Login

russian armor

KV-2

8 Dec 2015, 17:54 PM

Well I can't right now but between with what you found when you did cheat mode and what the stats say, it sounds like the panther would win. You said it yourself didn't you, that the panther won?

You are not taking all stats for better view.

Panther has 73% to penetrate.
KV has only 50%.

But

KV has more health.
Faster reload (on siege)
and higher damage.

It wins 50% and loses 50% but on becasue of bouncing from Panther's armor but because of missing and shooting the ground all the time.
8 Dec 2015, 18:09 PM

As mentioned in other threads also I would suggest the following changes to KV-2:

Reduce cost and CP.

Fuel cost might had been fine during "soviet industry" but it is not anymore.

KV-2 is weaker than both IS-2 and ISU-152 yet it comes later and it less cost efficient.

Remove/lower the penalties of sight in siege mode and damage during the change of modes.

Change vet 1 ability to something more useful as a barrage.

Have 2 different set of veterancy 3 bonus, one for siege and one for normal mode.

Increase (or remove) limit to 2

Fights between a KV-2 and Panthers don't say much about the unit value since one is a Heavy tank or an assault gun and the other a TD...
8 Dec 2015, 18:32 PM

After some more testing I found out the way you place/ position it is super important for some reason. With gun barrel facing down (so front of tank is higher than back, it misses 95% of the time.)

When gunbarrel is facing up ( front lower than back) it hits like 95% of the time. Can this be a bug? :D

In the video in this topic you can see the barrel is facing down. Its on a hillish part where fron is slightly higher.
8 Dec 2015, 19:16 PM
Donator 33

After some more testing I found out the way you place/ position it is super important for some reason. With gun barrel facing down (so front of tank is higher than back, it misses 95% of the time.)

When gunbarrel is facing up ( front lower than back) it hits like 95% of the time. Can this be a bug? :D

In the video in this topic you can see the barrel is facing down. Its on a hillish part where fron is slightly higher.

COH 2 Science!!, im eager to hear more

*As for the KV-2 Penetration, i have never seen it bounce its shots on SIEGE MODE, so i think it might have 1000 penetration on it, like all howitzers*
8 Dec 2015, 19:21 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Replace secure mode with Bunker busting barrage. Give suppression to the barrage on higher level of vets.

8 Dec 2015, 20:43 PM
Patrion 28

it's a brummbar with a turret. it's ok; can be fun when it works and gets vet.

the aiming calculations in the game engine do not handle elevation differences well.
8 Dec 2015, 21:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Dec 2015, 19:16 PMATCF

*As for the KV-2 Penetration, i have never seen it bounce its shots on SIEGE MODE, so i think it might have 1000 penetration on it, like all howitzers*

KV-2 has the same penetration in both modes 200/180/160 (as far as i can see)
8 Dec 2015, 21:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Dec 2015, 02:35 AMHorasu
So has anyone tried the KV-2 since they buffed the HP from 800 to 1080 and switched out soviet industry? I personally have been toying around with it for funsies and I've never noticed how fast the velocity of its shells were. Coming as someone who came around only after the initial nerf to the commander, I've only played with the KV-2 a couple of times a long, long time ago, and I remember misses, lots of misses, from the slow shells. In siege mode it still misses a ton, but it's surprisingly accurate when it's mobile. It's a real squad wiping machine, and with 300 or so damage to boot, a relic of a time when tanks did more than the standard 160 I guess. Although it's fire rate is horrendously slow, I feel like if the commander catches on, it could case some real rage.

What are your guys' thoughts on the KV-2?

The game is really bad ATM. OKW is OP. Brits are useless. The game is too fast. In team-games u can bring KT after 12-14 min. It's fcked up !!!
8 Dec 2015, 22:29 PM

You are not taking all stats for better view.

Panther has 73% to penetrate.
KV has only 50%.

But

KV has more health.
Faster reload (on siege)
and higher damage.

It wins 50% and loses 50% but on becasue of bouncing from Panther's armor but because of missing and shooting the ground all the time.

Ahh, I miss understood how penetration values were calculated. I apologize, and I agree that both the guns accuracy is goofy and it's probably not worth the cost with what you get. However it's main purpose seems to be an anti blob platform(which is a little unnecessary due to the fact that the sovs have plenty of other anti blob methods) so I would believe that it should lose (or at least be evenly matched) to a Panther in a fair fight but definitely not due to its scatter.
8 Dec 2015, 22:50 PM

it can save the day... somedays
it's not near as good as IS/ISU(^^) but i prefer it to pershing...
8 Dec 2015, 23:09 PM

The changes to it were nice, but not enough. Either it needs more armor, or alternatively the time it takes to exit the siege mode has to be significantly reduced. In addition to that, the siege mode sight penalty is a tad over the top imho, it could be halved or even completely removed. Lastly the CP requirement could probably do with a buff.

More importantly however, the commander is shit. It doesn't offer anything besides the KV-2 and repair stations. The supply drop is a joke and should be replaced with something that is actually useful and not just a spectacular waste of munition, like shocks or guards.
9 Dec 2015, 06:28 AM

i think it could use a cp decrease. THis patch has made it difficult to play Allies, so it is difficult to see how it is does against real opponents
9 Dec 2015, 07:39 AM

the kv2 in siege mode fire like an artillery.

Basically it's got the same problem as the PIAT.

in direct fire mode it fire normally.
9 Dec 2015, 08:18 AM

Tbh the whole commander is lackluster besides the repair station and the KV2.

Fuel drop is okay however, what I dont think is needed is the vehicle repair ability and the KV8.

1st

I reckon instead have the scavange upgrade for engineers same as the one in the tank hunter commander.

2nd

A new passive ability that every allie resource cashe built grants the player something like 3% discount on vehicles (excluding the KVs of course). When a cashe is destroyed, the bonus from that single cashe is canceled.

Just a thought.

nee
9 Dec 2015, 15:48 PM

Fuel drop is okay however, what I dont think is needed is the vehicle repair ability and the KV8.

1st

I reckon instead have the scavange upgrade for engineers same as the one in the tank hunter commander.

2nd

A new passive ability that every allie resource cashe built grants the player something like 3% discount on vehicles (excluding the KVs of course). When a cashe is destroyed, the bonus from that single cashe is canceled.

Just a thought.

First idea is good, certainly better than supply drop.
Second idea I can't agree, for one it relies on a peculiar requisite (building any cache, anywhere, and getting pissed when your ally builds all of them), two 3% discount isn't very big difference so it ends up being ignored, three the idea of cost reductions as part of commander unlock don't sit well with me, it kind of competes against (or stacks with) the bulletin system.
I think replacing KV8 with KV1 might be a better option; the latter is far more useful than a heavy flame tank, and acts as a sort of alter ego for T-34/85, where instead of better gun it's better armour.
My own first thoughts, of course.
9 Dec 2015, 15:55 PM

1st

2nd

Just a thought.

Love it.
I mean, salvage like in Tank Hunter. I would replace it for crew repairs.
9 Dec 2015, 20:23 PM

Permanently Banned
Relic can add somthing like special cashes or opel blits to give more fuel income.
9 Dec 2015, 21:05 PM

Give KV-2 vet ability similar to SturmTiger shot but with munition cost.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 12
unknown 3
United States 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak