Login

russian armor

CoH 2 Needs Report Features

13 Dec 2015, 18:03 PM
Donator 11

While CoH2 is in its mid life of its "5 year plan", its community has has been aging since the launch of the game in 2013. The consistence balance patches tied with lack of new players has lead to a game that's very hard for new players to pick up. The saltiness of the community / lack of maturity of this community needs to be in game. Adding a in game report feature would be a step in the right direction to curve this trend of poor players. Base attacking is often common in larger team games as well as players dropping in large team games within the first 1-5 mins due to "noob teammates" or players who's levels aren't very high.

In order to fix this, in game report feature needs to be added to both in game and after game match screens. Reporting needs to be quicker and easier as most players wont send replays to relic as its very time consuming and hard to find the email. Inside this report feature we should be able to mark what actions the player took eg: AFK, Base attacking, poor team communication (raging at your teammates). Along with this maybe adding boons to being nice players (see CSGO/DOTA) such as being commended for being a good/helpful player may be an incentive for players to play nicer with teammates.

Players leaving before the 5min mark should be give an 5~10 min cool down timer for leaving matches early (see rocket league matchmaking). This should never be acceptable, and needs adjustments. To not even give your teammates a try is devastating in large games as players and can lead to games taking longer to load than the actual game.

CoH2 players deserve more respect for one another regardless of Axis bias or Allied fanboyism, report features/time outs will be a small step in the right direction to making a more friendly competitive game

Let Relic know about this post and what you think

13 Dec 2015, 18:22 PM

I do agree, and I do support this. The toxicity of this game is fairly high, and it really puts me off.
13 Dec 2015, 18:24 PM
Donator 11

Toxicity and personal attacks are the reason I've quit this game.
Twice.

Third time's the charm.
13 Dec 2015, 18:32 PM

We, the worst players of the game (4000+), really need this asap man, 80% of the matches my teammates quit if they lose a damn tank, it's just frustrating :'(
13 Dec 2015, 19:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2015, 18:03 PMMittens
While CoH2 is in its mid life of its "5 year plan", its community has has been aging since the launch of the game in 2013. The consistence balance patches tied with lack of new players has lead to a game that's very hard for new players to pick up. The saltiness of the community / lack of maturity of this community needs to be in game. Adding a in game report feature would be a step in the right direction to curve this trend of poor players. Base attacking is often common in larger team games as well as players dropping in large team games within the first 1-5 mins due to "noob teammates" or players who's levels aren't very high.

In order to fix this, in game report feature needs to be added to both in game and after game match screens. Reporting needs to be quicker and easier as most players wont send replays to relic as its very time consuming and hard to find the email. Inside this report feature we should be able to mark what actions the player took eg: AFK, Base attacking, poor team communication (raging at your teammates). Along with this maybe adding boons to being nice players (see CSGO/DOTA) such as being commended for being a good/helpful player may be an incentive for players to play nicer with teammates.

Players leaving before the 5min mark should be give an 5~10 min cool down timer for leaving matches early (see rocket league matchmaking). This should never be acceptable, and needs adjustments. To not even give your teammates a try is devastating in large games as players and can lead to games taking longer to load than the actual game.

CoH2 players deserve more respect for one another regardless of Axis bias or Allied fanboyism, report features/time outs will be a small step in the right direction to making a more friendly competitive game

Let Relic know about this post and what you think

I find this very dramatic, a game that literally say fuck you IN the game with units, you can't handle a raging 10 year old curse at you?

Raging comes with the territory of gaming online, if you can't deal with it, then I guess gaming isn't for you.

It would be nice for people to just be calm and cool but it's just not going to happen.
13 Dec 2015, 19:16 PM

AFAIK they are working on it already
13 Dec 2015, 19:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2015, 18:24 PMFortune
Twice.

Third time's the charm.

its disappointing to hear that people hurl that much abuse at others but its hardly surprising dont let them get to you
13 Dec 2015, 20:52 PM
Donator 11

I find this very dramatic, a game that literally say fuck you IN the game with units, you can't handle a raging 10 year old curse at you?

Raging comes with the territory of gaming online, if you can't deal with it, then I guess gaming isn't for you.

It would be nice for people to just be calm and cool but it's just not going to happen.

I understand this mentality but it still doesn't fix kids raging and blowing up your base. Give options to punish poor sportsmanship and early leavers is something that would help all of us (rather than this pudding chat filter)
13 Dec 2015, 21:46 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2015, 19:16 PMl4hti

Yup, I think to. They mentioned something on a stream not long ago.
13 Dec 2015, 21:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2015, 19:16 PMl4hti

Ah yes, their answer for every problem that ever dared to poke its head around the corner.
13 Dec 2015, 23:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2015, 18:03 PMMittens

There is customer service within menu button on bottom left corner that you can report.

However, what wrong with leaving before 5 min mark? This is a game, not real life and you don't even know what happen to other side. Maybe s/he has to go to toilet and doesn't want to AFK.

I see player dropping as normal behavior. If you don't like that, find a friend and play with.
14 Dec 2015, 00:03 AM

i agree man
14 Dec 2015, 00:06 AM

There is customer service within menu button on bottom left corner that you can report.

However, what wrong with leaving before 5 min mark? This is a game, not real life and you don't even know what happen to other side. Maybe s/he has to go to toilet and doesn't want to AFK.

I see player dropping as normal behavior. If you don't like that, find a friend and play with.

i think the 5 - 10 min penalty is fine. if you really need to do something that requires leaving the game, then the time penalty should give u enough of a chance to finish what you have to do. Believe me, a lot of players have left before the five minute mark; people leave right after they load into the game people leave after losing a single unit, people leave because someone is flaming them, etc.
14 Dec 2015, 00:40 AM

My vision.

This problem will not be solved because only few hundred people play this game. Because of that match making collects uneven teams.

If it happened I type /leave and no action can be done by Relic programmers to prevent this neither cooldown or decreasing in rank I don't care about it. Reason: I don't want to spend another 10-15 minutes in agony.
14 Dec 2015, 00:48 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I don't think it's necessary to add reports for abuse and things, how often does that really happen?

They should add an auto moderator system for dropping early from matches, which is a much more serious concern in my opinion. Like some people said, it would stop you from searching for a few minutes or something. A way that will punish people who quit early, without punishing people who physically had to leave for irl reasons.

Off topic: The Relic five year plan is bullshit, they just released the trailer for the master collection. There will be no new singleplayer content or new armies added. I expect once they finish the okw rework and add the warspoils fix they will pretty much drop the game, no way they are going to support it for 2 more years.
14 Dec 2015, 00:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2015, 18:24 PMFortune
Twice.

Third time's the charm.

Your personal contribution to the Toxicity and personal attacks in this game is noted.

14 Dec 2015, 00:52 AM

Oh, come on. This is the internet. You know what anonymity does to people.
14 Dec 2015, 00:54 AM

Would love a report button for blatant griefing, afk plebs and those retarded leavers.

Those salty flaming kids picked the wrong flavour of the month :luvDerp:
14 Dec 2015, 00:58 AM

report button direct to parents.

Don't be a child
14 Dec 2015, 14:22 PM

I wholeheartedly agree with this plan. However, as some have mentioned, punishing early leavers might be too much. After all, I sometimes leave because a kid is out of bed, etc....

The toxicity can be over the top, and is absolutely absurd sometimes. To the point where you want to turn off the chat. Yes, there are immature individuals out there, but there's no place for their shenanigans in a game that has a decidedly "mature" bent. Base wrecking, insults, threats, etc... should not be tolerated, even if this is the internet. Most people are fine, and might even apologize for their idiot team-mates, but I still feel that it's not unreasonable to try to make our little corner of the interwebs more pleasant for those who just want to enjoy a nice game.

As this game is complex and has a steep learning curve, I'd like to think that most people try their best when they play, so the last thing the player base needs is to lose people becasue they got roasted by their own team-mates, or opposing players, for being "noobs".
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★