Login

russian armor

Relic should implement UNIT LIMIT

11 Dec 2015, 09:35 AM

Why do i have to find complicated strategies against the simplest strategie in game (blobbing) ? Is not more simple to just make blobbing impossible by Relic ?

There is no complicated strategy. There are specific units designed to destroy blobs. Are we playing the same game?
11 Dec 2015, 09:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Dec 2015, 09:35 AMRemo

There is no complicated strategy. There are specific units designed to destroy blobs. Are we playing the same game?

So..i understand that u never got beaten by blobbers ... Congratulation !!! I think u are the only COH player with this performance.
11 Dec 2015, 09:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Dec 2015, 04:51 AMeebies
Ideally, you'd design the units such that too much of any one unit would be a liability.

WELP

Totally agreed.
11 Dec 2015, 09:53 AM

So...are u saying that team games don't deserve attention...?

What Im saying is seeing more that 3 of the same unit is rare in 1 vs 1 and even in 2 vs 2 and that this would not make much of a difference in those game it would mostly affect team games no where did I say that Relic should forget about team games they put those modes in the game they can atleast pay attention to it BUT!

If you put a limit on team weapons wouldnt people be able to bypass that by picking up a team weapon and if you put a limit on say the Panzerwerfer so you can build more than 2 but a team wants 3 cant one guy build 2 and another build 1 to bypass that?
17 Dec 2015, 23:29 PM

Well I just played a 1v1 on Angoville as OKW against a USF player who by the halfway point made nothing except Rangers and gave them Zooks. I used all the anti-blob tools I could but it was like a zombie apocalypse. There is nothing you can do once the hoard gets so big. I agree, there needs to be a limit to number of specific units. It makes it cheesy and boring.
17 Dec 2015, 23:31 PM

This wont stop blobbing, people will just variety blob...
17 Dec 2015, 23:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Dec 2015, 23:29 PMRappy
Well I just played a 1v1 on Angoville as OKW against a USF player who by the halfway point made nothing except Rangers and gave them Zooks. I used all the anti-blob tools I could but it was like a zombie apocalypse. There is nothing you can do once the hoard gets so big. I agree, there needs to be a limit to number of specific units. It makes it cheesy and boring.

I've lost against hordes of allies with 2 Walking Stukas level 5 on the field... They just kept coming and coming... Relic must act to change this...
18 Dec 2015, 03:52 AM
Donator 33

Better alternative would be that the MGs do more damage, just as they do in real life.

When COH 2 got released in 2013, The Maxim did 16dmg just as much as the conscript mosin, Grenadier Kar 98´s did 20dmg, and the MG 42 had 8dmg, do we really want to go back to old days where maxims would kill 1 model from a grenadier squad even before suppressing them, and grenadiers needed only 4 hits to drop a model from the enemy squad...

Buffing MG damage seems like the right thing to do, but me and my friend maxim spammed our way to TOP 30 2vs2 as Soviets and had over a 80 winstreak back in 2013, buffing damage would result in the same problem that the DSHK had when it got added to the game, 20dmg for it was too much since it murdered the small squads of Ostheer, so buffing AOE suppression is kinda the only fix to the blobbing issue :snfMarcus:
18 Dec 2015, 04:05 AM

Stop with this already. Build the proper counters, punish blob play, move on.
18 Dec 2015, 05:48 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Dec 2015, 03:52 AMATCF
When COH 2 got released in 2013, The Maxim did 16dmg just as much as the conscript mosin, Grenadier Kar 98´s did 20dmg, and the MG 42 had 8dmg, do we really want to go back to old days where maxims would kill 1 model from a grenadier squad even before suppressing them, and grenadiers needed only 4 hits to drop a model from the enemy squad...

Buffing MG damage seems like the right thing to do, but me and my friend maxim spammed our way to TOP 30 2vs2 as Soviets and had over a 80 winstreak back in 2013, buffing damage would result in the same problem that the DSHK had when it got added to the game, 20dmg for it was too much since it murdered the small squads of Ostheer, so buffing AOE suppression is kinda the only fix to the blobbing issue :snfMarcus:

I am not asking for a radical change, only a little improvement for the MGs. I dont know how much, but there are several alternatives between the Maxim (2013) and the MGs (december 2015). They should stop the blob and kill some models until the opponent knows that he needs to press the retreat button or use the smoke.
18 Dec 2015, 15:26 PM
Coder Red Badge

Having a hard limit on individual units is lazy as fuck and incredibly restrictive. You already have a unit limit, it's call population cap.
18 Dec 2015, 16:00 PM
Donator 11

Why do i have to find complicated strategies against the simplest strategie in game (blobbing) ? Is not more simple to just make blobbing impossible by Relic ?

This is not a complicated strat. I agree that blobbing is the simpliest of all but there is a number of things every coh players must know how to do. This not only includes blobbing but also its counters: mg placing and artillery. These are all basics of the basics that anyone should do automatically while thining about real strategies so theese shouldnt be treated as strats of different complexity.

Btw we already have that stupid heavy tank limit, no need for more of that crap.
18 Dec 2015, 20:47 PM

This is not a complicated strat. I agree that blobbing is the simpliest of all but there is a number of things every coh players must know how to do. This not only includes blobbing but also its counters: mg placing and artillery. These are all basics of the basics that anyone should do automatically while thining about real strategies so theese shouldnt be treated as strats of different complexity.

Btw we already have that stupid heavy tank limit, no need for more of that crap.

It's fcking annoying to lose a game wit 2 Walking Stuka level 5 on the field (100+ kills for each of them) just because the opponet keep blobbing Riflemen with zooka over and over again... No strat, no use of cover...not even attack move....just a big nice blob of riflemen with zookas...The game is so brocken atm !
18 Dec 2015, 22:40 PM
Donator 11

It's fcking annoying to lose a game wit 2 Walking Stuka level 5 on the field (100+ kills for each of them) just because the opponet keep blobbing Riflemen with zooka over and over again... No strat, no use of cover...not even attack move....just a big nice blob of riflemen with zookas...The game is so brocken atm !

Right, so this guys main force was a blob and you got it countered. This doeasn't automatically win you the game! There are still many other things you could screw up, for example loose to much squads/manpower or vehicles, loosing controll of the map, mind that blobbing lowers capping power so when he blobs you should gain map controll, positioning units wrong, fighting out of cover, countering his other units, counter picking commander, and last but not the least general manouver warfare both on micro and tactics level. Ask yourself, in which of these areas your play was lacking and then you will get the answer what to improve next.
18 Dec 2015, 23:42 PM

I think a good way to stop spamming and blobbing is to implement the unit limit system. For exemple, the number built of Panzershreck was 289.151 (utilize by all Axis Forces in Europe: Germany, Italy, Romania, Finland, Hungary // so we are talking about 7-9 mil soldiers, and we will see that was 1 SHRECK for 25-30 SOLDIERS). Well, where is the accuracy if we give all Volks Squad 1 or 2 shrecks (1 shrek every 3-6 soldiers)? The same with Bazookas, lmg, smg, mg, tanks and all other units in game. This thing will prevent blobbing, alongside with a system that is using penalty for every group of 3+ squad that are together. In that way, the game will be more strategic and players will be forced to use combined arms and not spamming the same unit again and again. Relic should consider this assets. What do u folks think? Thx !

Lol, historical accuracy. Not here, man.
18 Dec 2015, 23:58 PM

Replay please.
18 Dec 2015, 23:59 PM

I think a good way to stop spamming and blobbing is to implement the unit limit system. For exemple, the number built of Panzershreck was 289.151 (utilize by all Axis Forces in Europe: Germany, Italy, Romania, Finland, Hungary // so we are talking about 7-9 mil soldiers, and we will see that was 1 SHRECK for 25-30 SOLDIERS). Well, where is the accuracy if we give all Volks Squad 1 or 2 shrecks (1 shrek every 3-6 soldiers)? The same with Bazookas, lmg, smg, mg, tanks and all other units in game. This thing will prevent blobbing, alongside with a system that is using penalty for every group of 3+ squad that are together. In that way, the game will be more strategic and players will be forced to use combined arms and not spamming the same unit again and again. Relic should consider this assets. What do u folks think? Thx !

I like you are putting effort into your post and came up with a concept for a possible solution!

Unfortunately, this is not the solution this game needs. Keep it up though!
19 Dec 2015, 00:53 AM

Its not about limiting units. Relic could fix this problems AGES ago, by simply adding de-buffs to blobing inf.

Receiving accuracy, suppression modifiers, lover exp, ect.

Instead of this we only hear "Blobing is the game mechanic which will always exist".

This is excuse. Same with USF crew\de-crew abuse to get armor\units over the pop-cap. Brad comments on this "this works as intendant\its a feature".

Blobs would be much easier problem to deal with, if ALL factions had same anti-blob counters.

For soviets its easier to counter blobs via demo-charges, but for any other faction you HAVE to pick specific commander to counter blobs effectively. Well osther and OKW have Panzerwerwer\Stuka. Brits on the other hand dont have any, even decent anti-blob counter except tommy blob with LMG and USF had stupidly OP caliope, which was probably introduced to be a blob counter, while in real game it usually just wipe all your squads via base rape.

And lets be honest in competitive lvl those counters are mostly rely on "skill play", so if you opponent is good blober and ppl should accept this, there are good and bad blobers, so statement like "if you cant counter blob you are nab" is basically worthless.

So again you rely on anything but "counter", you rely on luck, on RNG, on opponent fail, on your own prediction and so-on. And let me ask "Is the blob such hard tactic to pull of and play with and master it, that it should requare such amount of afford from opponent player to counter it?"

CoH is not starcraft or warcraft which are meant to play via blobing. Blobing problem is much less problem in 1v1, because you basically have entire map to cap and you could be out-capped. But in 2v2+ blobing IS the problem.

And "game is for 1v1" is not excuse again, since if you introduce anti-blob mechanics it wont hit 1v1 badly, but will punch blobers in 1v1 aswell, but in 2v2+ it maybe would solve a lot of balance problems.
19 Dec 2015, 11:59 AM
Donator 33

COH 2 MG´s get a accuracy boost if there are many soldiers on its firing arc, but if units got a received accuracy penalty from being too close together it would give a larger penalty for OKW,SOV and the USF, and leave the small squads of Ostheer with the least penalty on their infantry due to the smaller squad sizes, and it would also mess up Ostruppen since people like to group them together as cannon fodder.
19 Dec 2015, 17:40 PM

I like you are putting effort into your post and came up with a concept for a possible solution!

Unfortunately, this is not the solution this game needs. Keep it up though!

If you are so smart, come with a solution !
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★