Login

russian armor

King Tiger

PAGES (9)down
9 Nov 2015, 16:39 PM

So many people just rush it forward cause hey, it's a KT and it can kill everything.

False.

I think it's a L2P issue here and I don't say that often.

I don't think so, it has poor range, it has virtually no armor, even su76 can reliably pen it and it is slow. I think it needs some changes, but not to the point where it can 1v5 usf at guns, like before.
9 Nov 2015, 17:26 PM

No armor buff, maybe slight HP buff and a speed buff to both movement and turret. The problem is they gave it both a slow turret and slow movement, so anything that doesn't die to its first shot(any allied tank)will be able to flank it to death, yes even the Stuart and T70 (given the time, although given the KT speed it can't really get away) can kite this unit to death. The problem with this being an AI point holder is that then you can't get any other armor for a while, given its unit cost plus the tech cost. Allies can exploit this weakness with a swarm of medium tanks to overwhelm even shrek blobs.
9 Nov 2015, 17:37 PM

Absolutely no change in range. Currently it has 45 range, with 5 more range it will be able to serious threaten all dedicated AT units. This is especially problematic for USF which rely on Jacksons (or Wolverines) to attack the KT by kiting it. One wrong pathing issue, which it will definitely have, and the USF TD will be dead.

The tank is not a tank, it is a turret on wheels. Use it as such and you will find it quite amazing. It is able to sit on a point and just snipe units that try to move forward.

In smaller games this tank is less useful because of the huge fuel investment. In larger team games this unit is still performing very well. As a player who played through the large game Axis rofl stomp period of 2014 I really hesitate to give any buffs to this unit, which can already be built with a command panther, or a JT in those formats, and frequently works with those units in those game modes.
9 Nov 2015, 18:30 PM

It does not need more range. 45 range and reliably killing 4men with each shot is enough. I do not want it to become like the ISU in its best (as in worst for balance) times.

What I do think however is that the health could be increased, because it often gets killed by Brits in no time. On the contrary the splash could be reduced to match that of other tanks.
9 Nov 2015, 19:02 PM

I don't think so, it has poor range, it has virtually no armor, even su76 can reliably pen it and it is slow. I think it needs some changes, but not to the point where it can 1v5 usf at guns, like before.

it still does,USF at guns cant penetrate Panthers as well.

and thats a problem with the american AT gun
9 Nov 2015, 19:03 PM
bC_
Only Relic postRelic 9 Nov 2015, 19:05 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Fix spearhead so it isn't a downgrade, that's the only buff I want.

Oberkommando West

Sturm Offizier’s Inspiration aura no longer stacks on re-crewed weapons
Raketenwefer 43 Anti-Tank Rocket Launchers’ weapon crew no longer break camouflage when the Camouflage ability is active
SdKfz 251/17 Flak Half-Track no longer receives Engine Damage criticals from small arms
SdKfz 251 Walking Stuka’s Incendiary Rockets now have proper scatter values

Tiger B Konigstiger Heavy Tank’s Spearhead ability now has proper range and scatter values

Tiger B Konigstiger Heavy Tank’s Prioritize Vehicles ability now has the correct animator
Heat Shell ability no longer uses the artillery collision type
Heat Shell ability now uses the proper speed and acceleration values
Reverse Engineering intel bulletin now points to the proper panzerschreck weapon
Building tech tree help text now properly describes available units

=\
9 Nov 2015, 19:07 PM

No armor buff, maybe slight HP buff and a speed buff to both movement and turret. The problem is they gave it both a slow turret and slow movement, so anything that doesn't die to its first shot(any allied tank)will be able to flank it to death, yes even the Stuart and T70 (given the time, although given the KT speed it can't really get away) can kite this unit to death. The problem with this being an AI point holder is that then you can't get any other armor for a while, given its unit cost plus the tech cost. Allies can exploit this weakness with a swarm of medium tanks to overwhelm even shrek blobs.

This makes sense. Especially the slight increase in speed and turret rotation.
9 Nov 2015, 19:10 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Nov 2015, 19:05 PMbC_

snip

Wait, I didn't see that in the patch notes WutFace.jpg

Well, the KT is fine then.
9 Nov 2015, 19:47 PM

I'm the real issue it's lack of a definite role. As it stands it should either be a damage sponge or a heavy steamroller. It tries to be both but sucks at both.

As steamroller assault tank: should get 5 range buff and slight reload buff during spearhead mode only to better fit the assault role. Decrease spearhead angle to 70 from 90. Maybe even 60. And make spearhead toggle able only when out of combat so people don't exploit it by just toggling it for +5 range toggling finish off a damaged allied tank. Maybe add in armor buff. Reduce xp reqs and pop. Limit to 1 at a time. Decrease rotation but increase speed a bit so it can't do turn-tracking (the obvious tradeoff of going spearhead mode) but is compensated for that by a slight increase to max speed. Keep acceleration as is. End result: a tank which can viably be used as a frontal assaulter but during the assault it can only fire forward in a narrow cone (70-60 degrees) degrees and can't turn well. So side flanking is still viable. And spearhead can't end till the fighting ends. A real Victory or Valhalla! type of unit

(And with the costs it has, you want it only for extreme circumstances)

As sponge: reduce gun dmg to 160. Buff hp to 1600. Remove spearhead entirely and replace with, say, smoke or something else that improves survival. Reduce xp reqs and pop. Limit to 1. Maybe buff armor. Basically Churchill's Churchill.

(Armor buff I'm not too sure about for both cases)
9 Nov 2015, 19:52 PM

I don't ever built the KT. Too expensive, too slow, terrible investment. It needs self spotting imo. And a speed increase. It's funny how a firefly is easily x2 as good as the KT in terms of usefullness
9 Nov 2015, 19:55 PM
Patrion 14

I don't ever built the KT. Too expensive, too slow, terrible investment. It needs self spotting imo. And a speed increase. It's funny how a firefly is easily x2 as good as the KT in terms of usefullness

No tank deserves passive self spotting in this game, not even tiger ace(even if it can with 3x sight bulletins).
9 Nov 2015, 19:57 PM

It's too risky to buff armor or hp for this guy. So it is fine I think.
9 Nov 2015, 20:38 PM

imho there's a lot of things you could argue about, but i don't think straight up buffing the KT is something that would help out with balance... the tank is already one of the beefiest tanks in the game. comparing it to the churchill is a bit unfair, mainly because i think that the churchill is too strong (super tanky, can throw grenades, comparably fast for a heavy etc. etc.).

yes, KT is very expensive, but if you want a tank that is more agile you can always just get a panther.
9 Nov 2015, 21:49 PM

It's too risky to buff armor or hp for this guy. So it is fine I think.

And thats why its never built.
9 Nov 2015, 21:51 PM

I like junaid's idea.If offensive power is to be increased 5 range and modest speed increase.

If defensive power increased either 400 armour or more health.

Limit to 1 in either case.

For the most expensive tank in thegame it doesn't live up to its name.
9 Nov 2015, 21:53 PM
Donator 33

Firefly 2x useful than KT, mmmmm k. Can solo it with one P4 but mmmm k. KT requires support, like every other heavy. Pershing without support, dead, IS2 dead.
9 Nov 2015, 21:59 PM

I mostly play 4v4s and I hardly see KTs anymore. I think a slight HP buff would be good. Since even the su76 reliably pens it these days, more hp means more vet for the allies anyway.
9 Nov 2015, 22:00 PM

The fact that su-76 penetrates it is what really made me give up on the unit.Its unbelievable.
9 Nov 2015, 22:02 PM

It's just not the best unit for 1s, deal with it. I know your frustration, both Axis factions are UP at them moment. This makes you seek a WildCard iWin Anti Everything tank to turn the tide and win the game after like 20 minutes of frustrating struggle against RifleDerps.

Point is, a supported KT (mostly in 2s+) is a beast. It really is. If OKW is overhauled/tweaked/buffed you would not need a better KT. Imagine if other units had better synergy with the current KT, what would happen then? So I think you want KT to be more powerful to compensate other flaws, which is not the way to balance OKW. OKW needs a total overhaul, and apparently relic is willing to do that.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS