Login

russian armor

USF vs. OKW December Patch

14 Dec 2015, 14:34 PM

I used to fight OKW before the patch pretty easy:
- went often double M20 (killed retreating units pretty easy this way)
- AA was used agianst blobs

My opinion to USF now:
- M20 almoust useless
- AA doesn´t do a thing to blobs (only surpression is still good)
- Volks with schrecks kills rifle man too easy (one schreck-shot instant-killed 2 guys in a squad)
- Jackson gets killed too easy
- I also think that Sherman is now less effective against inf (maybe I am wrong)
- In total, USF is weeker now against OKW

Question to you guys regarding USF:
1. How effective are BAR-rifles now? Never used them before - alsways went for M1919
2. Did granades changed? Before they were too week from my opinion.
3. Anybody uses AA?
4. What´s with the second special ability of stuart? What is it good for?
14 Dec 2015, 15:46 PM

I used to fight OKW before the patch pretty easy:
- went often double M20 (killed retreating units pretty easy this way)
- AA was used agianst blobs

My opinion to USF now:
- M20 almoust useless
- AA doesn´t do a thing to blobs (only surpression is still good)
- Volks with schrecks kills rifle man too easy (one schreck-shot instant-killed 2 guys in a squad)
- Jackson gets killed too easy
- I also think that Sherman is now less effective against inf (maybe I am wrong)
- In total, USF is weeker now against OKW

Question to you guys regarding USF:
1. How effective are BAR-rifles now? Never used them before - alsways went for M1919
2. Did granades changed? Before they were too week from my opinion.
3. Anybody uses AA?
4. What´s with the second special ability of stuart? What is it good for?

1. BAR are good since last summer. M1919 are better in open maps still
2. USF Grenades are a two edge sword, and slower than Volks flamnade so unless your opponent is sleepy, don't use them too much
3. AA is still good vs any infantry. Just don't use it alone with no support.
4. Stuart second ability is an engine damage shot, but it is a skill shot.

-M20 is far from useless, just keep it at distance.
-AA is still good vs any infantry. Just don't use it alone without spotter/support.
-Jackson is glasscannon, nothing new here.
-Yes USF is weaker than OKW or you can say OKW is by far the strongest faction at the moment. let them have their momentum until the Relic hammer nerf it to the ground.
14 Dec 2015, 17:03 PM

edited my previous comment: Off topic forgot this was team game thread haha
14 Dec 2015, 18:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Dec 2015, 15:46 PMEsxile

1. BAR are good since last summer. M1919 are better in open maps still
2. USF Grenades are a two edge sword, and slower than Volks flamnade so unless your opponent is sleepy, don't use them too much
3. AA is still good vs any infantry. Just don't use it alone with no support.
4. Stuart second ability is an engine damage shot, but it is a skill shot.

-M20 is far from useless, just keep it at distance.
-AA is still good vs any infantry. Just don't use it alone without spotter/support.
-Jackson is glasscannon, nothing new here.
-Yes USF is weaker than OKW or you can say OKW is by far the strongest faction at the moment. let them have their momentum until the Relic hammer nerf it to the ground.

I'm tired of OKW "moments". Please cite me a time when USF had a noticeable "moment" at least once.

The game is utterly not fun again with this OKW buff. Wish Relic would get their sh*t together. What's the count of balance patches for this game? Jeez.
14 Dec 2015, 20:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Dec 2015, 18:28 PMGhostTX

I'm tired of OKW "moments". Please cite me a time when USF had a noticeable "moment" at least once.

The game is utterly not fun again with this OKW buff. Wish Relic would get their sh*t together. What's the count of balance patches for this game? Jeez.

Before December patch USF was really really strong. November was thee USF momentum...we hope for April...
15 Dec 2015, 00:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Dec 2015, 20:55 PMkersal

Before December patch USF was really really strong. November was thee USF momentum...we hope for April...

Meh, I'll argue that. Nothing like OKW is or was in the past.
15 Dec 2015, 01:29 AM
Donator 11

What about UKF? :C
15 Dec 2015, 08:01 AM

Hey guys, I created this thread so that we can look for ways to counter the new OKW in 2v2s and up.

Cookiez and I have been experimenting with a build, which is pretty cheese, but seems to work all right.

Both players go Calliope Commander.

Player 1:

Rifle
Rifle
Rifle
LT
MG
CPT
ATG
M5 HT
M20 (for mines)
2 Calliopes
MJR
Jacksons

Player 2:

Rifle
Rifle
Rifle
Rifle (Optional)
CPT
Pak Howie
ATG
Pak Howie (If possible
Stuart (if fighting heavy mech build)
3 Calliopes
MJR
Jacksons

I've been struggling in 1v1's against OKW, every game the same, starting Sturm pio rushes my fuel, quickly backed by 2-3 volks, Kubel caps rest of map while fighting at my cutoff. Volks get upgraded with shreks, Stuart now has significantly less impact with so many shreks running around. Luchs around six minutes and I now have to worry about mines in the early game. Also, it seems like rifles don't push around Volks like they used to.

I lost 3 in a row before winning one. I did try airborne for the first time in a long time and had better luck with it. Adding a pathfinder to the mix seems to help rifles against volks.

If anyone is having success against good OKW players then please post a replay or two.
15 Dec 2015, 08:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Dec 2015, 08:01 AMGrumpy

I've been struggling in 1v1's against OKW, every game the same, starting Sturm pio rushes my fuel, quickly backed by 2-3 volks, Kubel caps rest of map while fighting at my cutoff. Volks get upgraded with shreks, Stuart now has significantly less impact with so many shreks running around. Luchs around six minutes and I now have to worry about mines in the early game. Also, it seems like rifles don't push around Volks like they used to.

I lost 3 in a row before winning one. I did try airborne for the first time in a long time and had better luck with it. Adding a pathfinder to the mix seems to help rifles against volks.

If anyone is having success against good OKW players then please post a replay or two.

You're exactly right. Volks buff pushed their early game over the edge, OKW are favored immensely in the early game vs good players. I've only managed to beat 1 player in the top 75, I beat a memeber of the HOI Clan 3 times in a row but he played like a bad not realizing that his early game was amazing and essentially allowing me to stall to the USF better mid-late game ( before KT comes).

That 12 damage volks buff was disaster.

I switched back to soviets though and can still win vs a few top 60 OKW becauses the clown car allows me to not outright lose the game and also at nades are infinitely better than at rifle grenades.

edit: Here are 2 replays vs him, didn't save the third

http://www.coh2.org/replay/46333/strong-okw

http://www.coh2.org/replay/46334/strong-okw-2

On open maps without infinite buildings sometimes the early game is fine, but I'm actually pretty confident its literally impossible to win on semoskiy vs any decent okw playing decently.
15 Dec 2015, 15:11 PM

You're exactly right. Volks buff pushed their early game over the edge, OKW are favored immensely in the early game vs good players. I've only managed to beat 1 player in the top 75, I beat a memeber of the HOI Clan 3 times in a row but he played like a bad not realizing that his early game was amazing and essentially allowing me to stall to the USF better mid-late game ( before KT comes).

I switched back to soviets though and can still win vs a few top 60 OKW becauses the clown car allows me to not outright lose the game and also at nades are infinitely better than at rifle grenades.

On open maps without infinite buildings sometimes the early game is fine, but I'm actually pretty confident its literally impossible to win on semoskiy vs any decent okw playing decently.

Thanks, I'll download and watch tonight. I had one match on Semoskiy and after seeing how it played out, added it to the veto list.
16 Dec 2015, 02:57 AM

Thank you! I watched both replays and got an idea of some of the things that I was doing wrong.
17 Dec 2015, 22:07 PM

Falls spam is the most cancerous bullshit I've ever faced.
6 Jan 2016, 21:47 PM

Falls spam is the most cancerous bullshit I've ever faced.

How? How'd a guy spam 440mp 4 man squads? Falls drop like flies IMO, but their dps and deployment style justifies the cost.
7 Jan 2016, 01:50 AM

They don't "drop like flies" if used properly.

Instantly winning a losing engagement by popping out a high-DPS unit is worth more than 440MP.
7 Jan 2016, 20:34 PM

They don't "drop like flies" if used properly.

Instantly winning a losing engagement by popping out a high-DPS unit is worth more than 440MP.

Plant mines at doorways, or use barbed wire.
7 Jan 2016, 21:15 PM
Senior Editor Badge

The problem with USF v OKW right now is that rifles need to get close to out dps the volks; with volks you just a move your blob and you're winning because you start doing good dps at 35m whereas BAR'd rifles have to close to mid/flame nade range.

flame nade needs a timer.
volks need less damage
volks need price increase to justify their performance, or nerfed.

This is why double M1919s are so good; you can then out dps volks at range, but this requires good unit preservation/decent muni income, both of which can be hard depending on a player's skill level.

This double USF strat is good because of the best allied artillery/m1919s/m20 mines that immobilize. Perhaps the biggest weakness would be 1 or 2 stuka zu fuss that can wipe AT guns/MGs.

Katyusha is not a substitute for calliope. It's shit and you can dodge the rockets rather easily. If you blob, that's your fault.

a few things in OKW that need to be changed:
No suppresion at vet 4 for Obers
Kubel needs to have normal or reduced capping rate (why do you need fast capping power when you have the fucking mobility??????????!!!!!!!!!)
Volks need nerf/p+rice increase
Sturmpios need to cost more mp to reinforce
and/or rifle/RE reinforce cost needs to be fixed; 25 for RE, 28 for rifle, 30 for sturmpio? that's stupid. Is volks reinforce cost still 25? That should be increased.
Veterancy requirements for volks should be increased, or increased when a schreck is purchased.
Why do volks have self-healing at vet 3?

OKW is just too fucking strong right now.
8 Jan 2016, 21:52 PM

May I ask why no one mentions the smoke ability ?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 51
Germany 29

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment