Login

russian armor

t34 76 now useless

PAGES (12)down
23 Dec 2015, 01:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Dec 2015, 16:17 PMaaa
Game is dead. they arent going to support it and players arent going to play it.
Ah, the good old: "I don´t like the game. Thus the game is dead.". One of my favorites next to classics like: "I´m going to leave the game for good, if the desired change doesn´t happen."
23 Dec 2015, 01:14 AM

Ah, the good old: "I don´t like the game. Thus the game is dead.". One of my favorites next to classics like: "I´m going to leave the game for good, if the desired change doesn´t happen."

If aaa were to leave this game for good, it'd be an improvement :romeoMug:
23 Dec 2015, 01:35 AM

The T-34/76 is from 1943, when CoH2 was originally set in 1943-1944; before expansions moved it to 1944-1945.

haha where did you get your information dude the t34 76 started in same time as the kv1 and the kv2 it were the first tank encounter when germany attacked the soviet union so it was in 1941. Look everywhere so dont correct people with false information thx... btw t34 was inkillable and devastating in the first month ou the barbarossa assault it was performing really great and was making german freak, they were able to pierce there armor at maximum 30 m so when they were able to destroy it it was too late they were swarmed. and just a fact like that is2 was made to counter tigers, panthers and king tiger that why its nickname animal hunter it could pierce front armor of a king tiger at 800 m and the kig was able to pierce the front armor of is2 at 500 m so i dont understand why in the game its good ai and soso at. was just fact like that
23 Dec 2015, 02:07 AM

T-34-76 model 1940

T-34-76 model 1943

T-34-76 did not play a bigger role in 1941. It was hard to penetrate but had many issues.

ISU-152 was called animal hunter (zveroboy) not IS-2.

IS-2 was designed as a breakthrough tank to clear fortifications not to hunt tanks and counter Tigers.
23 Dec 2015, 02:41 AM
Senior Caster Badge
Patrion 39

The decrease in fuel cost didn't really do much. At that point in the game I find I'm often short on manpower rather than fuel. Something does need to be done, to soviet T4 in general. It may be expensive but at least when Ostheer get to T4 their units are worthwhile
23 Dec 2015, 03:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Dec 2015, 01:35 AMKranox
haha where did you get your information dude the t34 76 started in same time as the kv1 and the kv2 it were the first tank encounter when germany attacked the soviet union so it was in 1941. Look everywhere so dont correct people with false information thx.

You're on the internet, go look it up. The T-34-85 was first used in 1944. And again, the early model T-34/76 was not the same as the 1943 model T-34/76. Stop acting like the T-34/76 wasn't used in 1943, it was the mainstay of Soviet Armour. And yes, it was inadequate, that's entirely why the T-34-85 and IS-2 were made.

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Dec 2015, 01:35 AMKranox
btw t34 was inkillable and devastating in the first month ou the barbarossa assault it was performing really great and was making german freak, they were able to pierce there armor at maximum 30 m so when they were able to destroy it it was too late they were swarmed.

And in 1941 the half of German Tanks were the Panzer I and Panzer II, and the Panzer IV was an infantry support tank. The standard tank-fighter was the Panzer III armed with a 37mm or 50mm gun. This is a far cry from the Panzer IV tanks armed with 76mm long guns, which could kill the T-34.
23 Dec 2015, 03:07 AM

I think it could just use a simple MG buff like in MirageFla's balance mod.

It drops the RNG on it significantly when dealing with infantry and maintains the status-quo when dealing with opposing armour.
23 Dec 2015, 03:43 AM

What if it was moved to T3 and the gun was redesigned to be more like the Puma's gun? High close range penetration with poor long range, and 120 damage. Not the extra range though, since it still has higher durability and is bullet-proof.
23 Dec 2015, 04:43 AM

the strength of the t34 is in its numbers, unlike any other medium tank. it is by far the easiest medium to amass. if you skip building any t3 units, and go straight to t4, you can get your t34s around the same time as enemy mediums, except for the fact youll be able to amass more armor than they can. youll always want to 2v1 enemy tanks, and if you trade a t34 for a panzer4, then its worth it. a okw panzer4 costs almost twice as much fuel as a t34 does. youll be able to continue amassing t34s, and your infantry wont have to worry about enemy armor. panthers usually you need to 3v1 them. if you get rear armor hits, itll go down very quickly.

but lemon, t34 cant penetrate for shit.
yes, this is true. its penetration is quite awful, thats why you need to ALL IN with your tanks. this is the scary part of using t34s. if your opponent mined the approach or has like 3 paks just chillin fog of war, things can go very poorly. however, if you have 3 tanks you can often just rush in to enemy armor to get point blank and rear armor hits. it does require some micro, so the faint of skill really shouldnt try this.

but what about shreks? well the thing is even 3 shreks will only bring a t34 down to half or so hp. and you have multiple t34s. NEVER EVER send in a t34 alone because its just food. if you have multiple, you can all in, decisively trade 1 or 2 t34s for an enemy tank, maybe crush some infantry along the way, and back out.

the best doctrines for this imo is the ones with guards, mark target, or IL2 bombing run. i believe there is one that has all 3. guards to help sustain your mid game infantry power and overwhelm axis infantry, mark target to help you quickly kill heavier armor, and bombing run to clear out pak walls or enemy trucks/fortifications as you charge forward.

as i said before, the scariest part and the one people dont understand is that you have to dive with the t34s. you cant just poke around like you do with panzer4s. you go all in, kill their armor, and run back out. trading is necessary and it WILL happen. however it is much more important to stop axis from acquiring a critical mass of armor, so the trades will be worth it.
23 Dec 2015, 04:46 AM
Patrion 14

T34/76 has been garbage since release. Anyone remember when you would spam them ***just to ram them***?

I agree with making 85s nondoctrinal, though I'm not sure I want 76s available as a call in, especially as cheap as 450/150; that could easily be spamme.
23 Dec 2015, 05:01 AM

Guys, stop using historical examples. This is absolutely absurd, while in the game has a bunch of grenades, which can not even scratch the light tank. Or Molotov cocktails, also useless against vehicles. Or that the 30 ton tank can crush a car weighing less than a ton. Or with homing anti-tank grenades. And etc, and enc...

Your "arguments" absolutely ridiculous.
23 Dec 2015, 05:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Dec 2015, 05:01 AMTAKTCOM
Your "arguments" absolutely ridiculous.

Why can't you people accept reality, that the T-34-85 wasn't the mainstay of Soviet Forces in 1943. Google it right now, you'll find out you are wrong. It was introduced into front line service in early 1944 and didn't begin to outnumber the T-34/76 until mid-1944.
23 Dec 2015, 05:57 AM

T-34-76 model 1940

T-34-76 model 1943

T-34-76 did not play a bigger role in 1941. It was hard to penetrate but had many issues.

The problem is that from the standpoint the game is the same tank with the same armor, weapons and speed.
If you want improved T-34-76, here they are
T-34-57

T-34-76 with additional armor

the strength of the t34 is in its numbers, unlike any other medium tank. it is by far the easiest medium to amass.

So that's the reason that we see flocks of T-34-76 in every battle! But, wait, we do not see the T-34-76 in the game at all. Answer: you can not massa tank for 310 MP. Surprise!

Why can't you people accept reality, that the T-34-85 wasn't the mainstay of Soviet Forces in 1943. Google it right now, you'll find out you are wrong. It was introduced into front line service in early 1944 and didn't begin to outnumber the T-34/76 until mid-1944.

That's what I'm talking about. You use STG.44, panzerschreck and other junk and then this army 44 years. Or do not use, and then it's the army for 43 years. No such garbage as the army 43-44 years. Or 43. Or 44.
If use your own logic, the Soviet army is 1917-1944:welcome:
23 Dec 2015, 06:23 AM

The /76 is a worthless garbage manpower sink, by the time you tech to it Ost has their PIV out and OKW schreck blob has reached critical mass to alpha strike your 340MP/80F trash can.

It used to be worth investing into when it arrived 4+ minutes earlier than it does now since you could take advantage of its shock value and it would scale it into a semi-useful flanking tank/meatshield support for your high value call-ins. Now it's just a forgotten, unusuable piece of shit like Penals, Conscript PTRS/SMGs, and Katyushas.
23 Dec 2015, 06:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Dec 2015, 14:12 PMAradan
Relic give Soviets T-34/76 from year 1941, to fight versus late war tanks from 1944.

For soviets, technology wasn't a problem. They compensated with numbers.
Balancewise, the '76s are quite bad, had to admit.
23 Dec 2015, 06:40 AM

the strength of the t34 is in its numbers, unlike any other medium tank. it is by far the easiest medium to amass. if you skip building any t3 units, and go straight to t4, you can get your t34s around the same time as enemy mediums, except for the fact youll be able to amass more armor than they can. youll always want to 2v1 enemy tanks, and if you trade a t34 for a panzer4, then its worth it. a okw panzer4 costs almost twice as much fuel as a t34 does. youll be able to continue amassing t34s, and your infantry wont have to worry about enemy armor. panthers usually you need to 3v1 them. if you get rear armor hits, itll go down very quickly.

yes, this is true. its penetration is quite awful, thats why you need to ALL IN with your tanks. this is the scary part of using t34s. if your opponent mined the approach or has like 3 paks just chillin fog of war, things can go very poorly. however, if you have 3 tanks you can often just rush in to enemy armor to get point blank and rear armor hits. it does require some micro, so the faint of skill really shouldnt try this.

but what about shreks? well the thing is even 3 shreks will only bring a t34 down to half or so hp. and you have multiple t34s. NEVER EVER send in a t34 alone because its just food. if you have multiple, you can all in, decisively trade 1 or 2 t34s for an enemy tank, maybe crush some infantry along the way, and back out.

the best doctrines for this imo is the ones with guards, mark target, or IL2 bombing run. i believe there is one that has all 3. guards to help sustain your mid game infantry power and overwhelm axis infantry, mark target to help you quickly kill heavier armor, and bombing run to clear out pak walls or enemy trucks/fortifications as you charge forward.

as i said before, the scariest part and the one people dont understand is that you have to dive with the t34s. you cant just poke around like you do with panzer4s. you go all in, kill their armor, and run back out. trading is necessary and it WILL happen. however it is much more important to stop axis from acquiring a critical mass of armor, so the trades will be worth it.

That's exactly the way I was using them before the big soviet revamp. Being in T3 they came right in time to catch your enemy off guard if you rushed to build them. But didn't use them since then. Maybe I will give it a try again, old style like this? Sounds interesting, especialy if you said it is achievable.
A question arise though: by the time they come, aren't going to be alot of axis units on the field with pretty high experience? The strength of T34 in the past was that it came pretty soon and you had time to vet it. Now, it comes vanilla in a world of pain, populated with 2 stars stugs, maybe 3 stars pzgrenadiers, volks or so.
23 Dec 2015, 07:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Dec 2015, 05:57 AMTAKTCOM

So that's the reason that we see flocks of T-34-76 in every battle! But, wait, we do not see the T-34-76 in the game at all. Answer: you can not massa tank for 310 MP. Surprise!

you actually can, obviously the key is to minimize bleed through various methods so you have a fairly healthy pool of manpower. the easiest way to start is to always use conscripts to merge instead of manually reinforcing. the one time i played against t34 76 spam was against a pretty competent player and i actually had no solution to them once they hit critical mass. i think most palyers dont use this strategy because 1. they already have bias AGAINST the t34, and 2. players dont like to all-in tanks, and instead prefer to poke around and try to keep them alive.

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Dec 2015, 06:40 AMJohnnyB

That's exactly the way I was using them before the big soviet revamp. Being in T3 they came right in time to catch your enemy off guard if you rushed to build them. But didn't use them since then. Maybe I will give it a try again, old style like this? Sounds interesting, especialy if you said it is achievable.
A question arise though: by the time they come, aren't going to be alot of axis units on the field with pretty high experience? The strength of T34 in the past was that it came pretty soon and you had time to vet it. Now, it comes vanilla in a world of pain, populated with 2 stars stugs, maybe 3 stars pzgrenadiers, volks or so.

what are the stugs gonna be vet 2 off of? in any case 2 t3476s will easily smash any ostheer medium, it only takes 2 penetrations from each tank to kill one. the primary use of the t34s will be to quickly snag enemy armor kills. fighting infantry can be dangerous because you could get snared and killed by an AT gun, not to mention the accuracy on the good is kinda poor so itll take multiple shots to land a hit. the best way to kill infantry is if you fire en masse or just run them over.
23 Dec 2015, 08:10 AM

you actually can, obviously the key is to minimize bleed through various methods so you have a fairly healthy pool of manpower. the easiest way to start is to always use conscripts to merge instead of manually reinforcing. the one time i played against t34 76 spam was against a pretty competent player and i actually had no solution to them once they hit critical mass. i think most palyers dont use this strategy because 1. they already have bias AGAINST the t34, and 2. players dont like to all-in tanks, and instead prefer to poke around and try to keep them alive.

what are the stugs gonna be vet 2 off of? in any case 2 t3476s will easily smash any ostheer medium, it only takes 2 penetrations from each tank to kill one. the primary use of the t34s will be to quickly snag enemy armor kills. fighting infantry can be dangerous because you could get snared and killed by an AT gun, not to mention the accuracy on the good is kinda poor so itll take multiple shots to land a hit. the best way to kill infantry is if you fire en masse or just run them over.

Poking my head in here - conscripts are 20 to reinforce; weapon teams are 15; the only way you can save MP is to merge into engis, penals, or guards, otherwise you suffer the received accuracy penalties for shocks. Unless I'm misunderstanding something?
23 Dec 2015, 08:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Dec 2015, 08:10 AMtengen

Poking my head in here - conscripts are 20 to reinforce; weapon teams are 15; the only way you can save MP is to merge into engis, penals, or guards, otherwise you suffer the received accuracy penalties for shocks. Unless I'm misunderstanding something?

yeah i meant reinforcing your other infantry squads, particularly guards.
23 Dec 2015, 08:30 AM

I have to disagree with that

the T34-76 is never cost effective at all neither to mass them nor to trade them for a single P4,its always better building an SU-85 and counter pretty much every tank except heavys,the T-34-76 costs too much mp which results in mp bleed and also comes very late,its never a good investment to buy something thats outdated the moment it arrives (unlike before)

its low stats never make it effective at normal tank engagements which results to even more poor performance when it shouldnt(like poor accuracy trying to hit the rear amor)

Whats worse is its ability to ram is also really bad,you sacrifice your t-34 just to stun the enemys vehicles/tanks!!(it could ba a great tool for late game nope...)

also cause it lacks firepower or any good trait to make it unique(being cheap isnt one of them)makes the tank lackluster

i mean why would you build 3 of them when they do nothing(can hardly fight infantry)or(tanks) they are like tank destroyers then only more unreliable at what they do and not cost effective.

some small buffs are neaded,its arrival would be best since it was hit hard when it was placed on T4 which now requires T3 to be build.

Everything the T-34-76 does the entire T3 roster does it even better,cheaper and comes faster(unlike our T-34 friend)

AND if by any chance you need medium tanks then most people would go for the 85 version since its an upgunned 76 one on every stat

the 76 needs a unique trait that makes it viable and unique or small buffs to make it atleast somewhat good at something.
PAGES (12)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS