Login

russian armor

Panzerfussiliers

26 Dec 2015, 13:13 PM

I have a feeling that small adjustment is needed for them. They are way to easy to spam, and they are very powerful for the price.
The closest allied inf are Guards I guess.

Fussiliers:
MP: 290
Pop cap: 6
Reinforce: 24

Guards:
MP: 330
Pop cap: 8
Reinforce 27

They share pop cap with Conscripts despite being elite infantry, with low pop cap and great for long/mid/close combat with G43 upgrade which is not a big deal with 100% ammo.

I'd suggest to raise price to 320-350 and pop cap to 8-9.

They are too easy to spam, blob and in fact you need nothing else to fight infantry since they are good at all ranges.
26 Dec 2015, 13:16 PM
Patrion 14

I'm an allied fanboy, but these things are beasts when vet 5. I'm always suprised how much they can take when I manage to get one to vet 5.

Not sure if they're OP though, but maby the reinforce cost is too cheap?
26 Dec 2015, 13:24 PM

Their stats and abilities aren't really "elite" level like obers shocks or paratroopers, they are just really affordable and spammable. They are pretty comparable to riflemen, losing when equal vet and unupgraded but winning with g43s.

I don't really think they are as Big an issue as you are making them to be, though they are certainly worth the affordable manpower investment. A pop cap raise to 7 or 8 would be ok, but other then that would be too much.

26 Dec 2015, 14:19 PM

They are not elite infantry stats wise. Better compare them to rifleman. Their rifles do 8 damage. Like rifleman and their g43 upgrade is close mid, just like the bar. They were fine since release and they remain fine.

Also according to coh2chart.com 1vs1 & 2vs2 seems balanced, fixes have to subtle from now on.

If they are easy to spam, so are rifleman & sections. Panzerfusiliers function as main line infantry. They still lose to elite infantry like shock troops (which don't need a muni upgrade to perform well, unlike Rangers e.g)
26 Dec 2015, 14:44 PM

I disagree I think they are fine and guards come in with weapons already, fusiliers do not. And as acht said it's not much different from spamming volks or rifles or w/e and they still lose to shocks hands down, so I don't think a price increase is warranted.

Pop cap is a different story though,it should probably be 8.

26 Dec 2015, 14:55 PM
Patrion 14

Fusiliers are probadly fine imo as well. Though they haven't changed the veterancy bonuses for them, so they're still the old vet 5 "resource starved" system. So they deal more damage then the basic infantry when vetted.

Correct me if I'm wrong, not seeing it in the patch notes.

http://www.companyofheroes.com/blog/2015/11/27/coh2-december-update
26 Dec 2015, 15:20 PM

Permanently Banned
+ 1 to thread and dont need forget about OKW MP float.
26 Dec 2015, 15:25 PM

Keep in mind sturmofficer who makes them like elite.

Plus Guards are elite yet they are quite equal.
In that case it might be problem with Guards which don't feel "elite"

What's more, fussilier can shoot on move, they don't drop weapons which is big deal, great vet 5 and in fact they don't have weak points. Good at all ranges, shoot on move, nades, flares, snares etc
26 Dec 2015, 16:08 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Keep in mind sturmofficer who makes them like elite.

Plus Guards are elite yet they are quite equal.
In that case it might be problem with Guards which don't feel "elite"

What's more, fussilier can shoot on move, they don't drop weapons which is big deal, great vet 5 and in fact they don't have weak points. Good at all ranges, shoot on move, nades, flares, snares etc

Guards are still way sicker. They are fine
26 Dec 2015, 16:38 PM

This guys are half elite, just like paratroopers and rangers without upgrades. They are fine as it is.
26 Dec 2015, 16:42 PM

This unit is a no-brainer to me, unless there is something specific I want to use from some other commander or I want to mix things up so it doesn't get boring spamming the same things game after game. They're like Volks with an anti-infantry lean instead of AT, cheap, good at everything, easy to vet.
26 Dec 2015, 16:54 PM

The closest allied inf are Guards I guess.
They have little or no resemblance to Guards.
Guards come with bolt action rifle and AT weapons suitable for mid to long combat and can be upgrade with LMGs suitable for Long combat.

fusiliers come with bolt action rifles suitable for long to mid combat and can be upgraded with semi automatic rifles suitable for close to mid.

The doctrinal officer is actually unrelated to the overall balance of the unit itself.
26 Dec 2015, 17:56 PM

Oh, I never clamied they are OP.
They are just bit to cheap for what they do.
Pop cap on the same level as Cons or reinforce lower than Rifles or Guards.

I just said, they need small changes, like 8 pop cap or higher reinforce cost.
26 Dec 2015, 18:00 PM

These guys need a minor increase to pop/cost, if that, and nothing more.

26 Dec 2015, 18:59 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

These guys need a minor increase to pop/cost, if that, and nothing more.

+1
On the other hand, fix AT nades.
26 Dec 2015, 19:28 PM

They are spammed because volks loose to late allied infantry and obers are unacesible and okw lack indoctrinal mg.

26 Dec 2015, 19:37 PM

Pretty sure they're seven popcap.
26 Dec 2015, 20:06 PM

They are spammed because obers are unacesible .

Are they? I build the Schweres HQ almost every game. And floating 400mp is pretty common as OKW. So if I wanted I could build Obersoldaten in almost every game I play (2v2 player mostly).
26 Dec 2015, 20:13 PM

Panzerfusiliers are really only that bad vs USF, because you need LT tier tech to counter them. Sure, this is balanced, but the struggle comes when someone goes mech and goes luches with Panzerfusiliers. Still, just because Soviets and UKF can easily counter them doesn't mean that the unit isn't over performing for cost.

Proposed Nerf:

56 per model (28 reinforce) 10 damage, G43 upgrade 120 muni. Increase popcap to 8.
26 Dec 2015, 20:23 PM

Permanently Banned
They are spammed because volks loose to late allied infantry and obers are unacesible and okw lack indoctrinal mg.

Wow, what, folks lose late allied infatry ? You mean cons ? :D
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS