Login

russian armor

Will the Calliope have acess to its main gun?

19 Nov 2015, 20:11 PM

Title says it all, will the Sherman Calliope be able to use its main gun?
bC_
Only Relic postRelic 19 Nov 2015, 20:12 PM
Developer Relic Badge

no
19 Nov 2015, 20:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Nov 2015, 20:12 PMbC_
no

That was quick, thanks for the answer! :D
19 Nov 2015, 20:16 PM

rip
19 Nov 2015, 20:49 PM
Donator 11

haha thank god, would be totally op... FailFish
19 Nov 2015, 21:00 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Lessons from CoH1 learned.

Thanks Relic.
20 Nov 2015, 02:57 AM
Donator 33

What...but...oh well..The Issue on COH 1 was that people preferred to get the 600mp Sherman calliope with a working main gun, instead of investing fuel and mp for a normal sherman, but it seems that the problem has been avoided in COH 2 even before the release of the unit...
20 Nov 2015, 09:08 AM

Now let's see the tears of OKW player when 1 Callie barrage rekt their precious trucks.
21 Nov 2015, 06:52 AM

why do not you do kaleopu as a modification of the standard Sherman?
Sherman - buy ammunition for 150 - 48 missiles RGU. Loses 20% in speed and maneuverability. We get a standard Army RGU as an option to adapt to the battlefield.
Sherman - buy 120 rounds - extra armor = modification Sherman "JUMBO" - lost in the speed of 50%, but a powerful frontal armor and survivability.

A doctrine of heavy cavalry and "Kaliopi" transform the Steel Cavalry: - the ability to increase the flow of fuel and the M26 Pershing + to enhance the ability of engineers. The second doctrine: "Wild Fox" - a heavy assault infantry armored Rangers + unique + smoke shelling +105 mm stationary artillery. A Kaleopa and Jumbo - a late modification of the game - with the use of the Sherman Act.

US Keeps unique factions - the standard unit is upgraded to the battlefield to the situation. Arrows - get right rkchnoe heavy weapons: Bar or bazooka. Sherman tank upgrade in artillery or sponge damage.
21 Nov 2015, 07:00 AM

Now let's see the tears of OKW player when 1 Callie barrage rekt their precious trucks.

It wont, just as how Katy cannot rekt trucks in one go, the Calli will not do it.

Though it will survive a random Puma attack unlike Katy, maybe they will reduce the range to compensate.
21 Nov 2015, 07:25 AM

It wont, just as how Katy cannot rekt trucks in one go, the Calli will not do it.

Though it will survive a random Puma attack unlike Katy, maybe they will reduce the range to compensate.

Really I thought we would have 60-rocket barrage like vCOH. So how strong would rocket barrage be?
21 Nov 2015, 08:43 AM

They should let the main gun be toggle-able, but the barrage can not be used and will not cooldown while it's active. That, or give it a very weak gun like the Panzer IV Commander.

I don't see the point in them making a Tank with Rockets if you only use the Rockets part. Why not a Truck with Rockets if you only wanted the Rockets?
21 Nov 2015, 09:22 AM

Really I thought we would have 60-rocket barrage like vCOH. So how strong would rocket barrage be?

I doubt they will allow all 60 to be fired at a go. You know.... balance and all... So they probably wont allow it to kill OKW trucks like Air suprem.

If they do allow all 60, prepare for a targeting circle the size of the moon. or insanely weak damage per hit.
nee
21 Nov 2015, 10:53 AM

1) IS this an upgrade or a discrete unit?

2) Would this be better off as a off-map barrage?
21 Nov 2015, 12:21 PM

They should let the main gun be toggle-able, but the barrage can not be used and will not cooldown while it's active. That, or give it a very weak gun like the Panzer IV Commander.

I don't see the point in them making a Tank with Rockets if you only use the Rockets part. Why not a Truck with Rockets if you only wanted the Rockets?

+1
21 Nov 2015, 12:26 PM

Well I think that's cool because it would be a bit much and I don't think it was able to fire it's main IRL.

Although it's a bit late to tell them to make it a munition upgrade on vehicles, because relic doesn't change their mind on things this late and plus they are already working on balancing the commander and call in, I think it's a spectacular idea. It makes sense, adds to the USF some barrage unit that it could use, and basically just gives them more capability. Maybe too much, and that's why they made it commander specific?
21 Nov 2015, 13:40 PM

PointIng out the obvious but a tank is more durable and doenst die to the slightest windblow like katy/panzerwerfer
21 Nov 2015, 16:57 PM
Donator 11

+2
21 Nov 2015, 17:06 PM
Donator 11

Knowing how current rocket artillery units work in game, having to close to minimal range to barrage effectively, it makes sense to have rocket louncher on tank chassis even if it has no gun. In fact it will probably be the best even without it. Just because it can close up and shoot its rockets under fire. For example pzwerfer also has to be really close but it dies to one shot. In this game rocket artillery isn't just sitting at the rear and barraging, it takes part in fighting on frontline.

The unit will also probably have some mg and ability to crush so the AI will be delivered :megusta:

Ballance wise giving it a gun would make sense only if its reload was like sturmtigers one. With all offensive systems disabled during reload and every shot cousing abandoned crit. Sadly it will probably be the same hop-out bullshit priest has :hansREKT:
22 Nov 2015, 06:37 AM

I think - it is better to buy Sherman. It served its purpose, and then I upgrade it. Or kaleopa - if I need artillery or Jumbo, if I need a battering ram. It spravidlivie than playing as the Red Army - waiting for the release of the doctrine of elite art.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight