Login

russian armor

[Sov][1v1] Lend Lease: Exploitation of tech free tanks

20 Nov 2015, 15:11 PM

Dude ostheer can do the same with StuG into tiger and pac wall :D.

Yes and I am opposed to that as well
20 Nov 2015, 15:16 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

In my days we complained about double 800HP tanks call ins not mere 640HP single tank :P
20 Nov 2015, 15:36 PM

In my days we complained about double 800HP tanks call ins not mere 640HP single tank :P

Lol I remember those days too. :D

But e8 used to be 640hp, single call-in too when it got restricted.
20 Nov 2015, 15:39 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Nov 2015, 15:36 PMJunaid

Lol I remember those days too. :D

But e8 used to be 640hp, single call-in too when it got restricted.

And it was still meh. You'll rather have the AI of the normal sherman or the AT of Jackson.
20 Nov 2015, 15:57 PM

And it was still meh. You'll rather have the AI of the normal sherman or the AT of Jackson.

I'd rather have AT of Wolverine and... AI of Wolverine :D
20 Nov 2015, 16:06 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I'd rather have AT of Wolverine and... AI of Wolverine :D

But that's now. Back in time, it just had 400hp.
20 Nov 2015, 16:44 PM

Yes but the intent of the thread wasnt to complain about M4C shermans as such. Its just like; ok he has the potential to go sherman, and can do so irrespective of his tech status. So I pretty much HAVE to tech and waste mp and fuel to prepare for a possible sherman.

Which basically is the age old call-in tank meta issue which was resolved by restricting the said callins (e8, t85) to tech buildings. All I ask is the same be done for all other callins. Its not like cons are a complete shit joke anymore, like they were before, so I don't see why LL (and for that matter Mech Assault) get a free pass in this regard. [Because I too, recall the age old refrain 'but LL doesn't have shocks/guards and cons are crap, except its not valid anymore. The world's moved on. Time LL did too]

I mean, everyone agrees callins should be restricted to tech except here where they don't. I don't understand the logical disconnect.
20 Nov 2015, 17:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Nov 2015, 12:29 PMJunaid

spamming scripts. Which gave him the early game advantage. Through attrition

So build 3 mg's or whatever. You can cost effectively counter + bleed such an army as ostheet or OKW. Just comes down to who positions their units better.
21 Nov 2015, 09:18 AM

So build 3 mg's or whatever. You can cost effectively counter + bleed such an army as ostheet or OKW. Just comes down to who positions their units better.

Yes I know, that was my second mistake, not recognizing his strat.

My main point is that LL enables this kind of play too well. As in the mp advantage is too high. Its too cost effective.
21 Nov 2015, 09:27 AM
Patrion 27

Tried it out for the first time in a long time and it felt OP. The DShK fixes have made it quite formidable. I look forward to running Lend-Lease and Industry in the same loadout both with Supply Drop :D

21 Nov 2015, 09:43 AM

Your going about it backwards to think he will end up with a call in sherman, so Ive got to get AT asap. The far more pressing problem is the waves of inf you might get crushed under.

Answer, quickly teck your AI options, and punish his lack of teck. 10 CP is a long time to wait in the face of flame HT, Scout cars, command P4 etc.

You have to try take control of the game, and worry about teck after.

There is no better example than with OKW, yeah they really need to get some form of AT vehicle out as soon as they can, but often peoples 1st choice is a luchs, because the inf is a more pressing problem. Use the Luchs right, and map control goes to you, which lets you teck.

You cant teck successfully when your getting bullied on the map.
21 Nov 2015, 10:21 AM

Your going about it backwards to think he will end up with a call in sherman, so Ive got to get AT asap. The far more pressing problem is the waves of inf you might get crushed under.

Answer, quickly teck your AI options, and punish his lack of teck. 10 CP is a long time to wait in the face of flame HT, Scout cars, command P4 etc.

You have to try take control of the game, and worry about teck after.

There is no better example than with OKW, yeah they really need to get some form of AT vehicle out as soon as they can, but often peoples 1st choice is a luchs, because the inf is a more pressing problem. Use the Luchs right, and map control goes to you, which lets you teck.

You cant teck successfully when your getting bullied on the map.

Ty for the advice. My problem was that I didn't realize exactly what he was doing early enough. An mg bunker would have stopped him cold.

AND ty for being probably the first person in this thread who realizes that its those 'waves of infantry' which I am talking about and not the fuel drop or the sherman itself.

My point, balance wise, is that LL and/or Mech assault make this kind of thing much more possible than it would be otherwise. Compared to, say, Guard motor. Which is an unfair advantage.
21 Nov 2015, 10:49 AM

It is the same nonsense with t2 into IS2 or Ostheer t2 with CAS support which doesn´t require to get any armor out :foreveralone: (but luckily this is getting resolved now)
21 Nov 2015, 10:59 AM

It is the same nonsense with t2 into IS2 or Ostheer t2 with CAS support which doesn´t require to get any armor out :foreveralone: (but luckily this is getting resolved now)

Exactly so. I dislike all these. I also dislike ost T2 into Tigers
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 41
Russian Federation 28
United States 12
unknown 6
unknown 5

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W