Login

russian armor

Change Trip Wire Flares?

Change Vet1 Trip Wire Flares in some fashion?
Option Distribution Votes
76%
24%
Total votes: 38
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
17 Nov 2015, 14:49 PM

Long story short, a lot of people have probably never even used the vet 1 ability for Russians with the trip wire flares as it's extremely underwhelming.. I've done a lot of testing with them, and they are not worth the munitions or micro imo. In regards to some suggestions, maybe change it so the trip wire flares actually last longer, or just way cheaper. Or maybe they should just give them to engineers and maybe snipers, and give something useful to the Russian combat troops like Hurrah to the non-conscript units, or just another generic combat modifier.

Regardless of my particular suggestions, do you think they should change vet1 for most of the Russian troops with trip wire flares in some fashion?
17 Nov 2015, 14:50 PM

Tripwire flare can activate Demos :snfPeter:

#themoreyouknow
17 Nov 2015, 14:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Nov 2015, 14:50 PMShanka
Tripwire flare can activate Demos

#themoreyouknow

Yes, I've actually done it in my testing, but demos are best left alone imo. A lot of times it's better to wait for the axis to get close to assure the entire troop is in the demo radius. Plus it's more munitions for an already expensive mine. But that is a valid point, but in automatches, it's better to make sure that 90 munitions is well spent imo.
17 Nov 2015, 15:00 PM

Yes, I've actually done it in my testing, but demos are best left alone imo. A lot of times it's better to wait for the axis to get close to assure the entire troop is in the demo radius. Plus it's more munitions for an already expensive mine. But that is a valid point, but in automatches, it's better to make sure that 90 munitions is well spent imo.

Yes OFC but i ilke to place some "auto-demos" which grant you an auto kill on P4 and everything else look

But yes, i'm for keeping tripwire flare on cons, but not on shocks and gaurd i mean wtf, those are meant to be elite troops :foreveralone:
17 Nov 2015, 15:39 PM

The only fix I think it needs is a lower set up time. If it can be planted faster, I'd have a lot more incentive to plant it. 10 muni for 1-2 model kills isn't too bad. That, and vision.
17 Nov 2015, 15:49 PM

Demos do muchn more damage if they get detonated by some exposion (trip wire , mine , grenade) that if you detonate them manualy - i dont know why it is like that but its true fack.

Please keep in mind they will kill one model and give you vision for only 10 munition.

Yes all what they need is to reduce placing time to 6 seconds and to 4 second on elite infantry (shocks , guards)
17 Nov 2015, 15:50 PM

I'll just leave it here...

17 Nov 2015, 15:51 PM

I love my 10 muni mini Soviet S-mines, leave them alone :foreveralone: Btw I once wiped a whole squad with tripewire flare at building entrance. #workingasintended
17 Nov 2015, 16:55 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Needs a faster set up time.
17 Nov 2015, 17:21 PM

Currently they cannot be queued with SHIFT. They would be more useful if it would be possible to queue them instead building one at a time.
17 Nov 2015, 18:09 PM

10 munitions for a guaranteed model wipe and possible squad wipe + recon flare. That they're available to all offensive infantry units is also a big advantage.

I don't think they're underwhelming. I think they're very good.

Axis already have to limit their movements & harrassment because of demo/mines while soviets do not. I don't think that making them faster to plant is a good idea.
17 Nov 2015, 18:35 PM

Leave it. It's fine.
17 Nov 2015, 19:05 PM
Donator 33

10 munitions for a guaranteed model wipe and possible squad wipe + recon flare. That they're available to all offensive infantry units is also a big advantage.

I don't think they're underwhelming. I think they're very good.

Axis already have to limit their movements & harrassment because of demo/mines while soviets do not. I don't think that making them faster to plant is a good idea.

Demos have been targetable for quite some time now with more than adequate detection radius. S mines are not targetable, cheap, plant like lightning, are dangerous to defuse with troops or require the time of a vehicle (something clever players have learnt, so they add a teller) or wasting munitions or time to barrage (SU76 exempt) to clear the clusters.

Axis do not suffer the same waste of time or limited mobility defusing/destroying mines that allied factions do. One grenade, mine gone. Detect and target demo gone. If you are suffering movement problems against allied mines, more than likely you are lacking in the detection department.

Personally I like the flare mines right where they are, but thier plant time and the USF mine plant time compared to S Mine field is s complete joke. 1 mine vs 4 clusters and the new USF mine is done by the time half the S mine field is done.
17 Nov 2015, 19:22 PM

Out of all the suggestions I've read so far, I like the idea of faster laying times. Even that would be okay enough to make it useful. Need concept, but not realistic in automatches. Should I have my elite troops on the front line, or setting up flares behind the lines? lol As I mentioned in the OP, I don't think it's worth the micro in that you have to:

1.) see if you unit has the ability (obviously an extremely minor detail but it adds to the time)

2.) You can't shift order (forgot about that one, thanks for mentioning
it), so that means you can't have your one squad set up a bunch while you micro other things

3.) Takes too long to set up

If you removed 2 & 3 from that list that would grant more usability.
17 Nov 2015, 19:33 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

They need to be able to shift order and set up faster,and they become the most Dank Vet 1 ability in the game.
17 Nov 2015, 19:35 PM

Just give them shif order que , that woul be awesome
17 Nov 2015, 19:51 PM
Donator 33

But I will say it's a almost hallucinogenic feeling when you have the patience to cluster 4 of these and a Wher sniper walks on it, and gets a kiss concert pyrotechnic send off.
17 Nov 2015, 20:06 PM

Currently they cannot be queued with SHIFT. They would be more useful if it would be possible to queue them instead building one at a time.

THIS.

That would make them even more usable than a shorter setup time. (Though both would be great.)
17 Nov 2015, 20:30 PM

They're good, BUT: Take it off of every single infantry except Conscripts, because currently, every single soviet infantry has it.

Elite Infantry like Guards and Shocks need a useful vet 1 ability.
17 Nov 2015, 21:38 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Nov 2015, 20:30 PMF1sh
They're good, BUT: Take it off of every single infantry except Conscripts, because currently, every single soviet infantry has it.

Elite Infantry like Guards and Shocks need a useful vet 1 ability.

+1 Same with medkits on OH units
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS