Login

russian armor

150 fuel panzer 4 increase it's penetration.

11 Dec 2015, 00:54 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Dec 2015, 00:47 AMVuther

Like the Bofors, AEC, Anvil and Hammer upgrades, I presume you mean?

That's what I would hope, maybe also along the lines of okw paying for healing, mech, and the flak cannon.

This is the exact relic post:

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Dec 2015, 23:27 PMbC_
side upgrades are not out of the questions (we are/have explored) and might be something to come in the future.

fuel upgrades were obviously warranted due to the increase in fuel and the data reflected it.

We will continue to monitor the data and trends and adjust things accordingly from there.

Like I said, no definites, but they are definetly considering side tech
11 Dec 2015, 01:14 AM

Comparing one unit with another is just stupid. OKW has shrecks and cheap accessible AT gun.
I play okw and I don't like the price increase but it's just like only a minute delay.
11 Dec 2015, 01:17 AM

I just played a 2on2, and I have not noticed any differences whilst playing 2on2s. I still keep my ever increasing streak..
11 Dec 2015, 01:22 AM

Changes have been made, but OKW in larger team games is still a steam roll of unstoppable goodness. It just takes a little longer now.

The shrek accessibility and the excellent rakenten make early pushes suicide, leaving OKW to tech until it reaches critical mass.

I know Relic wants to make OKW an "early game" faction, but they are going to have to significantly rework the way in which it fields its army if this is the case, since it currently has a very limited, if any, power drop off. The late game is still ridiculously hard to control.

Patch at least makes it not suicide to play as Allies in 3v3+.

@Comm_ash, likin' the posts. Thanks for reminding us.
11 Dec 2015, 01:46 AM

Why do people say the '85 and ez8 are better than OKW p4 anyway? Test it in the cheat mod, OKW p4 will beat them the majority of the time. The armor is OP.
11 Dec 2015, 01:52 AM

What's the cost comparison in relationship to performance between a Pershing and Tiger?
11 Dec 2015, 02:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Dec 2015, 01:46 AMHorasu
Why do people say the '85 and ez8 are better than OKW p4 anyway? Test it in the cheat mod, OKW p4 will beat them the majority of the time. The armor is OP.

How many times did you try it? Easy Eight won vs OKW P4 easily +80% of the time in my tests.
11 Dec 2015, 02:07 AM

How many times did you try it? Easy Eight won vs OKW P4 easily +80% of the time in my tests.

Admittedly only about 10 times since I was farming war spoils. Max range, ez8 kept bouncing which negated the extra hp it had. 6 times it died.
11 Dec 2015, 02:08 AM

I know Relic wants to make OKW an "early game" faction,

the concept of an "early" or "late" game faction is flawed.

That said, I do think the problem is the fact OKW have an early game on par with the Soviet and USF while having an amazingly late game.
11 Dec 2015, 02:15 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post11 Dec 2015, 02:07 AMHorasu

Admittedly only about 10 times since I was farming war spoils. Max range, ez8 kept bouncing which negated the extra hp it had. 6 times it died.

Yeah the armor is so OP. Despite the panzer4 having a harder chance to penetrate an ez8 with more health, than an ez8 penetrating a p4 with less health. Yeah okay hurr hurr.
11 Dec 2015, 02:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Dec 2015, 02:07 AMHorasu

Must've been a statistical anomaly, or cheatmod weirdness. The Panzer IV at point-blank has less chance to pen the Easy Eight, than the Easy Eight at max range has to pen the Panzer IV.

155 ÷ 234 = 0.66%
120 ÷ 215 = 0.56%

Could also be cheatmod being weird, maybe. It's good for testing, but it's not perfect, it has it's own bugs sometimes. Like Ost trenches being wiped in seconds by small arms fire.
11 Dec 2015, 02:23 AM

Permanently Banned

Must've been a statistical anomaly, or cheatmod weirdness. The Panzer IV at point-blank has less chance to pen the Easy Eight, than the Easy Eight at max range has to pen the Panzer IV.

155 ÷ 234 = 0.66%
120 ÷ 215 = 0.56%

Could also be cheatmod being weird, maybe. It's good for testing, but it's not perfect, it has it's own bugs sometimes. Like Ost trenches being wiped in seconds by small arms fire.

You are off.

P4 mid pen is 110

110 / 215 = 51%

easy 8 mid pen is 165

165 / 234 = 71%
11 Dec 2015, 02:36 AM

You guys are missing the point on the p4/ panther price increases. They aren't increasing the costs because they feel the tanks were overperforming per cost, they increased their price because OKW was able to get too many tanks out way too quickly.

More likely than not, we will see the prices reverted for the mediums and replaced with actual tech to unlock them, as was hinted by the relic employee earlier (can't remember name).

They most likely went with increased fuel cost because it was the fastest way to push the changes out on a hotfix before relic goes on holiday.

This

This was basically a limited roll back on OKWs resource penalty. Except instead of just putting back the flat resource rate, they just inflated the prices of the late game tanks. This is better because it's way easier to control then a flat income penalty that punishes light vehicle play. It's the price they pay for getting T4 level armor at T3 timing.

Comparing it to the Easy 8 and T-34/85 is bad because the problem is these tanks also arrive earlier then they should. They should honestly have a CP cost like they had before.
11 Dec 2015, 03:16 AM

You are off.

P4 mid pen is 110

110 / 215 = 51%

easy 8 mid pen is 165

165 / 234 = 71%

Reread, I was comparing P4's highest chance vs E8's lowest chance, to prove a point of how large the E8's advantage is.
11 Dec 2015, 03:24 AM

This

This was basically a limited roll back on OKWs resource penalty. Except instead of just putting back the flat resource rate, they just inflated the prices of the late game tanks. This is better because it's way easier to control then a flat income penalty that punishes light vehicle play. It's the price they pay for getting T4 level armor at T3 timing.

Comparing it to the Easy 8 and T-34/85 is bad because the problem is these tanks also arrive earlier then they should. They should honestly have a CP cost like they had before.

from what I see of the fuel price increase promote stuka spam + shrek blob+ AT gun wall.....

OKW Battlegroup HQ still need a fast armor to fight ally fast Light armors in game, battlegroup HQ currently have nothing, (flak HT got ate by ally light armors for snack, and it need immobile to fight) when ally light armor hits the field OKW usually have no armor to roaming the battlefield to help to force it off, and because speed of ally light armor they can easily run pass OKW VG and AT guns. I found ally light armor is very annoying in early mid game stage as OKW have no armor.
11 Dec 2015, 04:30 AM

i am reminding you guys. p4 has better AI capability(AOE) and faster reload. we should discuss about speed, target size, acceleration, etc.
11 Dec 2015, 05:28 AM

the concept of an "early" or "late" game faction is flawed.

That said, I do think the problem is the fact OKW have an early game on par with the Soviet and USF while having an amazingly late game.

This 10x. Clock based balance is a bad way to go about it, not least because it makes it needlessly difficult to keep 1s and 4s balanced at the same time.

Besides which, the vet 5 system plus easy access to good armor means that OKW's lategame is probably always going to have the highest potential strength. Giving these things to the faction that was supposed to be Axis' earlygame was boneheaded.
11 Dec 2015, 05:32 AM

i am reminding you guys. p4 has better AI capability(AOE) and faster reload. we should discuss about speed, target size, acceleration, etc.

T34/85 & P4 have same aoe, scatter is higher against 5-6 men squads, while the allied tanks have lower scatter against smaller squads. The AI capabilities are pretty much the same shock wise, with the p4 being slightly disadvantaged with its main gun compared to the t34/85.

People complain about the IS2 hitting nothing, yet the scatter on it is lower than on the P4. Just saying.

But feel free to add things to my list so I can update it.
11 Dec 2015, 06:55 AM

These are all negligible stats, they're so similar you would never notice a difference unless you had them side-by-side, moving at the exact same time in the exact same direction.
11 Dec 2015, 08:21 AM

i agree, increase pz4 pen or reduce fuel to 135
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight