, even if it is a very good game indeed. Also the gameplay is completly different.

Even if I was disapointed by COH 2 I think there are no alternative to its excellent gameplay (not to mention the backround that I like very much, but that's personal).

EDIT : FoW/Mow series is also set during the WW2 which is another big common point with COH.
13 Jan 2016, 21:13 PM

1. According to your play time, balance doesn't affect you, no offence. You should stick with CoH2 if you like the style/setting, you won't find it elsewere. Try to polish your gameplay :)
2. If you insist, and don't mind changing the setting to something futuristic, try Dawn of War II: Retribution, with the Elite Mod. Amazing competitive mod, with an equaly amazing mature community, regular balance updates, tournaments, etc The only drawback is that the game is relatively old, so the engine is a bit outdated mechanic wise, for example there isn't a 'reverse' command for vehicles, stuff like that.
3. Starcraft II is hard, but it has more players and therefore you are more likely to get matched to opponenets at your level.

Ive already played Dow retribution quite a bit.
14 Jan 2016, 12:22 PM

But have you tried Elite mod?
14 Jan 2016, 12:36 PM

Okay so ive been playing 100h of CoH2 and i kinda like it but since the balance is so poor i was wondering if there are multiplayer rts games with good and active community and enough players that would be actually good?

100h is where i stop playing..then i come back n finish at 2k hour now..so hope to see u again..

PS: i come back cause i dint find any game that can replace COH2..even with the bug n Worst nerf..what make it fun is WW2 with RTS element..
14 Jan 2016, 12:53 PM

While waiting for epic Cossacks 3, try Cossacks 1. Amazing game :)

Whaaaaaaat Cossacks is coming back?! Woop Woop! Do we have a release Date ?
14 Jan 2016, 13:07 PM

Whaaaaaaat Cossacks is coming back?! Woop Woop! Do we have a release Date ?

Not yet. Probably march.
It will be based on cossacks 1 rather than shitty 2.

14 Jan 2016, 15:49 PM

Permanently Banned
Cossacks 1 the best and American Conquest (the main problem that game was to early for there time imo).
16 Jan 2016, 06:47 AM

Still on Early Access but this could be something ? http://www.ashesofthesingularity.com/
17 Jan 2016, 23:21 PM
Patrion 310

Free-to-play Total War: Arena

It's like a medieval version of COH: Online that combine the MMO research progression system from World of Tanks.. The Relic free-to-play MMO-RTS/RTT that was cancelled due to THQ bankruptcy and COH2. Also TW: Arena is designed for ESL and team oriented gameplay.

From latest ESL event in NA:
Total War: ARENA - ESL Studios

The community manager and caster, CA_dogbert is also a former COH1 fan and pro-gamer. Besides RTS, I have been playing MMOs for over 10 years. The core design and gameplay is perfect for those that like to mix both MMO and RTS/RTT into one game.
18 Jan 2016, 00:09 AM

Men of war? Didnt like it myself but its also a ww2 rts
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 41
Germany 746
unknown 6

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L