Login

russian armor

Adjust JP4 cloak range

15 Nov 2015, 22:26 PM
Donator 11

The cloak on the Jagpnzr 4 is well... incredibly good. The only downside is its loss of rear vision and a slightly slower movement speed. Closing the distance on the Jp4 is almost impossible as infantry cant keep up with its speed and the cloak range requiring you to get super close (almost touching) close. It makes it very hard if not impossible to counter.
The high frontal armor of the unit also makes countering it with AT guns a minor counter as often times the rounds bounce.

This leads to a tricky balance situation. The high combo of Frontal armor, small decloak range, high reverse speed, and with vet a high ROF/damage. I like the idea of the cloak but I think the unit needs more ways to be countered.

Maybe adjust it so it cant cloak while on the move or make its cloak time have a set up or something.
15 Nov 2015, 22:36 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Make cloak not work while in combat, is fixed.
15 Nov 2015, 22:36 PM

I hate it when playing agasint OKW... It's like Harry's cloak of invisibility.

Love it when playing as OKW to see how enemy's tank loses target :megusta:

Should be adjusted so you cannot turn it on after first shot, during combat.

I still have nightmares when my 3 T34/76 went across whole map to flank JPIV but it was appearing and dissapearing all the time...
15 Nov 2015, 22:42 PM
Donator 11

Should only cloak in cover :banana:
15 Nov 2015, 22:44 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Oh you!
15 Nov 2015, 22:48 PM

Excellent idea! Remove crush and give it vault cover functionality.

Oh actually, thinking about it, this indirectly buffs Rifle Company as a green cover JPIV will take more flame damage, and we can't be having any more Rifle Company buffs :snfPeter:
15 Nov 2015, 22:50 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Nov 2015, 22:48 PMSwift

Excellent idea! Remove crush and give it vault cover functionality.

Oh actually, thinking about it, this indirectly buffs Rifle Company as a green cover JPIV will take more flame damage, and we can't be having any more Rifle Company buffs :snfPeter:

We have 14mm sniper, why cant we have 75mm one? :clap:
15 Nov 2015, 22:52 PM

The cloak is annoying when you're chasing it with a tank and "poof" it cloaks away
15 Nov 2015, 23:05 PM

indeed out of cover would be fair, then you've to keep your eye on it actually.
15 Nov 2015, 23:17 PM
Donator 11

indeed out of cover would be fair, then you've to keep your eye on it actually.

I dont think u get it lol :snfPeter::snfPeter:
16 Nov 2015, 00:38 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Fix tulips on firefly along with it,reduce su-76 penetration too,and nerf churchill crocodile as well.

It was inevitable that even the last surviving OKW armour was going to get the call to be 'fixed'.Truly allied fanboys,you already butchered OKW faction to a broken skeleton..still not satisfied.

Ok, I see what you're saying. So, Incendiary Grenades should be removed, Sturmpioneers should be able to build things, Raketens shouldn't be able to cloak, Fallschirmjaegers shouldn't have cloak and abilities, and ISG shouldn't suppress. That the root of it?
16 Nov 2015, 00:53 AM
Donator 33

Austerlitz, you are beginning to seem like the man who was never happy in COH 2.

Lol the point blank cloak of invisibility is pretty silly man and no Allied tank can play the poof gone game in that manner. You shouldn't be able to break the attack of an enemy attempting to get around your JP4 by simply going cloak, safe.
16 Nov 2015, 01:34 AM

*cough* Armoured vehicle detection *cough* *cough* Mark target *cough* *cough* tracking *cough*

The detection radius is already pretty generous. And the way to kill jp4 is generally to flank it with something with a big gun on it anyway. You can also just smoke it off to neuter it from participating in an engagement.

Does anyone know if recon planes reveal it?

You can also use attack ground to reveal it, if you manage to hit it.

16 Nov 2015, 01:54 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

*cough* Armoured vehicle detection *cough* *cough* Mark target *cough* *cough* tracking *cough*

The detection radius is already pretty generous. And the way to kill jp4 is generally to flank it with something with a big gun on it anyway. You can also just smoke it off to neuter it from participating in an engagement.

Does anyone know if recon planes reveal it?

You can also use attack ground to reveal it, if you manage to hit it.

Uhhh, ain't those literally all Soviet tools?

The thing is when JPIV doesn't use it, then it gets flanked and hits camo while reversing to turn itself invisible and likely cause a shot to miss it while probably causing the flanker to be re-microed to attack ground or continue chasing after it - the time of either taking to reveal it again can be fairly significant, to say nothing of how very annoying it is for the flanker to have to suddenly micro and adapt to the camo.

No clue.

True, it if hits, but it's pretty valuable with what I said two paragraphs up.

(For fairness, I'd also prefer Commandos not be capable of such insta-cloaking either, but at least they ain't freaking tanks when they Predator cloak...)
16 Nov 2015, 02:03 AM

have u tried using attack ground
16 Nov 2015, 02:05 AM
Patrion 28

the cloak mechanics need a rework and the damage bonus needs to be something else. the rest of the tank is fine.

yes, i have. tanks are moving in to engage jpIV, jpIV cloaks, turrets rotate towards a different target, i order them to attack ground, the tanks stop moving, the turret rotate, they fire, they miss, the jpIV shoots and does lots of damage, the tanks are reloading, the jpIV cloaks, turrets rotate to a different target, etc... additionally, several of the brit tanks are hit scan weapons and cannot take advantage of attack ground.
16 Nov 2015, 02:06 AM
Donator 11

You can use attack ground but if you are chasing it as Vuther pointed it the camo can activate. In order to attack ground the unit stops to fire meaning if the JP4 is backing up you'll quickly get out ranged.

16 Nov 2015, 02:07 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

the cloak mechanics need a rework and the damage bonus needs to be something else. the rest of the tank is fine.

Yeah, not a fan of it one-shotting lights while invisible (Related note, FUCKING VET 3 FIREFLIES). I'd change the damage to a reload bonus for the subsequent shot instead.
16 Nov 2015, 02:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Nov 2015, 02:06 AMMittens

You can use attack ground but if you are chasing it as Vuther pointed it the camo can activate. In order to attack ground the unit stops to fire meaning if the JP4 is backing up you'll quickly get out ranged.

yes but you can also use attack ground behind where the JP4 was heading and still hit it if the ground is level
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight