Login

russian armor

Place your bets

What do you think Axis win rates will be for 3s/4s over the next two weeks?
Option Distribution Votes
25%
32%
25%
18%
Total votes: 151
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
4 Dec 2015, 18:08 PM

This is for fun and hypothetical
Lets assume no hotfixes.

Will revisit in two weeks and use http://coh2chart.com/ to see results.

4 Dec 2015, 18:15 PM

Game is meant to be balanced for 1vs1 and 2vs2. Please dont take 4vs4 win charts so serious , these game modes are for fun
4 Dec 2015, 18:32 PM

Game is meant to be balanced for 1vs1 and 2vs2. Please dont take 4vs4 win charts so serious , these game modes are for fun

game is meant to be balanced around all modes whether you like it or not
4 Dec 2015, 18:33 PM
Senior Editor Badge

+1
4 Dec 2015, 18:37 PM

It is not possible
4 Dec 2015, 18:44 PM

Game is meant to be balanced?
4 Dec 2015, 18:47 PM

+1 beautiful burn hahahaha
4 Dec 2015, 18:51 PM

I miss 40- 50% option
4 Dec 2015, 21:00 PM

It's certain that relic doesn't design the 3vs3+ to be balanced as the the 1vs1 & 2vs2 modes. Just check how they design maps. Almost every new map we got for 1vs1 was designed with a balance background in mind. They are mirrored, open to allow flanking and all recent balances adjustments have been made for 1vs1 & 2vs2 maps.

Now check the 3vs3+ maps for example. Lazur Factory has been a bottle neck galore since release and the new map lorch assault has 5 Vps!!! And a huge fucking castle just for eye candy with no tactical depth what so ever. The only maps that seem to be balanced are steppes & general mud.
4 Dec 2015, 21:03 PM

Never was and neer will be. You know why ? because relic started messing with asyymetrical balance.

You cannot literaly balance 5 factions and their combinations from 1vs1 to 4vs4 when every faction have some strong phase and weak phase. And higher the mode , the sooner comes late game phase.

I have this from Relic official anoucement about factions

And i think 1vs1 and 2vs2 are most competitive game modes becuase of micro tax, amoung of strats and amound of tourneys.

And I never sayid that i like it or not , i just said it is like it is and we dont change it
4 Dec 2015, 21:07 PM

4vs4 players and compstomp heroes had their fun for 2 years. Now relic is focusing on person VS person and eSports aspects.
4 Dec 2015, 21:19 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

+1
4 Dec 2015, 21:19 PM

4vs4 players and compstomp heroes had their fun for 2 years. Now relic is focusing on person VS person and eSports aspects.

The game will never reach eSports at 1v1. Sorry to break it to you - its just the way gaming is today. No one wants to watch full meta spam decided by RNG.

4 Dec 2015, 21:21 PM

It will, eventually. They are making considerable efforts to get this game there.
4 Dec 2015, 21:23 PM

It will, eventually. They are making considerable efforts to get this game there.

Lel - you new around here pal?
4 Dec 2015, 21:25 PM

It's certain that relic doesn't design the 3vs3+ to be balanced as the the 1vs1 & 2vs2 modes. Just check how they design maps. Almost every new map we got for 1vs1 was designed with a balance background in mind. They are mirrored, open to allow flanking and all recent balances adjustments have been made for 1vs1 & 2vs2 maps.

Now check the 3vs3+ maps for example. Lazur Factory has been a bottle neck galore since release and the new map lorch assault has 5 Vps!!! And a huge fucking castle just for eye candy with no tactical depth what so ever. The only maps that seem to be balanced are steppes & general mud.

Sorry for a bit of offtopic, but that with steppes and general mud balanced...really got me :clap::thumbsup::lolol:
4 Dec 2015, 21:36 PM

any mode can be considered competitive but just because 1vs1 is considered the best of all 4 modes for competitive play(2vs2 the best team based mode) we should not forget 3vs3 and 4vs4 also exist as well,and their not something to be ignored for "newbies" or "for fun" only.

i mean part of the british army (emplacements) are not very useful in 1vs1 and really start to shine when the mapss become more open and larger and you dont have that much of a problem with resources(team based modes)

4 Dec 2015, 21:50 PM

Thing is RTS is a dying genre and 1v1 RTS doubly so, sc2 is a good example.

If 2v2 and above would be broken playerbase would drop from 10k to 1k (well i counted online players at the peak, but whatever). At best.
4 Dec 2015, 22:02 PM

Never was and neer will be. You know why ? because relic started messing with asyymetrical balance.

You cannot literaly balance 5 factions and their combinations from 1vs1 to 4vs4 when every faction have some strong phase and weak phase. And higher the mode , the sooner comes late game phase.

I have this from Relic official anoucement about factions

And i think 1vs1 and 2vs2 are most competitive game modes becuase of micro tax, amoung of strats and amound of tourneys.

And I never sayid that i like it or not , i just said it is like it is and we dont change it

this is why 1vs1 should not be considered "balanced".

the only good and balanced mode we have now is 2vs2 where we see almost all units become viable and each phase in the game has its moments

unlike 1vs1 where the one with the best early game usually wins(USF) or 4vs4 with the best late game usually wins(OKW,British)

but in 2vs2 all of them have their moments of power and weakness and they cant skip it

still the game is balanced around all 4 modes and we should never forget that and it might seem hard to balance but make no mistake its not impossible.

just to bring another example many 2vs2 and 1vs1 maps were modified and from what i seen they helped make emplacements viable in 1vs1 and some 2vs2 maps and this is huge! cause they were mostly trash units duo to how 1vs1 maps(and some 2vs2 maps) were designed

another one is how they buffed late game USF from trash to meh

another example is how they reworked OKW in order to make them better as a faction AND a viable 1vs1 faction(which they werent)

5 Dec 2015, 00:01 AM
Patrion 14

you know, perfect balance for 1v1 is impossible too.

Nothing is possible if you want it to be.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★