Login

russian armor

Infantry Sections Dropping Brens

13 Dec 2015, 21:07 PM
Senior Caster Badge
Patrion 39

Basically Infantry sections drop brens, even when they are only carrying 1 weapon and there are still 2 squad members left. I am not aware of any other squads dropping weapons when they still have enough squad members alive to carry them.

I am not sure if this also applies to Infantry sections dropping other weapons too, I never get piats and I haven't used the tank hunter Infantry sections.

I have included a replay and the times that it happens so you can see.

19:45 an infantry section going from 3 to 2 men with only 1 weapon drops a Bren

30:45 an infantry section going from 4 to 2 men with only 1 weapon drops a Bren. The 2 man squad picks up the dropped bren and it disappears. Picked up message shows but the weapon is not on the squad.

replay:
http://www.coh2.org/replay/46258/bren-drop-bug
13 Dec 2015, 21:11 PM

I'm almost certain that yesterday my IS, with 2x Brens, dropped 1 Bren when 3rd model died.
13 Dec 2015, 21:26 PM

It's because Relic messed up in a weird way. At Vet 3, Infantry Sections get Scoped Enfields which are better than their normal Enfields, but even though they have a slot size of 0, they're still slotted weapons. Slotted weapons are passed down to the next model when the user is killed, and if there are no free models, there's a chance for it to drop instead.

Now the problem is, since the Scoped Enfield are also slotted weapons with a slot size of 1, a 4-man Infantry Section at Vet 3 will have 2 slotted weapons even without a Bren. If you have 2 Brens on that squad, every model has a slotted weapon, so when the Bren user dies it'll roll for a drop.

Easiest solution would probably be to removed the special Scoped Enfields they gain at Vet 3.
13 Dec 2015, 21:26 PM
Donator 11

Its a known issue. At vet3 they get two non droppable weapons, scoped rifles. That means they dont have enough squad members to carry droppable weapons like brens and they drop them like crazy when loosing 3rd and 4th model. I came to the conclusion its better to give them no weapons but keep them longer on the field than retreating them after one member dies not to hand additional lmgs to grens and volks. That said you should build sappers as your epic lmg blob instead of additional IS. Especially as in cover brens of sappers and IS perform almost the same way while out of cover IS brens are much worse.
13 Dec 2015, 21:27 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Probably due to the Scope Lee Enfields that take up a slot. Even if the item takes up a slot item and is valued at 0, models won't switch to something like an LMG if they are already holding something that isn't their primary.

This is currently an issue with my Competitive mod where Penals get PPsh-41s which are slot items and they occasionally can't use their flamethrower/ drop-it when they go below 4 men.
13 Dec 2015, 21:33 PM

I don't quite remember how this works (please tell me if you know :P) but once you give a squad a weapon upgrade (like the scoped lee-enfield), any weapons that go into their weapon slots will have a chance to drop.

This is also why Guards Rifle will drop their dp-28's (they use weapon slots), but not their ptrs rifles (considered a weapon upgrade).

Edit: Nvm, ignore that last part. :P I just checked and it isn't like that.
Edit 2: What the previous three posts said makes sense. Just ignore this one.:oops:

ferwiner wrote:
Actually guards have 4 slots and 4 weapons in these slots. What they drop depends on what was the model that just died holding.

You're right. For some reason I thought PTRSs worked like G43s and the scoped lee-enfields.
13 Dec 2015, 21:36 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2015, 21:33 PMhhhhh
I don't quite remember how this works (please tell me if you know :P) but once you give a squad a weapon upgrade (like the scoped lee-einfield), any weapons that go into their weapon slots will have a chance to drop.

This is also why Guards Rifle will drop their dp-28's (they use weapon slots), but not their ptrs rifles (considered a weapon upgrade).

Actually guards have 4 slots and 4 weapons in these slots. What they drop depends on what was the model that just died holding.
13 Dec 2015, 22:01 PM
Senior Caster Badge
Patrion 39

I didn't know that about their scoped Enfields. Seems like a handicap if they are going to piñata the brens.
13 Dec 2015, 22:10 PM

I hate to sound like and idiot with unbelievable stories, but i had game where my 3 or 4 man IS without vet 3(!!!) armed with only 1(!!!) bren dropped it when they lost one model while being garrisoning a house (!!!).

Believe you me or not, that could happens.

Reasons? I bet even relic don't know.
13 Dec 2015, 22:12 PM

Guards had this problem too, still have it, Drop dps like madmen
13 Dec 2015, 23:38 PM

Do you remember ol' good times when players were actually happy when that happened and prefered not to pick up PTRS in order to increase Guards damage to infantry? :D
13 Dec 2015, 23:41 PM
Patrion 27

The official forums are down, but within the last three or four patches Guards drop-rate was reduced. Perhaps Tommys could get a similar change.
14 Dec 2015, 01:16 AM

Its a known issue. At vet3 they get two non droppable weapons, scoped rifles. That means they dont have enough squad members to carry droppable weapons like brens and they drop them like crazy when loosing 3rd and 4th model. I came to the conclusion its better to give them no weapons but keep them longer on the field than retreating them after one member dies not to hand additional lmgs to grens and volks. That said you should build sappers as your epic lmg blob instead of additional IS. Especially as in cover brens of sappers and IS perform almost the same way while out of cover IS brens are much worse.

Yeah I find it's better generally to give brens to sappers or commandos. Especially commandos.

14 Dec 2015, 09:18 AM

Do you remember ol' good times when players were actually happy when that happened and prefered not to pick up PTRS in order to increase Guards damage to infantry? :D

Haha, I do, but since PTRS now actually do something vs vehicles, I like them. The drop rate on DPSs is still too high imo.
14 Dec 2015, 11:24 AM
Donator 33

"Drop rate of PTRS at rifle and DP-28 LMG to from 33% to 10%

No longer will you be able to tell where your Guards squads have been by the dropped weapons they leave behind like a militant Hansel and Gretel. vV"

(Taken from http://www.coh2.org/news/35740/june-23rd-patch)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★