Login

russian armor

OKW Panzerschreck

14 Dec 2015, 18:49 PM
Senior Editor Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Dec 2015, 14:23 PMSwonVIP
Please stay focused on an objective discussion and be nice to each other! :)

/one post invised for trolling

thank you :)

But seriously guys, taking schreck off of volks and giving them a cheap, low-moderate damage faust ability would effectively increase volks dps mid/late game (a plus for you OKW fanboys) while also eliminating schreck blobs (something Relic/other players want). It may force OKW players to tech for a puma to get some supplementary AT, maybe a couple of raketenwerfers rather than just one or none. OKW has 100% muni income now, so it's much more viable to plant mines, and get schrecks, and get nades, etc.
15 Dec 2015, 00:11 AM

Permanently Banned

But seriously guys, taking schreck off of volks and giving them a cheap, low-moderate damage faust ability would effectively increase volks dps mid/late game (a plus for you OKW fanboys) while also eliminating schreck blobs (something Relic/other players want). It may force OKW players to tech for a puma to get some supplementary AT, maybe a couple of raketenwerfers rather than just one or none. OKW has 100% muni income now, so it's much more viable to plant mines, and get schrecks, and get nades, etc.

So we clone wehrmacht? Whats the point if volks are 250 mp with only kar98s and no weapon upgrades?? Removing shreck and making okw fucked vs light armor rushes for one measly kar98 isn't going to help for shit and you know it. Volks at vet 5 are inferior to all allied infantry at vet 3 and beat nobody except rear echelon.
15 Dec 2015, 00:43 AM

Whats the point if volks are 250 mp with only kar98s and no weapon upgrades??

If they will underperform, thay could get old price or some kind of buff, like vet changes. With December buff they are totally fine against ally infantry in early game, against veted infantry you have non-doctrinal obers with cheap upgrades or doctrinal fusiliers and jaegers. Conscripts were in the game without non-doctrinal upgrades from the start and still people use them. Personally I'm not against some kind of AI upgrade, anything except STG, cause there are too many units with it already, but in the same time I think they could be totaly fine for basic infantry even without upgrades, just with small tweak in price or vet.

Removing shreck and making okw fucked vs light armor rushes

Puma cost almost the same as Luch, we have 6 min Luch in current meta, what stops you from 6 min Puma, it's very good vs light armour, and its same timing as Stuart and earlier than T-70. You dont like Puma, you still have mines, Raketenwerfer and fausts like were suggested.
15 Dec 2015, 07:14 AM

I liked much more the old Volks from vCOH.

4x Kar 98, 1x Stg 44, Panzerfaust + option to change 4x Kar 98 to 4x MP40.
15 Dec 2015, 07:34 AM

I don't understand the bitching about shrecks its good sure but its not broken. So don't fix it.
15 Dec 2015, 07:52 AM

THIS THIS THIS.

JUST DO IT RELICCC!!! ARGHGHGHGHG
15 Dec 2015, 08:01 AM

just make shrecks DOCTRINAL then everybodys happy and relic can reap more money
15 Dec 2015, 08:16 AM

So we clone wehrmacht? Whats the point if volks are 250 mp with only kar98s and no weapon upgrades?? Removing shreck and making okw fucked vs light armor rushes for one measly kar98 isn't going to help for shit and you know it. Volks at vet 5 are inferior to all allied infantry at vet 3 and beat nobody except rear echelon.

You obviously don't play the game that much.
15 Dec 2015, 08:25 AM

Permanently Banned

You obviously don't play the game that much.

LEL care to explain? What vet 3 allied infantry can vet 5 volks beat. Both their firepower and received accuracy is far inferior. I'm curious as to how you will attempt to deny it.
15 Dec 2015, 10:12 AM

LEL care to explain? What vet 3 allied infantry can vet 5 volks beat. Both their firepower and received accuracy is far inferior. I'm curious as to how you will attempt to deny it.

I've had my 'discussions' with you so I know it's useless to try and talk something out of your head once you got your idea stuck in it.
You just obviously don't play the game much if you think vet 5 volks can't beat other vetted infantry.
15 Dec 2015, 10:20 AM

Easy and balanced fix to the P-Schreck would be to lower its damage to 80, while still retaining its strong pen. This would make it unable to snipe vehicles and blobing it would be far harder than it is now.
15 Dec 2015, 10:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Dec 2015, 10:20 AMLeChimp
Easy and balanced fix to the P-Schreck would be to lower its damage to 80, while still retaining its strong pen. This would make it unable to snipe vehicles and blobing it would be far harder than it is now.

That'd had to go with cost decrease and players would simply get more of them.

It'll be a cancerous thing as long as it'll be on volks and I don't see it going to other squad really.
15 Dec 2015, 12:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Dec 2015, 10:23 AMKatitof

That'd had to go with cost decrease and players would simply get more of them.

It'll be a cancerous thing as long as it'll be on volks and I don't see it going to other squad really.

True but at the cost of alot more squads... 250mp a piece. So in order to have the same effectiveness that they have now you would have to 1/3 more squads to compensate, which means it is actually something that will influence your build and leave you vulnerable to other counters. To get the same snipes that 4 volks give now you'd have to get 6 which is a pretty big investment. It will leave them vulnerable to a lot of the infantry counters.
15 Dec 2015, 15:38 PM

Faust on Volks will totally eliminate Allied medium/light armor play. I can see faust spam all over the place, especially with munition income to 100% with OKW.
15 Dec 2015, 15:49 PM
Donator 33

Faust on Volks will totally eliminate Allied medium/light armor play. I can see faust spam all over the place, especially with munition income to 100% with OKW.

Avoiding fausts is a lot easier than avoiding shrecks.

Fausts also costs more in the long run.

That being said, I think shrecks could stay on Volks if they got redesigned into a snare. Slightly stronger than Fausts (because more pen/damage) and more expensive (around 35 ammo).
15 Dec 2015, 16:43 PM

What vet 3 allied infantry can vet 5 volks beat.

Vanilla vet 3 allies basic infantry vs vanilla vet5 volks, bouth in grey cover, 5 tests for each situation, if you don't believe you could always check it by yourself in cheat mod. Why vanilla - cause its how USF and UK progress, they didn't have elite non-doctrinal infantry, like OKW, so they progress through upgrades. Even = RNG dependant, like 2 vs 3 wins.

-------Cons vs Volks----Rifles vs Volks----IS vs Volks

Far---------Volks-------------Even------------IS

Mid---------Even-------------Rifles----------Even

Close-------Cons-------------Rifles----------Volks
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak