Login

russian armor

SVT-40's

8 Nov 2015, 19:12 PM

This idea is partly a slight Guard redesign and part con weapon package discussion.

One of the biggest problems with Guards atm is the "dancing" they do when not ordered to stand perfectly still. I also find that their effectiveness vs infantry is somewhat neutered by their default PTRS's.

I propose that Guards spawn in with 6 SVT-40's, befitting their status as better equipped elite infantry, and the ability to acquire either 2x PTRS's or 2x DP-28's. I feel this would make them less of a vehicle soft counter panic button and more like the elite infantry they're supposed to be.

My second proposal is a alteration of the con PPSH package to include 3 PPSH's and 3 SVT-40's. The price would naturally have to be increased to address the increase in firepower, but I feel like it would make builds without elite infantry a lot more viable. The package would remain doctrinal however.

Let me know what you think.
8 Nov 2015, 19:16 PM

I love the idea of 2XPTRS or 2XDP28 with 6 SVT-40 at beginning,

but not PPSH idea, if so, I'd prefer a con/w PPSH 24/7,

+1, and after these change, I will still pick shocks, they survive. :luvCarrot:
8 Nov 2015, 19:27 PM

How about 3 PTRS for the upgrade, PTRS are still pretty bad.
8 Nov 2015, 19:45 PM

Guards are fine as they are now that PTRS is somewhat useful vs infantry as well, all they need is AI fix so they don't dance.
8 Nov 2015, 20:02 PM

Isn't SVT-40 like the worst rifle in the game? I mean, look at Penals.
8 Nov 2015, 20:18 PM

fix so they don't dance.

this 1 is a +10

hate it when in usefull situation, turn out to be useless as well cause of dancing is more important than shooting
8 Nov 2015, 21:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Nov 2015, 20:02 PMRMMLz
Isn't SVT-40 like the worst rifle in the game? I mean, look at Penals.

Uh no, if you want to be technical, the weapon crew Mosin-Nagant is the worst weapon in the game, not counting unused weapons. It does 1.2 dps, half that of the Osttruppen Kar 98 out of cover.

The SVT isn't the best rifle in the game, but it's hardly a bad one. It just needs to be up close, because the range drop off is worse than the conscript Mosin-Nagant.
8 Nov 2015, 21:51 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Guards Mosin are good actually. They just need to tell them to stop dancing.
8 Nov 2015, 22:35 PM
Donator 11

Guards are fine as they are now that PTRS is somewhat useful vs infantry as well, all they need is AI fix so they don't dance.

They dance because they have 2 different upgrades, one that is AI and another that is AT. It means that want to prioritise one and then if they want to prioritise another they need to reposition. Same goes for captain (thompson and zooks) and any other infantry that has such a gimmicky weapon choice. Making them to choose between upgrades would most probably solve dancing problem.
8 Nov 2015, 23:52 PM

They dance because they have 2 different upgrades, one that is AI and another that is AT. It means that want to prioritise one and then if they want to prioritise another they need to reposition. Same goes for captain (thompson and zooks) and any other infantry that has such a gimmicky weapon choice. Making them to choose between upgrades would most probably solve dancing problem.

They dance, because they have shitty cover seeking twitching that ALL squads used to have and relic decided to fix them all, every single one-except guards.

You're talking about situations where both vehicles and infantry are present.

Guards dance even if single squad is before them.
9 Nov 2015, 00:15 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Not true.

The last time this topic came up, I explained that it was because of their AI plan or whatever that guards and all officer units have.

It's not mixed weapons..
It's squad AI which literally could be changed with a copy paste.
9 Nov 2015, 00:21 AM

Not true.

The last time this topic came up, I explained that it was because of their AI plan or whatever that guards and all officer units have.

It's not mixed weapons..
It's squad AI which literally could be changed with a copy paste.

Apparently the British officer has it too. They did that on purpose. So, I would call it a "feature" - "working as intended".... lelic :loco:
9 Nov 2015, 00:42 AM

I agree that SVT-40s need to be implemented for more units but I don't think on guards.

I feel that guards are meant to fill a long range, anti-light vehicle, rifle unit but giving them 6 SVT's turns them more into close range units which shocks better fill the role.

I think giving conscripts the option to upgrade from mosin's to SVT-40's might be better as a non-doctrinal option to making them perform better in close combat.
9 Nov 2015, 01:50 AM

I think SVT-40s on Penals only is fine, but Penals should be buffed. Remove flamethrower and buff rifle stats.
9 Nov 2015, 06:17 AM

Uh no, if you want to be technical, the weapon crew Mosin-Nagant is the worst weapon in the game, not counting unused weapons. It does 1.2 dps, half that of the Osttruppen Kar 98 out of cover.

The SVT isn't the best rifle in the game, but it's hardly a bad one. It just needs to be up close, because the range drop off is worse than the conscript Mosin-Nagant.

Thanks for reminding me that, but I meant SVTs as semi automatics on a main infantry. I think weapon crew MP40s are even worse. But anyway, I think (not sure about stats) that giving guards SVTs would be a nerf. Mosins are fine IMO, so are guards.
9 Nov 2015, 21:54 PM

Sounds cool.

Can we fix their insta-gib thermonuclear grenade while we're at it?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★