Login

russian armor

OKW Jagdpanzer IV

7 Dec 2015, 01:10 AM

Is there any reason to build one with this new patch? The panther is in the same tier and fulfills both a AT and AI roles.

Pre patch, the Jagdpanzer served as a "safe" option if you did not have the fuel to tech past tier 1 and afford a PIV or Panther.
7 Dec 2015, 01:13 AM

An excellent tank,cheap ,gives u standoff ability and OP with vet.You can get almost 2 for a KT.
7 Dec 2015, 01:22 AM

Panther excels in mobility, jp4 excels in pure DPS.

If you want to fight enemy head on, jp4 much more better, especially in combination with kt - kt kills infantry, jp4s takes care of any enemy tank destroyers which may try to damage kt from range. But even without kt, it excellent at protecting your infantry.

If you want mobility for flanking, go for a panther.

Only weakness of jp4 is it susceptibility to be one-shotted by a firefliy (1 gun shot+2rockets is enought to kill full health jp4 without vet).
7 Dec 2015, 01:28 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Panther's AI ain't very good for its cost, but it does exist unlike the JPIV's because its MGs are good. Plus it can crush.
7 Dec 2015, 01:40 AM

Only weakness of jp4 is it susceptibility to be one-shotted by a firefliy (1 gun shot+2rockets is enought to kill full health jp4 without vet).

This is joke right? Last I checked the JP4 has a target size of 17, one less than the 18 of an M8 greyhound. Even if you land the first tulip, usually the second misses. It has to be dead on. Oh, don't forget top secret Nazi camo phase armour. Activate it in combat and you are invulnerable to tulips, attack ground, and mines.
7 Dec 2015, 01:42 AM

Panther can blitz and finish off enemy tanks. JP4 is a sniper
7 Dec 2015, 01:42 AM

This is joke right? Last I checked the JP4 has a target size of 17, one less than the 18 of an M8 greyhound. Even if you land the first tulip, usually the second misses. It has to be dead on. Oh, don't forget top secret Nazi camo phase armour. Activate it in combat and you are invulnerable to tulips, attack ground, and mines.

Tulips hit cloaked tanks.

Idk about target sizes (target size is just value for accuracy calculation and not an actual hit box size, isnt it?), but i have numerous jp4 snipes from full health on my fireflies. It can also miss if you fire tulips from low-ground to hight-ground, but tulips always tricky to use.
7 Dec 2015, 01:46 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Idk about target sizes (target size is just value for accuracy and not an actual hit box size, isnt it?)

Cruzz please come back we need you :(
7 Dec 2015, 01:49 AM

Yeah, i took a look at coh stats, axis half tracks have target size of 20, no way their models bigger than a jp4.

7 Dec 2015, 04:38 AM
Patrion 27

JPIV does WAY more DPS than a Panther and getting it first vs. a player who you think or know is going vehicle-heavy play means it's going to vet up earlier (it has great vet.) Panther is good at vet zero and ridiculous anywhere beyond.

People always say "replay or GTFO" so here you go. :luvDerp:
7 Dec 2015, 05:34 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Tulips hit cloaked tanks.

Idk about target sizes (target size is just value for accuracy calculation and not an actual hit box size, isnt it?), but i have numerous jp4 snipes from full health on my fireflies. It can also miss if you fire tulips from low-ground to hight-ground, but tulips always tricky to use.

Are you sure about hitting it when phasing ? While i had more luck hitting cloaked JPIV with the AoE, shells will just go through.
7 Dec 2015, 06:38 AM

Hello Ms. Information!

The Target Size doesn't mean hitbox, Target Size is just the multiplier for hit chance. Accuracy times Target Size equals Hit Chance. For example, 0.04 x 22 = 88% chance to hit. If it rolls a miss, the round will scatter and still has a chance to hit. Secondly the camouflage only renders it invisible, not invincible. It will still take damage from scattered shots, mines, rockets, and other explosions.
7 Dec 2015, 07:12 AM

Panther stress mobility firepower and armor.
P4 have better range faster RoF . Its less risky option - you wont probably move with it too much. It have smaller hit box (so it will eat less shots).
And also comes sooner.

I think it depends on oponent.
Medium tank spam - go panther with shrecks
Meatshield (churchill)/ heavy tanks go jp4 and p4 for harrass.
I think Jp4 have still it uses for example again churchills , kv8 , su85 , jacson , is2 , pershing ...
7 Dec 2015, 08:07 AM

Is there any reason to build one with this new patch? The panther is in the same tier and fulfills both a AT and AI roles.

Pre patch, the Jagdpanzer served as a "safe" option if you did not have the fuel to tech past tier 1 and afford a PIV or Panther.

Its revamped OKW so...

7 Dec 2015, 08:24 AM

It's the second best TD in game, only beaten by the JT. PV is is decent against low-end medium spam, JPIV is perfect against anything.

JPz4 excells even over the Jagdtiger, I would say it's THEbest tankdestroyer into the game. Can compete against all tanks without any problems.
7 Dec 2015, 08:40 AM

and

AI roles

I aren't think that.
7 Dec 2015, 08:40 AM

Panther has much better penetration than a Jagdpanzer IV and costs only two more popcap. Panther's better.
7 Dec 2015, 09:37 AM

Well, as I see it, you can go 2 ways related to OKW T4: Panther + Panther + as many panthers you can field.

OR

P4 + Jgdpanzer + P4 + P4...etc.

7 Dec 2015, 10:28 AM

Here's the deal:

P4 =AI + medium tank support (low pen, but good against infantry)

JP4 = Counter for medium tanks (long range, high dps, mediocre) penetration)

Panther = counter for heavy tanks ( low dps, high penetration)

As you see every unit excels at a specific role.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★