Login

russian armor

Dear Relic

13 Dec 2015, 19:04 PM

You guys sure as hell are digging the grave of this game one patch at a time.

Yea I'm not so keen on that sort of response to something people find so anti-fun. A developer should not be acting like the general population, a little professionalism goes a long way.
13 Dec 2015, 19:13 PM
Donator 11

Blobing is a feature m8
13 Dec 2015, 19:26 PM

Every blob tells a story
13 Dec 2015, 21:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2015, 19:04 PMRemo

Yea I'm not so keen on that sort of response to something people find so anti-fun. A developer should not be acting like the general population, a little professionalism goes a long way.

I find it endearing.
It's nice to know that devs are humans just like us, full of imperfection and potential.

That being said, I don't think blobbing is anywhere near a 'problem.' I can't find a way it necessarily reduces depth, in fact in the total absence of 'blobbing' there would be no such thing as force concentration ever, and all troops would be spread out everywhere.

This probably paints his response in my eyes, though. I'd like to think I have a high default risibility.
13 Dec 2015, 22:25 PM
Donator 11

Increase the received accuracy penalty on red and no cover... problem solved.
13 Dec 2015, 22:33 PM
Donator 11

giving shrek to a durable 5 man cheap squad was relics best move yet, i wonder what their future plans are... im sure they are splendid.
13 Dec 2015, 22:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2015, 22:33 PMspajn
giving shrek to a durable 5 man cheap squad was relics best move yet, i wonder what their future plans are... im sure they are splendid.

As splendid as YO MAMA :megusta::sibDZ::sibHyena::hansGASM::romeoHairDay::romeoHype:
13 Dec 2015, 22:39 PM

An honest opinion though if blobbing is a problem then I suggest giving all infantry units AoE damage since blobs are usually clumped the infantry can just shoot at it and deal damage to other units in there as well since they are kind of just spraying their weapons at them :D Not too much AoE damage though just a bit so that you won't be able to spray rape a unit in cover.

Also an animation for that would be nice as well. An animation where the dude is just hipfiring and spraying his gun into the blob would be nice. Like Rambo.
14 Dec 2015, 07:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2015, 21:00 PMJaedrik

I find it endearing.
It's nice to know that devs are humans just like us, full of imperfection and potential.

That being said, I don't think blobbing is anywhere near a 'problem.' I can't find a way it necessarily reduces depth, in fact in the total absence of 'blobbing' there would be no such thing as force concentration ever, and all troops would be spread out everywhere.

This probably paints his response in my eyes, though. I'd like to think I have a high default risibility.

You can have force concentration without blobbing. When people say "spread out" they don't mean have them spread a full screens distance away from each-other.

What blobbing is, is taking all your shreck armed volks and putting them on a single control group and moving them around in a "blob" with no micro whatsoever. It shouldn't be possible in the game without taking massive casualties, and they usually do but the damage they inflict is far greater than what they receive. Hence the outcry over the matter.

Shit, if you can take 6 shreck armed volks and micro them on the same screen spreading them out where they can't be hit by arty/mortars and such, more power to you I would love to see that and I completely endorse it. But I have NEVER seen it, not once on any stream or video.

Just increase the combine penalty, if a unit overlaps with another unit they get a nasty stacking accuracy penalty. It seems like a fairly simple fix. Have 4 units all intermingling with each-other? Welp now they don't hit shit, grats. This would only hurt the most basic blobbers because people with good micro could easily split them up and micro them, which I would still endorse completely.
14 Dec 2015, 08:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Dec 2015, 19:34 PMJaedrik
I prefer "force concentration."
It's less offensive.

I prefer the elegant "Combined Arms"

You gonna blob in hell!

Kozo
14 Dec 2015, 08:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2015, 22:25 PMSwonVIP
Increase the received accuracy penalty on red and no cover... problem solved.

Really Bad idea. You'll just make LMG king² of battlefields.

Blobbing isn't a problem on its own, it is what make the blob effective. Like Lunvest said: native long range dps profile + shreck on 5 men squads.

Nobody complains about Engineer Blobs, because they are not effective.

14 Dec 2015, 09:15 AM
Patrion 15

What about a range nerf to all handheld AT so their range is approx the same as faust/at nades. That'd shake up the meta. Excluding PTRS/boys AT though.
14 Dec 2015, 09:45 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Dec 2015, 08:21 AMEsxile

Really Bad idea. You'll just make LMG king² of battlefields.

Blobbing isn't a problem on its own, it is what make the blob effective. Like Lunvest said: native long range dps profile + shreck on 5 men squads.

Nobody complains about Engineer Blobs, because they are not effective.

I think you never faced a good old Barechelon blob.

Playing with cover should be way more effective... because thats what this game is all about.
Buffs on infantry in cover like the Inf Section would be definitely one step in the right direction.
14 Dec 2015, 10:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Dec 2015, 09:45 AMSwonVIP

I think you never faced a good old Barechelon blob.

Playing with cover should be way more effective... because thats what this game is all about.
Buffs on infantry in cover like the Inf Section would be definitely one step in the right direction.

The problem here again isn't the blob but the capacity to associate BARs and RE. Racks for every USF squads is good on the paper but finally brings more balance issues than deeper strategy/tactical play.
14 Dec 2015, 10:40 AM

When blobbed, unit models should be squeezed tighter together. This will make any AoE better against it. Simple.
14 Dec 2015, 15:13 PM

Strange thread, blob exist in like all RTS Games, blob counters too.
14 Dec 2015, 17:29 PM

(A lot of blobbing has to do with map design too.)

If you have to move your forces up to the front but there are only like, two routes there, your forces end up blobbing up.
14 Dec 2015, 17:59 PM

I suppose that if you dont mass retreat coz blobbing, then you wont have all ur units at same time at base so no problem here with the amount of base entrances and routes.

In addittion if u dont send all your troops from base to the same point in the map, ur units wont blob by themself.

Not ssying that maps have o problems but i dont think maps cause blobbling.
14 Dec 2015, 18:16 PM

Forward retreat points contribute greatly to the issue as well. They leave less room for maneuverability to position units, cramping up the map, and they turn 'retreat' into 'back up quickly with defensive bonuses'.

Now, I actually like the concept of forward/dynamic retreat points. The thing is, the maps need to be large enough or designed with that mechanic in mind. Not to mention every faction needs to have access to the option.
14 Dec 2015, 18:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Dec 2015, 07:39 AMRemo

You can have force concentration without blobbing. When people say "spread out" they don't mean have them spread a full screens distance away from each-other.

What blobbing is, is taking all your shreck armed volks and putting them on a single control group and moving them around in a "blob" with no micro whatsoever. It shouldn't be possible in the game without taking massive casualties, and they usually do but the damage they inflict is far greater than what they receive. Hence the outcry over the matter.

Shit, if you can take 6 shreck armed volks and micro them on the same screen spreading them out where they can't be hit by arty/mortars and such, more power to you I would love to see that and I completely endorse it. But I have NEVER seen it, not once on any stream or video.

Just increase the combine penalty, if a unit overlaps with another unit they get a nasty stacking accuracy penalty. It seems like a fairly simple fix. Have 4 units all intermingling with each-other? Welp now they don't hit shit, grats. This would only hurt the most basic blobbers because people with good micro could easily split them up and micro them, which I would still endorse completely.

Attack Move ftw. Standard OKW operating procedure.
jump backJump back to quoted post14 Dec 2015, 15:13 PMBlalord
Strange thread, blob exist in like all RTS Games, blob counters too.

Wut? The USF .50? The halftracks? Fast Luchs wipes those with a quickness. You're lucky to have the Captain out by then to counter the Luchs. Pain in the azz Kubel decapping your gas income ensures that because your rifles constantly dealing with that blob.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS