Login

russian armor

Place your bets

7 Dec 2015, 15:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Dec 2015, 15:14 PMAradan

In last patch game was almost ballanced for 3v3 and 4v4. These mod is for playing with friends.
And it was gg the moment you had a Brit in 2vs2. Not saying it aint the other way around now, but stop praising the previous patch as "balanced".
7 Dec 2015, 15:43 PM

game is meant to be and should be balanced around all modes whether you like it or not

+1 but i small correction :D
7 Dec 2015, 15:48 PM

Although the game is in a bad condition (OPKW is back to its full glory) and considering that I don't really care About 3+, I still think that once a meta is established, Axis win rate will decline a bit.
7 Dec 2015, 16:07 PM

93.5 %! We are gonna make the 95%!

I failed glorious race with losing one game this patch, now i just feel sad.
7 Dec 2015, 17:03 PM

All heil the mighty Okw and the mighty Obercemeber Patch
7 Dec 2015, 17:50 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Win 19 games and you end up even :P
7 Dec 2015, 18:06 PM

7 Dec 2015, 18:37 PM

I wonder if its even possible to hit a 100% win ratio.
7 Dec 2015, 18:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Dec 2015, 18:37 PMNapalm
I wonder if its even possible to hit a 100% win ratio.

No. Even 99% is too hight, especially if you toss poor game stability into equation.

But 95%? Easy enough.
7 Dec 2015, 18:49 PM

I said game modes 4vs4 and 3vs3 are for fun.

This does not negate fact that 1vs1 and 2vs2 can be funny indeed , but most players will still think its much more funny to play with freinds and big tanks rathrer than with infantry , and positioning without talking with someone :/

Lol at all your posts. Jason Lee stated live on stream the game should be balanced for everyone. No one mode is more important than another.
7 Dec 2015, 19:00 PM

I said game modes 4vs4 and 3vs3 are for fun.

This does not negate fact that 1vs1 and 2vs2 can be funny indeed , but most players will still think its much more funny to play with freinds and big tanks rathrer than with infantry , and positioning without talking with someone :/

Can you please stop blabbing about things you have never experienced?
Seriously, you sound like a teenager talking about sex, which he has never had.

And how exactly do you know what "most players will think"?

I'm sorry it sounded too rough, but seriously...
7 Dec 2015, 19:01 PM

fkd up editing :(
7 Dec 2015, 19:18 PM

Last patch USF had a winrate of .75 in 1v1(!) on this site and nobody made a fuzz. Now okw achieved some insane numbers in 2v2-4v4 and everybody loses his mind.
Guys. 1v1 are the games we are looking at when we watch tourneys. Not 4v4 noobfests.
Just stop the hysteria already, its unbearable.
(and yeah, before the forum warriors step in: okw need number adjustments)
7 Dec 2015, 19:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Dec 2015, 19:18 PMHiflex
Last patch USF had a winrate of .75 in 1v1(!) on this site and nobody made a fuzz. Now okw achieved some insane numbers in 2v2-4v4 and everybody loses his mind.
Guys. 1v1 are the games we are looking at when we watch tourneys. Not 4v4 noobfests.

Note that 75% is less than 95%. Also note that there was plenty of discussion about how to fix OKW and USF. Also note that 1v1 has a smaller player base than 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4 combined.

These sweeping comments "all of XXXX", "every YYYYY" are incorrect almost by default. The issue you are seeing now is that so many players are unable to play fair games that the forums are lighting up.
7 Dec 2015, 19:29 PM

USF had a few peak days, but they were never consistently that high. They dropped below average plenty of times throughout the month.
7 Dec 2015, 19:39 PM
Senior Caster Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Dec 2015, 15:14 PMAradan

In last patch game was almost ballanced for 3v3 and 4v4. These mod is for playing with friends.

if people weren't going on that matter with your attitude, it would be more competitive ;)
7 Dec 2015, 19:58 PM

I am the only one that feels that relic is laughing their Canadian butts off right now? I mean are they just trolling us or what!?
7 Dec 2015, 20:02 PM
Senior Caster Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Dec 2015, 19:58 PMGenObi
I am the only one that feels that relic is laughing their Canadian butts off right now? I mean are they just trolling us or what!?

in vcoh i thought that the goal of the game is to troll your enemy to win. :> so you are probably not exactly wrong with this
7 Dec 2015, 20:56 PM

The more i read comments about superiority of 1v1 the more i want to make a thread about how it INFERIOR to every other game mode and how prioritizing 1v1 kills the game.

First, and foremost, the player base. Majority of players play 2v2 and above. And its not 1:2 or 1:3 ratio, its 1:10+ overwhelming majority.

Lets imagine your dreams come true and you killed all team game modes for the sake of bunch wannabe pros in 1v1. Guess whats gonna happen? Team games would die, all people who enjoyed playing them would move on, but garden those sore losers who cant play master mode, right? We achieved 1v1 balance for bunch of chosen, WOHOOO.

SC2 is overwhelming example of what happens to a game when you try to sacrifice everything for competitive scene.

Second, CoH is not SC and would never be, time when SC-type games could became popular have long passed. Even if Relic would ever optimize a game and would ever bring it close to balanced and not overly-affected by RNG state at the cost of killing 2v2 and above, what do you think would happen? Thousands of people would flood servers to perfect their skills in 1v1 repetitive meta borefest? Sponsors would start organizing large tourneys for tens of thousands of viewers looking for good nap?

Nothing of that, not on any meaningful scale.

Currently, as a things stand, RTS is a dying genre, which hugely overshadowed by a team games. Primary MOBAS, which, if you don't know, took their origin in dota, map played in wc3 public games, ironically called nothing but "mode for noobs who cant micro more than 1 unit" by wannabe-pro 1v1 wc3 players of that time. Yet, dota surpassed wc3 lifetime, succeeded with creating whole new genre, which became by far most popular and interesting e-sport game for both viewers and players of all times and continue to grow as we speak.

Now, whats it all about? Simple - people are not interested in watching or playing over-requiring 1v1 RTS matches. They want to see action, enjoy team play and have nor desire nor possibilities to play game 24/7 only to master skills required in 1v1 such as memorizing perfect build orders in every position on every map in every match up and achieving inhuman amounts of APM.

Third, to make it clear, i am not 1v1 hater or wannabe 4v4 pro, i just enjoy a game and want it to grow and be successful. Sadly, game turned into absolute pudding by last patch, and any posts of 1v1 wannabe-pros (half of whom for some suspicious reason have no playercard for us to learn how truly godlike they are) advocating for those changes make me facepalm.

And personally regarding your post - why people hysterical. Because, again, there 10:1 ratio of team game scrub players to 1v1 master race pros, and imbalance in team games so rampant that its impossible to enjoy them anymore.
7 Dec 2015, 21:21 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Ever saw games between real teams? probably you didnt. This is way more coordination, intensity and everything you could ever have in 1v1. You watch 1v1 in Tourneys because easy to cast. Oh and btw, League of Heroes were watched by so many players aswell. :) Which had 3v3 and 4v4 in them, only reason they didnt have that much viewers is because coh2.org wasn't behind it like at OCF. ;)

Jadame is very right with his post, neither you want to accept it or not.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★