Login

russian armor

Dear Relic

12 Dec 2015, 14:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Dec 2015, 14:14 PMluvnest
That's what happens if you give main line infantry both AT and AI capabilities. On top of that we got a lack of support weapons and for the WFA factions. And too many units which excell at long range combat (like Volks) and they get a Schreck so you A-move them and you are good to go.

yeah, ^^
12 Dec 2015, 14:54 PM

A move -> Volley fire (I mean schreck volley :snfPeter: ) -> Retreat to FRP -> Repeat
12 Dec 2015, 15:29 PM

If only mines, mortars and tanks MGs worked as they did in CoH1... Oh the dreams.
12 Dec 2015, 17:08 PM

If only mines, mortars and tanks MGs worked as they did in CoH1... Oh the dreams.

You do remember these were just a decoration for tanks back then?
12 Dec 2015, 17:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Dec 2015, 17:08 PMKatitof

You do remember these were just a decoration for tanks back then?

Well, they at least killed some models and even supressed, unlike their CoH2 comrades. Pintle-mounted ones, I mean.
12 Dec 2015, 18:05 PM
Donator 22

Its not only the schreck blob.... a rifle blob is also common in multiplayer games. Just saying....
12 Dec 2015, 18:33 PM
Patrion 14

ABAB - ALL BLOBBERS ARE BASTARDS
12 Dec 2015, 19:09 PM

Blobs are only a thing for OKW now, and only because units excel at long range a-moving, and are ridiculously cheap to maintain. Similarly OKW is the only faction that sometimes lacks blob counters. Conclusion:OKW is meant to blob.

Gren and Con blob= lol

Rifle blob= lol, inefficient, they are flankers and bleed from AOE.

RE blob=nerfed

IS blob=lol
12 Dec 2015, 19:17 PM

do people actually still have problems with blobs

Oh LemonJuicyFruit, the question was if Relic intended to have blobs or this was not intended. Not if it was a prob...
12 Dec 2015, 19:22 PM

do people actually still have problems with blobs

They are problematic if the blober is pro, refer to Luvnest's post

It's a lie to say they are not a problem at any level
12 Dec 2015, 19:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Dec 2015, 22:28 PMbC_
i didnt choose the blob life, the blob life chose me

I think one good solution is to give vicker better suppression, to work better vs OKW blobs

Vicker deals good dmg but I don't get HMG to deal dmg, I get HMG to suppress inf as a blob control.
I want my vicker HMG to work vs OKW blob the way HMG42 (which is 20 mp cheaper) works against rifles blob.

Specially with OKW having the incendiary nades, it's amazing to see a volks casually walking into vicker, crawling into it, nading it and forcing it to retreat, such a scenario would never ever happen to the 42

My suggestion: Reduce Vicker HMG's dmg and give it better suppression (it costs 280 mp and u need a good suppression unit vs OKW)
12 Dec 2015, 19:34 PM

I prefer "force concentration."
It's less offensive.
12 Dec 2015, 20:37 PM

The reason why people blob is obvious- more units are shooting at less enemies. Which means that if you implement some aura of units and if more than 3 or 4 units get too close to each other, they get negative bonuses (of course in HQs and medical stations, it would be disabled)= job done, no blobing.
Blob counters are often either unreliable, or have a bad effect on non-blobing gameplay (demos and goliathes) while this aura would have no bad effect at all, except for possible bugs and maybe losing half of the already low player-base.
BTW if someone comes here trying to tell us that blobing is just a tactic which works, I'm gonna be really salty :sibToxic:
12 Dec 2015, 21:12 PM

So much on the debuff aura, I have had american and okw blobs hard charge ai/suppression units and tanks to decimation. Patch to patch the counters work/ don't work and its just meta frustrations.

And to all those "oh it will ruin team games" team games get vehicles way to fast anyway and not okw doesn't have resource penalty everyone has them all the time. If that 11 min kt is such a fact that it needed to be forced down 1v1 peoples throats then team games don't really rely on their infantry anyway!
12 Dec 2015, 22:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Dec 2015, 19:17 PMiceman

Oh LemonJuicyFruit, the question was if Relic intended to have blobs or this was not intended. Not if it was a prob...

its probably not intended but rather a product of players. people get lazy and find that its rewarding at times to just select everything and attack.
12 Dec 2015, 23:07 PM

It's because mgs are too weak.

During WW 1 they also blobbed infantry to amass firepower but this not ended well because of mgs, this is why tanks were invented.
12 Dec 2015, 23:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Dec 2015, 22:28 PMbC_
i didnt choose the blob life, the blob life chose me

You guys sure as hell are digging the grave of this game one patch at a time.
13 Dec 2015, 01:14 AM

Permanently Banned
When you give great weapons and elite infantry levels of received accuracy to baseline infantry. You get blobs.
13 Dec 2015, 02:00 AM

Novice tactics can easily be beaten by intermediate/competant gameplay tactics. Intermediate/competant play will always be beaten by masterful/top players. Top players can often find themselves caught offguard by novice strategies, especially in highly developed metagames like CoH2 has.

If you're predicting your opponent to use cover, support weapons, and such, the strategies for preparing for those tactics can often get steamrolled by simple superior firepower. It was the same in vCoH as it is today in CoH2.

Penetrating the upper levels of skill in this game can be frustrating as novices blobbing can continually give you a run for your money as you seek higher-tiered players to challenge.
13 Dec 2015, 14:57 PM

I proposed the debuff aura several times in the different alphas and balance patch previews. None of the other testers was giving positive reaction. The only answers I read was L2P... But I still think this is a good solution. Blobbers get punished and it´s more easy to counter it.

OKW, USF and sometimes UKF blobs are still to reliable.

And a new blob/spam tactic I watched in a 2v2 live game yesterday was to build 7 Kübelwagen by the 2:20 min mark (double OKW). Even though the soviet went instant T1 the M3 was too late and they only managed to kill 2 Kübelwagen before the Raketenwerfer arrived and wrecked their Halftrucks. His partner (UKF) had proper MG placing but the later Stuka wiped one after the other. This was really sad to watch (even as an mostly OKW player) since the allied played brave and managed to destroy all Kübelwagen but couldn´t bear the limited ressources they had to deal with. In the end they were rolled over by 11 Panzerfüseliere (by 1 OKW player) and a mix of Luchs, PIV and Sturmtiger. I really hope such situations don´t appear too often...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★