Login

russian armor

2v2 and upward are totally broken

PAGES (9)down
4 Dec 2015, 08:14 AM

I think that there's going to happend the same thing as with last patch.

First the win % are going to be fucked since something was changed more than the other and people have to learn new build etc to play effectively... And maybe after a month as people have learnt to play in new ways the game will become more balanced... Or the win % aren't going to change at all in which case it's a balance issue

We just need to wait, try new builds and see how eveything goes
4 Dec 2015, 08:15 AM

Haha. Dat expectation coming true. OKW in the balance mod was utterly broken compared to other factions. Try defeating an early luchs with brits. Go for PIATs? PIATs are a fucking joke, they don't hit moving targets at all. Go for AT? Yeah sure I'll go double AT for a luchs so I have no manpower for anything else.
Joke, joke, joke.
4 Dec 2015, 08:33 AM
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Dec 2015, 08:04 AMLooney
Maybe you try to adapt and actually prepare for shock units before posting axis opieop threads? An overhaul of a faction means that some of your old strategies don't work any longer.

+1
4 Dec 2015, 08:53 AM

Haha. Dat expectation coming true. OKW in the balance mod was utterly broken compared to other factions. Try defeating an early luchs with brits. Go for PIATs? PIATs are a fucking joke, they don't hit moving targets at all. Go for AT? Yeah sure I'll go double AT for a luchs so I have no manpower for anything else.
Joke, joke, joke.

I couldnt play recently, dont take this question for a flame or something, does AEC does his job against luch ?
4 Dec 2015, 09:02 AM

Luchs as always been a problem because of OKW blobby faction design and the effectiveness of combining both Blob and Luchs enough early when the opposition has only enough resource or to counter your blob or to counter the Luchs. I'm watching actually some live games on Twitch and from what I see OKW just need again to blob volks into Luchs into panther/Obers.

USF and OKW are two factions design around strong mobility so called Blob. Till the beginning Relic tried hard to balance it with counterparts, weak sides. Like for USF few support units, good but not really armored (with in compensation a fast repair ability) and no heavies (till the Pershing). OKW, few strong support units limited by resource starvation by access to super heavies. Now the resource starvation is gone we see the result, blob is more potent than ever and access to support and super heavies unit completely free.

This is not really a question of meta and adaptability, OKW can field a 3-4 minutes blob with good and easy to use AT and 6 minutes a unit that completely counter your anti-blob units.

Still I agree it is too early to say if OKW is OP in 1vs1. But there is no way to say wait and see in 3vs3-4vs4, those mode are now completely broken with this patch.

4 Dec 2015, 09:05 AM

OKW was born OP in some people's minds. Unless it's uterly shit, it's OP. :facepalm:

And let's forget about Ostheer. That faction is perfectly balanced, with its expensive teching, good for nothing grenadiers and Ostwinds hard countered by a few PTRSs.....
4 Dec 2015, 09:11 AM
Patrion 14

I couldnt play recently, dont take this question for a flame or something, does AEC does his job against luch ?

AEC is actually a very good unit to counter light vehicles; I'd say by far the best AT weapon against light vehicles for the 5-10 minute mark.

Luchs is hard countered by AEC; with tread break ability even more so.
4 Dec 2015, 09:11 AM

+1 exactly my thought. I have no idea how viable or good it is either tho. Should certainly beat the luchs but I don't know how well it works with schrecks running around.
4 Dec 2015, 09:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Dec 2015, 01:39 AMGdot
This blows (from a team games fanboi perspective)...

OKW a scaled resource income per game mode? (2s/3s/4s)
Rollback until patch thoroughly tested?
Help?

That's the solution to balance from 1v1 to 4v4 games.
4 Dec 2015, 09:24 AM

I am certainly no fan that the new fuel drops available in the updates OST doctrines do push the OKW to rush for a 12minute KT in 2on2 once again, covered by blobs of Schreks :(

Resource manipulation has not been removed, but actually buffed to the point players can manipulate other players' income.
4 Dec 2015, 09:28 AM

Pre-patch it was recognized that OKW were having problems. What were the problems? Their mainline infantry couldn't stand up to Allied infantry.

Community requests some love be given to volks.

Relic's response: Buff volks... and everything else about the faction.

Like I said in the pre-patch thread, who ever theory crafted this patch is an imbecile, or they have been listening to imbecile's.
4 Dec 2015, 09:28 AM

Permanently Banned
lol relic so hard fail. Its good that thay hear us, so good. Goliaf, OKW tech tree FailFish.
4 Dec 2015, 09:30 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Moved to COH2 Gameplay
4 Dec 2015, 09:39 AM

I am certainly no fan that the new fuel drops available in the updates OST doctrines do push the OKW to rush for a 12minute KT in 2on2 once again, covered by blobs of Schreks :(

Resource manipulation has not been removed, but actually buffed to the point players can manipulate other players' income.

If Ostheer is using all MP for fuel drop, and OKW is investing fuel and MP to rush 3 tech structures, its time to take control of all the map
4 Dec 2015, 10:02 AM

AEC was perfect against the luchs. Not to go head on and kill the tank, but to keep it on a distance.
It could also back up tanks and damage mediums and heavies. Not significantly, but just as a backup. It was in such a fucking perfect place.

Now, I don't know. I haven't tried it. I'm just not happy that they touched a unit that was in such a beautiful spot.
4 Dec 2015, 10:05 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Now, I don't know. I haven't tried it. I'm just not happy that they touched a unit that was in such a beautiful spot.

How did the AEC get changed again?
4 Dec 2015, 10:09 AM

How did the AEC get changed again?

Researching it got cost increase and it got tremendous cost increase, it was bit more expensive, bit more durable AT oriented Greyhound.

You could actually rely on spamming them to fight Ost P4s, OKW P4s and up still rolled over it easily.
4 Dec 2015, 10:11 AM
Patrion 14

Researching it got cost increase and it got tremendous cost increase.

Does it say that anywhere in the patch notes?
4 Dec 2015, 10:13 AM

Does it say that anywhere in the patch notes?

Its cost got increased for release, then tech cost got increased somewhere early, but no patch notes thread anymore so can't find it.

Stats weren't nerfe, but they weren't great to begin with, only penetration is good, but average one is still same as puma.

Its basically more expensive, lower range puma that fights inf even worse because of 50% worse coax mg and equally bad main cannon vs inf regardless of what people try to bs around.
4 Dec 2015, 10:17 AM
Patrion 14

Its cost got increased for release, then tech cost got increased somewhere early, but no patch notes thread anymore so can't find it.

What happened to make the AEC turn OP enough for the cost increase and why wasn't I there to see it. This just pushes UKF to t3 rushing even more instead of getting the t2 upgrades.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS