Login

russian armor

Good alternatives to company of heroes 2?

10 Jan 2016, 22:35 PM

Okay so ive been playing 100h of CoH2 and i kinda like it but since the balance is so poor i was wondering if there are multiplayer rts games with good and active community and enough players that would be actually good?
10 Jan 2016, 22:40 PM

there was World in Conflict but Ubisoft pulled the plug on its MP services...so theres not much left of good balanced games im afraid
10 Jan 2016, 23:07 PM

Company of Heroes 1

edit: also StarCraft 2 has biggest community and is arguably the game with the team most dedicated to balance
10 Jan 2016, 23:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jan 2016, 23:07 PMNosliw
Company of Heroes 1

edit: also StarCraft 2 has biggest community and is arguably the game with the team most dedicated to balance

Thank you, didnt think of starcract, ill look into it.
10 Jan 2016, 23:39 PM

according to the people in this forum, there must be an endless ocean of "much better alternatives" than this game.

tell me when you found it
10 Jan 2016, 23:46 PM
Donator 22

For WWII RTS, there's:

Men of War Assault Squad
Blitzkrieg 3
11 Jan 2016, 00:22 AM

Okay so ive been playing 100h of CoH2 and i kinda like it but since the balance is so poor i was wondering if there are multiplayer rts games with good and active community and enough players that would be actually good?

I would say, respectfully, that after only 100h of play you wouldn't be anywhere near the skill level where you would know whether or not the game is truly balanced.
11 Jan 2016, 09:49 AM

MOW is the only game really comparable to coh2, but if you're looking for a better and more balanced RTS game i have to suggest StarCraft 2, it's currently being balanced because of the new expansion pack but it should be fine in a few months

But I gotta throw the Supreme Commander card here, still my favourite RTS game ever but the multiplayer died :(

But right now, CoH2 is the best WWII RTS game there is
11 Jan 2016, 10:00 AM

Balance is not poor, true it has some issues but in fact this game is the most balanced it has ever been.
As for other alternatives there isin't any, coh2 is a unique genre imo BEST GAME EVER
11 Jan 2016, 10:12 AM

Hello.

I am afraid that nothing is like COH2 (maybe COH1 and DOW2)
As for RTS, SC2 is here but is very demanding.
Planetary Anihilation : Titans, is for thoses who like supreme balance (and macro). No game is balanced like PAT. (One race and a thousand way to play it, no RNG at all, it is basically a chessgame with fog of war)
No wonders why COH2 is N°1 steam RTS.

Kozo.
11 Jan 2016, 22:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jan 2016, 00:22 AMRappy

I would say, respectfully, that after only 100h of play you wouldn't be anywhere near the skill level where you would know whether or not the game is truly balanced.

So how much gametime do you need then? Do professional and unprofessional reviewers take hundreds of hours of time on this game or do you know better?
11 Jan 2016, 22:45 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jan 2016, 09:49 AMPlaguer

But I gotta throw the Supreme Commander card here, still my favourite RTS game ever but the multiplayer died :(

It didnt, or to be precise it has been resurected. Check out this site: http://www.faforever.com/ community is still quite active there and game ballance, mods, maps and AI are still being developed by community. It is going less and less popular sadly but its definitely not dead. And yeah, it is also my favourite game after coh2 and maybe coh.

You can also get some casts to watch on facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ForgedAllianceForever/?fref=nf
AVA
11 Jan 2016, 23:32 PM

Probably starcraft, but it won't get any new expansions anymore. And to get "into" starcraft and be good at it, will take a long time. So it's a good RTS to get into if you're looking for a balanced & competitive game.

Build orders, Timing, reacting, micro/macro & scouting is crucial.
11 Jan 2016, 23:43 PM

So how much gametime do you need then? Do professional and unprofessional reviewers take hundreds of hours of time on this game or do you know better?

You should play at the very least 800 hrs of multiplayer gameplay to actually understand fully what doesent work and what does with the game.
AVA
12 Jan 2016, 00:21 AM

You need atleast 1000-2000 hours of 1v1's to understand timings/scoutings and reaction. And usually after those hours of playing, you only understand how to play 1 race from the 3 as they're completely different from each other.

Starcraft 2 is not a forgiving game like COH2. Timing is crucial and every second counts. If you make a crucial building a few seconds to late, it might have decided whether you won or loss already.

I play starcraft 2 since the beginning (wings of liberty) and am still an active player. Currently high masters, and even I don't know 'everything' :p
12 Jan 2016, 11:28 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

Text...

Supcom is still alive, have you stumbled across Faforever ?

I really liked supcom aswell, i played it quite a bit.

EDIT: oh i didnt see that Fewiner already mentioned it.
12 Jan 2016, 12:22 PM
Patrion 14

I love COH 1 and 2. I think that all the things, that had been added after release is great. I think that COH 2 suffers of being released, when its was not ready.
I think relic should make only 4 factions and then use the time to balance it out, and make more maps. Also optimisme the game, for low end computer. Then they could earn money by releasing commanders!... There isn't so many RTS games out there, so they are in a uniq situation.
100 hours is nothing, if you play 1 vs 1 see steams and lean to adapt you strategis..
12 Jan 2016, 12:34 PM

MOW is the only game really comparable to coh2, but if you're looking for a better and more balanced RTS game i have to suggest StarCraft 2, it's currently being balanced because of the new expansion pack but it should be fine in a few months

But right now, CoH2 is the best WWII RTS game there is

Check out Planetary Annihilation, its same as Supreme Commander, and same developers.
12 Jan 2016, 13:07 PM

The research tree from Suprem commander is something i really liked and didnt found its way on PlanetaryAnihilation. Still a very good game. quite the opposite of COH2 in term of gameplay.
12 Jan 2016, 13:17 PM

Play AoE2 or any other game with pretty mirrored factions. When you will lose you'll know it's not because of balance but because of your bad skill. If balance is so bad take the strongest on your opinion faction and get to TOP10
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 11
unknown 3
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak