Login

russian armor

OKW Panzerschreck

12 Dec 2015, 21:53 PM

Yeah...

Can't we just replace every OKW infantry squad with the same 3 model squad that comes either with G34, Panzerschreck or StG44 and whose size can be upgraded to 4? Costs could be 200, 300, 300 respectively. The StG44 squad comes out of MedicHQ and the Panzerschreck squad out of MechanizedHQ... *cough* Worked once, can work again.
12 Dec 2015, 21:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Dec 2015, 11:53 AMnewvan
However it's radical changes and needs a lot of tests

Almost as radical has giving OKW full income
12 Dec 2015, 22:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Dec 2015, 21:56 PMaradim

Almost as radical has giving OKW full income

I was against unique income from the start, all factions should have same economic system, it should be corner stone of balance.
12 Dec 2015, 22:13 PM

Something needs to be done about Shreks.

They are a cancer in team games in particular. When one side can buttress its already superior armor and heavy tank destroyers with a potent, roving AT/AI blob that can destroy anything you throw at it short of a counterblob of superior infantry, it's just stupid, bad for gameplay, and no doubt helps explain the 95% win rate OKW has in 4v4.

Yes there are easy counters to blobs like mobile artillery, mines, demos etc, but sitting back and shooting Calliope rockets at blobs isn't that much fun.

I think the best solution is to get rid of Shreks from OKW. OP or whoever said it is right: OKW has a number of AT solutions including the only faction that has a T0 AT Gun w/ inexplicable predator camouflage and the only ATG that can retreat. They also have a Puma to counter light vehicles.

Does this leave OKW disadvantaged in the early game? Probably, but so what? They have the best heavy tank in the game to call in later, which has no construction time and allows OKW tremendous flexibility in choosing a commander. Not to mention the best medium in the Panther, and hey, let's throw in a dedicated tank destroyer as well because why not? What shouldn't OKW have?

Idk where this idea came from that OKW needs to be the best at everything, at all stages of the game. Or why OKW shouldn't have to work hard to kill things like other factions. There's a light vehicle, maybe try baiting it into a mine? Ambush with ATG? Outplay w/ your Puma? Or press a button and pull out what amounts to nearly an infantry held ATG from your cheap and spammable base infantry's pants?

I realize that Shreks are not a problem for top tier Allied players in 1v1. Even in my much lower ranked 1v1s (500ish as USF), I don't have that much trouble with Shreks. But I used to play A LOT of 4v4 before giving up this patch and Shrek blobs + Axis armor + potent Axis arty and call-ins explains OST and OKW win rates from coh2charts.
12 Dec 2015, 22:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Dec 2015, 21:53 PMQbix
Yeah...

Can't we just replace every OKW infantry squad with the same 3 model squad that comes either with G34, Panzerschreck or StG44 and whose size can be upgraded to 4? Costs could be 200, 300, 300 respectively. The StG44 squad comes out of MedicHQ and the Panzerschreck squad out of MechanizedHQ... *cough* Worked once, can work again.

How would you repair vehicles and sweep mines though? Like this idea is flamin' and I love it, but I think the only way this would work if there were lots of cheap global side upgrades for this hypothetical infantry unit.

And what would you call it? Stormtrooper? Panzerfusilier? If it wasn't taken Panzgrenadier would fit because these guys would be elite and have to repair.

Try this in a mod though, really solid suggestion.

@Mr.Someguy:

Technically Shock Troops are Engineers. Plus the definition of engineer is to build or maintain something, which they do: mines and reinforced barb wire.
12 Dec 2015, 23:09 PM

Technically Shock Troops are Engineers.

Not just engineers, engineers-sappers, they were called such cause were formed to attack fortify positions and fight in cities, so they used a lot of different explosion devices.

12 Dec 2015, 23:33 PM

How would you repair vehicles and sweep mines though? Like this idea is flamin' and I love it, but I think the only way this would work if there were lots of cheap global side upgrades for this hypothetical infantry unit.

And what would you call it? Stormtrooper? Panzerfusilier? If it wasn't taken Panzgrenadier would fit because these guys would be elite and have to repair.

Try this in a mod though, really solid suggestion.

How about... Westtruppen...

Not sure about minesweepers tho. Maybe there could be an expensive upgrade that let's all infantry detect, but not sweep them?

13 Dec 2015, 03:40 AM
Senior Editor Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Dec 2015, 23:33 PMQbix

Not sure about minesweepers tho. Maybe there could be an expensive upgrade that let's all infantry detect, but not sweep them?

What then would be the point of late game mines? PE had this upgrade but for stationary infantry. Not sure how that was for balance, though. I never saw too many threads complaining about it in the last 18months before coh2 was released.

Anyway, this discussion has been diverted from the original point about volks. Perhaps a Panzerfaust could be toggle-able like the Sturmpio sweeper. It would have a long reload/ready aim time, like an ability would. It doesn't need to crit engines. OKW does fine at the moment w/out many vehicle snares. Another alternative is to just reduce the damage of the OKW schreck significantly.
13 Dec 2015, 03:56 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Dec 2015, 23:09 PMnewvan

Not just engineers, engineers-sappers, they were called such cause were formed to attack fortify positions and fight in cities, so they used a lot of different explosion devices.

I thought the transliteration was something like assault engineer-sapper brigades.
13 Dec 2015, 04:05 AM
Patrion 27

OKW HQ provides access to Schu Mines, Panzershreks, Puppchens, and Goliaths... that's some serious overkill with 100% income.

I like Pirate's Faust idea, but I would settle for giving shreks and Zooks a much slower aim time to keep them defensive so players can't death-blob.
13 Dec 2015, 04:09 AM
Donator 11

It is a good idea, the 100% accurancy issue can be solved by giving it more range but making it a skillshot like pershing/firefly has, ofc with considerably less damage. That way the damage output of volkblob will differ depending on micro. It also reduces rng that was invloved in pzshreck - here it is not 100%, not 80% but the number you can get from outmanuvering your opponent.
13 Dec 2015, 04:49 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Something people are not considering:
Con:
-no longer can you attack ground
-you need to make all abandoned/destroyed vehicles, support weapons or other things targetable
-no longer you can clear mines
Pro:
-You can't push out the model with the Panzerschreck

Currently, fausts will hit 100% of the time (unless there's a bug) and it is essentially a homing missile; if the vehicle backs out, goes behind a rock, and is essentially not able to be shot at, the faust will still hit the vehicle.

It can miss and hit houses. I'm not sure what happens with hedges nor smoke. Cautious movement/cloak will make it miss.
13 Dec 2015, 11:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2015, 03:56 AMVuther

I thought the transliteration was something like assault engineer-sapper brigades.

Yes, its totally correct full naming, or like they were mostly known by its abbreviation - ShISBR.
13 Dec 2015, 11:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Dec 2015, 15:07 PMRMMLz
I don't know why a people don't want PzB Rifle for Volks. If light armor is the reason Volks have Pzschreck, just give them AT rifle. Exact copy of PTRS with PzB model.

Then they can snipe models and team weapons with them like PTRS too? :foreveralone:
13 Dec 2015, 12:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Dec 2015, 15:07 PMRMMLz
I don't know why a people don't want PzB Rifle for Volks. If light armor is the reason Volks have Pzschreck, just give them AT rifle. Exact copy of PTRS with PzB model.

because when people think of german anti-tank weapon in ww2, they think panzerfaust and panzerschreck.

the panzerbusche was obsolete against the Matilda 2 during 1940. the Soviet was really the only one to stick with anti-tank rifle due to the lack of option.

13 Dec 2015, 13:44 PM

Then they can snipe models and team weapons with them like PTRS too? :foreveralone:

They are fine. They've been fine for quite some time now...

because when people think of german anti-tank weapon in ww2, they think panzerfaust and panzerschreck.

the panzerbusche was obsolete against the Matilda 2 during 1940. the Soviet was really the only one to stick with anti-tank rifle due to the lack of option.

And there were only 40 Ostwinds throughout the war but I see no one complaining about it. PzB would solve the problem completely.
13 Dec 2015, 16:56 PM
Patrion 27

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2015, 13:44 PMRMMLz

They are fine. They've been fine for quite some time now...

And there were only 40 Ostwinds throughout the war but I see no one complaining about it. PzB would solve the problem completely.

Actually lots of people have had that specific complaint. :luvDerp:

Why a game representing 1944 has KV1, Ostwind, Stuart and Luchs over vehicles like non-doctrinal T34/85, Wirblewind, M24 Chaffee and Panzer III is a total mystery to me.
13 Dec 2015, 18:07 PM

Panzer III was not used at 1944.
13 Dec 2015, 19:07 PM

Actually lots of people have had that specific complaint. :luvDerp:

Why a game representing 1944 has KV1, Ostwind, Stuart and Luchs over vehicles like non-doctrinal T34/85, Wirblewind, M24 Chaffee and Panzer III is a total mystery to me.

Luchs is late war P2 model.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 24
Peru 16
United Kingdom 51
unknown 6
United States 2
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias