Login

russian armor

King Tiger

PAGES (9)down
14 Nov 2015, 14:37 PM

You are over-exaggerating the entire thread and several things in that list were already shot down as being a bad buff for the overall game. This whole thread could end up being a moot point if the OKW gets redesigned, but if it doesn't some units might at least get buffed/changed. This thread should be arguments for and against certain things for the unit; not, "historically Brad Pitt was awesome and Tokyo drifted his Easy Eight to one shot a Tiger from behind, while it missed his tank 3 times".

Yolo rush into 2 Fireflies. -I don't think anyone straight up suggested that it should be able to bum rush 2 Fireflys.
Counter 60 range TDs-A range increase to 45-50 was suggested, but a lot of people also dismissed it as being too good, but even then no one suggested 60 range ot directly counter TDs.
Wipe infantry left and right-If this is supposed to be the unit's intended role then a buff to HP would come in handy, but for its cost it is an awfully expensive AI tank.
More HPSee above.
More armor-This would lead to Company of RNG/Bounces and has generally been shot down.
Is faster than medium tanks-No one said it should be faster than Medium tanks, but as one of the slowest tanks in the game with the slowest turret rotation speed and no 60-70 range like turret-less tanks it can be impossible too ever line up a second shot. A small speed buff to movement and turret rotation speed would help, but not like Panther blitzkrieg fast.
Is cheaper (so it can hit the field around 12min in 4v4 and 15-16min in 2v2)-The performance for cost is not that good right now, but lowering the cost hasn't really been brought up yet as spamming them early in big team games would be a problem.

I do think your idea of buffing it but locking it behind CPs is interesting, what would you buff on it to do so however?

Well, someone posted video of 2 FFs shooting at KT along sinde with 4 rockets as a proof of KT being UP.
45 is quite fine, but some people said that it needs somekind of buffs cause it's helpless vs 60 rnage TD. I guess that's the whole point of 60 range TD to kite heavies.
Well, it's already anti-everything unit with high armor, high HP and 240 damage (which is something people forget very often).
Someone said that in reality it was quite fast so it should be faster in game ;)
It is more expensive than IS2 or Tiger but it is more powerful as well, so I truly think that cost is in right spot.

What do you mean in the last sentence? What kind of buff? Removing teching cost is already huge buff in my opinion. I mean, people are saying that it is UP for the cost becusae of trucks. So if you remove this issue, you receiv anti-everything tank for 260 Fuel which is fair price for me.
14 Nov 2015, 18:27 PM

Well, someone posted video of 2 FFs shooting at KT along sinde with 4 rockets as a proof of KT being UP.
45 is quite fine, but some people said that it needs somekind of buffs cause it's helpless vs 60 rnage TD. I guess that's the whole point of 60 range TD to kite heavies.
Well, it's already anti-everything unit with high armor, high HP and 240 damage (which is something people forget very often).
Someone said that in reality it was quite fast so it should be faster in game ;)
It is more expensive than IS2 or Tiger but it is more powerful as well, so I truly think that cost is in right spot.

What do you mean in the last sentence? What kind of buff? Removing teching cost is already huge buff in my opinion. I mean, people are saying that it is UP for the cost becusae of trucks. So if you remove this issue, you receiv anti-everything tank for 260 Fuel which is fair price for me.

Waiting until 15 CPs while not building any trucks to save on resources isn't what I thought you had in mind. I thought you had in mind something similar to the Tiger Ace where you can spend some resources to tech and get some units to hold on until 15 cps for a buffed KT, because it doesn't come until 15 CPs (which is more than 30min into a match).
14 Nov 2015, 18:52 PM

Waiting until 15 CPs while not building any trucks to save on resources isn't what I thought you had in mind. I thought you had in mind something similar to the Tiger Ace where you can spend some resources to tech and get some units to hold on until 15 cps for a buffed KT, because it doesn't come until 15 CPs (which is more than 30min into a match).

No one is forcing you to wait for 15CP.
We can assume 15CP would be somewhere around 25-30min.
By that time, you can get JPIV, Puma, Panther, PzIV. What ever you need.
Just like you can get Ostwind or Stugs while waiting for Tiger or SUs, T34s before IS2.
KT would become "all-doctrinal" unit at 15CPs.
20 Nov 2015, 14:40 PM

Armor is the alternative solution,but it will be unpopular.

I said from the start that the armor nerf was too much. It's supposed to be a fearsome tank, just not as fearsome as it used to be.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 95
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak