Login

russian armor

Balance Preview Patchnotes

PAGES (58)down
20 Nov 2015, 03:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Nov 2015, 09:56 AMMuxsus
Quite a promising patch, fixes a lot of issues with OKW and some others too. However I have a problem with it:
The infantry section nerf is probably heavier than relic realizes (vet nerf is fine though), since they have next to no cooldown (most of the time between shots is winddown). This means that decreasing the out-of-cover penalty barely does anything (0.2 DPS at close range), while the other nerfs are massive. Playtesting IS (4 man) vs Grens:
-IS is slightly better than grens out of cover
-IS is better when both in cover
-IS is worse than lmg grens out of cover
-IS is slightly worse than lmg grens when both in cover
The biggest offender is lmg grens actually winning when both are in cover.
This makes infantry sections obsolete without 5 man upgrade or brens since they don't have the utility of grens or the fighting power of riflemen. The changes need to be reverted except vet nerf.

The problem here is that you're pitting an upgraded squad vs a non-upgraded squad. One side is always going to have an advantage when something has been invested in them.
Infantry sections might not have all the utility of grens but they still pack quite a punch.
20 Nov 2015, 03:58 AM

now suppression of LEIG and Pack howies is gone can we got auto rotation back?
20 Nov 2015, 04:04 AM

and where love for the KV-1 and penal?
20 Nov 2015, 04:27 AM

fair enough
20 Nov 2015, 04:31 AM

YAY! No more suppression on LEIG and Howies XD
20 Nov 2015, 04:33 AM

There is nothing can honestly justify the price for anvil, to be honest.

Churchil 180 fuel (not to mention the resource you pay to upgrade anvil) is way too overpriced for its performance.

No way in the world, one pays 70 munitions to upgrade your RE to make them way too slow, like NO WAY.
20 Nov 2015, 05:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Nov 2015, 04:33 AMAladdin
There is nothing can honestly justify the price for anvil, to be honest.

Churchil 180 fuel (not to mention the resource you pay to upgrade anvil) is way too overpriced for its performance.

No way in the world, one pays 70 munitions to upgrade your RE to make them way too slow, like NO WAY.

The Churchill is the only heavy tank which doesn't have a number limit now. And 180 fuel is for its huge healthpool which is the most of the whole game. Thanks to Relic!!

The Royal slow moving penalty removed? Ok then remove its 2.0 armor too.
20 Nov 2015, 05:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Nov 2015, 04:27 AMAladdin

fair enough

FFFair EEEnough
20 Nov 2015, 05:28 AM
aaa
20 Nov 2015, 05:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Nov 2015, 02:34 AMbC_

Volks cost increase from 235 to 250

if they gonna be better then reinforcement 23x5=115 per squad is low. Cost of a squad is less important
20 Nov 2015, 06:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Nov 2015, 21:14 PMEsxile
I'm really concern about OKW having

1- best starting close combat unit (Sturms) with a price decreased
Sure they had the price decreased, but it's still an appropriate cost. Also, while they're an excellent close combat unit that's just where they're supposed to succeed, it's like saying Riflemen are the best starting mainline unit, it's a fact but not a problem.
2- best stock elite infantry (Obers) cheapest ammo cost/effective LMG
There isn't even any stock elite infantry to my knowledge (besides PzGrens?), what are you even comparing them to, if not call-in units? Because of course they'll be able to beat standard infantry, there's a reason they cost more.
3- best pop out from building elite infantry (falls) full dps right from the bat
What do you mean by best? Are you comparing them to other squads purely by stats? I can easily point to scenarios where partisans, for example, are a better unit. Or the fact that fall's costs are definitely a big hindrance if they sustain even a minor amount of casualties.
Plus, "full dps right from the bat", are you just saying that they have no default weapon upgrades? If so, than that also describes shocktroops, commandos, pathfinders, rear echelons, Lt, Captain, ostruppen, assault grens and even conscripts. I will say though, I agree that house spawning is dumb, if it were up to me, they would have to parachute in and risk damage like paratroopers.

4- best pop out from building sniper squad (Jaegers) full dps right from the bat
First off, they're the only unit that can deploy from a building that can snipe. Also they're supposed to work as a sniper unit for the OKW, that's their purpose. They're a doctrinal unit that ends up filling a void that a sniper unit would. Pathfinders are similar and can place radio beacons while having a bit less dps, equally useful units imo.
5- best long range survivability/dps squad (pfuss) upgrade requiring cheap munition cost
and now
Again, I'd point to comparable squads, paratroopers and their mg upgrade, for example. PzFusiliers are intended to be long range, I don't see how that's unfair.
-6 mainline base infantry squad IA dps buffed and still having shreck upgrade at disposal for the same price
I actually totally agree, the PzSchreck upgrade is a huge flaw in the squad design and should probably be replaced with a snare. Portable AT troops shouldn't be mainline infantry.
-7 Let's do not forget the only vehicle which is cheap and fuel free having good AI dps, fast capping power and good front and back armor.
It costs no fuel because OKW start with no fuel. It falls off after the opening game and capping is in the end not worth having no way to suppress units

Additionally, T1 flak-HT, T2 Luch that not going to be restricted anymore. And still Raken in T0.

If we compare it with USF, it is like putting ATgun TO with no restriction and T1 freely unlocking Zooks, grenades and ambulance.
First, Raken isn't as damaging as the other at guns although the cloaking does need to be looked at, unlocking okw grenades should end up costing roughly 45fuel, (I may be off on the math)zooks are cheaper than schrecks of course, and ambulance is already at tier 0

Volks supported by kubel/sturm are now going to go toes to toes with rifles. Good good.
In what scenario? I'm sure that in some cases volks supported by units that compliment them could beat riflemen before this patch. That's true of any unit.
So my question is what are the OKW drawbacks? Where are the crucial choices you need to take in order to build your strategy if anything is available whenever you go T0/T1 or T0/T2?
Whenever you go T0/T1 or T0/T2 you have ATgun and good AI vehicles. The only decision you make are:

Do I want shreck or puma to support my Raken
shreck's aren't dependent on your choice.
Do I want ISG or Walking Stuka to arty
They're used quite differently, that's like asking if I wanted a mortar or a katyusha
Do I prefer Flak-HT or Luch for IA support
again two units that fight very differently.
Do I prefer heal station or repair station (for free)
Every faction has different ways to heal units and okw is no exception

Nothing really about decision making that impact your gameplay like
Sov going T1 or T2 (aggressive no AT or defensive relying only on cons + callin) + what upgrade to unlock and in which order
Ostheer skipping T1 or T2 (or not but this is the army flavor)
USF going T1 or T2 (AI or AT) + what upgrade to unlock and in which order
I guess I agree. okw is basically the same as ukf right now

I'm not a complete expert on the game of course and I am definitely open to being proven wrong, but I just didn't see how alot of these points made any sense. If I fucked up completely somewhere and like misread then I apologize, I'm not trying to be a prick, these just felt like unfair points.
20 Nov 2015, 06:01 AM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Nov 2015, 05:50 AMaaa

if they gonna be better then reinforcement 23x5=115 per squad is low. Cost of a squad is less important

That's not how it works.

Volks would be 25 per model with the update if they followed the normal way.

50(volk model cost) * 5 = 250
50/0.5(squad reinforce modifier) = 25 reinforce per entity.

Also thank god for suppression removal from the pack howie and leig. Lost games where I should have won because the Leigs stopped any sort of infantry push from supporting armour or capturing on territory on smaller maps. They're still going to be very good as both units are currently armed with GPS guided rounds making their scatter minimal even at long distances.
20 Nov 2015, 06:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Nov 2015, 05:01 AMatouba

The Churchill is the only heavy tank which doesn't have a number limit now. And 180 fuel is for its huge healthpool which is the most of the whole game. Thanks to Relic!!

The Royal slow moving penalty removed? Ok then remove its 2.0 armor too.

U pay the price of a tiger to get a Churchill out man! And why should one pays such a price for such a tank?! What usage it has to justify such a price?! Yes it has a high HP, but nothing else to justify its price and convincing to purchase it

20 Nov 2015, 06:19 AM

Now we can finally revert that,autofacing so xii dontneed to micro mortar cause its right Now a mortar
20 Nov 2015, 06:21 AM

I'd gladly trade no suppression + a slight accuracy reduction for auto facing back on pack howie/ISG
20 Nov 2015, 06:34 AM

So relic increased volksgrenadiers damage by 20% and increased their cost by 5%? Fuk logic lelic.

Increase volksgrenadiers price propotional to dps buff by 20% - to 280 manpower or remove damage buff.
20 Nov 2015, 06:40 AM

the vet nerfs on the okw infy doesn't make sense...firs of all they cost manpower so no benefit for them from resoruce income and these expensive units get stomped rifles so more vet nerf on them doesn't makes sense or maybe make base units ober or falls better
20 Nov 2015, 07:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Nov 2015, 06:34 AMNEVEC
So relic increased volksgrenadiers damage by 20% and increased their cost by 5%? Fuk logic lelic.

Increase volksgrenadiers price propotional to dps buff by 20% - to 280 manpower or remove damage buff.

what are you smoking man. they buffed volks because they get run over in the early game. if u both buff and nerf them equally then nothing changes.
20 Nov 2015, 07:14 AM

Please buff the Hetzer and sexton.
20 Nov 2015, 07:17 AM

Now that the ISG suppression has been removed OKW should get a stock MG34. Blobbing backed up with one AT gun is otherwise too strong.
PAGES (58)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS