Login

russian armor

King Tiger

PAGES (9)down
8 Nov 2015, 17:08 PM

Main problems with this tank -
Far too costly for its effect.
Way too slow.
Main gun range very low combiend with speed can be kited all day without being able to fight back.
Armor nerf,plus allied tank penetration buff(or new brit tanks),alpha dmg allied 60 range tank destroyers and tulip and bombing runs make it often easily killed.
Bad veterancy(especially vet 3 crap) and insane vet requirements.

Overall tank often feels like a liability and unlike in coh1 where despite its disadvantages tank had a visible shock effect its no longer the case.

Solution -
Limit tank to 1 at a time.
Increase range from 45 to 50 to allow it to fight back better.(best tank gun of war with this?)
Modest increase in speed (in reality was faster than stug and panzer4)
Adjust veterancy,especially vet 3.
Nerf rear armor a bit.
8 Nov 2015, 17:16 PM
Patrion 14

It surely needs something. At the moment I'd rather be able to build Churchills.

I'm not saying it should be an omnicidal steamroll, but at the moment it doesn't really perform any role well, not even as a damage sponge.
8 Nov 2015, 17:20 PM

Currently, building KT is not cost effective, against Brit it is dead meat: 6-pounder punch through it without problem, being big + slow means getting 2 tulip rocket in the face is very easy, or getting critted by AT sniper and Cromwell can dance around it.
I would rather a PzIV + JpzIV combo or get a Panther/PzIV. KT comes way too late and its performance does not match the price tag. Tiger is a much more solid investments.
8 Nov 2015, 17:24 PM

Main problem is it can't fight back most of the time due to how poor its gun range is and how low its speed is.
What it needs is a modest speed buff and +5 range to 50 most of all.
8 Nov 2015, 17:32 PM

To balance the Konig, we really need a side armor mechanism implemented. Nerf its rear, give Panzer 4's front to its sides and make frontal armor nearly impenetrable by anything other than ISU, Jackson, Comet, Firefly(these tanks should have somewhat meh chance to penetrate the frontal armor) . And maybe buff its hp to churchill hp.
8 Nov 2015, 17:40 PM

get a JP4 snipe those paper skin tanks, and I agree the KT need its old front armor back.
8 Nov 2015, 18:37 PM

i used it once and it really did nothing except feed vet to enemy and kept my pios busy. maybe buff it and only let 1 kingtiger call onto the field the whole game (like vcoh, you had 1 kt if u lose it u lost it for the entire game)
8 Nov 2015, 18:42 PM
8 Nov 2015, 18:55 PM

Yeah, its old frontal armor was cancerous. There should be an upper limit to how high a heavy tank's stats go, and KT is it. I hate heavy tank meta.
8 Nov 2015, 19:00 PM

Don't buff it's armour, but make it more survivable by increasing it's punch and speed a bit
8 Nov 2015, 19:03 PM

Main problems with this tank -
Far too costly for its effect.
Way too slow.
Main gun range very low combiend with speed can be kited all day without being able to fight back.
Armor nerf,plus allied tank penetration buff(or new brit tanks),alpha dmg allied 60 range tank destroyers and tulip and bombing runs make it often easily killed.
Bad veterancy(especially vet 3 crap) and insane vet requirements.

Overall tank often feels like a liability and unlike in coh1 where despite its disadvantages tank had a visible shock effect its no longer the case.

Solution -
Limit tank to 1 at a time.
Increase range from 45 to 50 to allow it to fight back better.(best tank gun of war with this?)
Modest increase in speed (in reality was faster than stug and panzer4)
Adjust veterancy,especially vet 3.
Nerf rear armor a bit.

i agree the vet and the price are a problem for the mighty king tiger BUT i believe its time to revert its armor nerf and RANGE BUFF and reduce its rear armor as well WHILE also reworking its vet bonuses
8 Nov 2015, 19:12 PM

Or give KT 1400HP but with 270~280 fuel cost, JS-2 mod1944 will cry even harder in the corner, I don't hate the heavy meta, but I hate the heavy TD meta..... after ISU nerf, the JT and Elefant in team game is :megusta:

whos KV-1?
8 Nov 2015, 19:15 PM

kt buff ? are you serious ?

8 Nov 2015, 19:30 PM

Armor buff will again create RNG problems with bouncing.I feel better option will be to increase speed modestly and give it 5 more range to 50.
Most of the time i feel king tiger can't even shoot back due to poor gun range and shit speed and is killed without firing a single shot in retaliation(OKW lacking 60 armor pak AT gun,and huge fuel cost usually means no supporting JP4).
Its speed also means it can't escape at all from bombing runs and is usually destroyed/near destroyed.
8 Nov 2015, 19:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Nov 2015, 19:15 PMIGOR
kt buff ? are you serious ?

No OKW player builds KT these days.I tried to use it and it was HORRENDOUS.Its an I-lose button.
JP4,panther/command panther are far more effective,or 2 pz4s.
Given the choice every single OKW player will take Jagdtiger over this.

How did it become such a poor liability?
8 Nov 2015, 19:42 PM

No OKW player builds KT these days.I tried to use it and it was HORRENDOUS.Its an I-lose button.

you asked to buff an axis unit, thats a big nogo here^_^
8 Nov 2015, 19:58 PM

kt is a decent tank, it have no problem dealing with any allied tank in a frontal fight , if the kt gets range buff to counter the TDs this will be too much .
8 Nov 2015, 20:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Nov 2015, 19:58 PMIGOR

kt is a decent tank, it have no problem dealing with any allied tank in a frontal fight , if the kt gets range buff to counter the TDs this will be too much .

How will it counter TD with 5 more range.TD have much more speed and 60 range.Both KT speed and range is atrocious.
Right now its completely defenceless against enemy fire sometimes due to unable to fire back.Thats why most people choose jagdtigeras heavy.
8 Nov 2015, 20:52 PM

I don't build KT's and here are the reasons why:

>too much resources concentrated on a single unit. Lose the unit, lose the complete investment and lose the game
>compared to the input, the output is too small dps & HP wise
>to slow, good players will just play around it or kite it to death
>takes ages to vet and the vet it gets is horrible

I'd say, its a good unit in 3vs3+ games but then again its 3vs3 :luvDerp:

If you want to buff it, it needs to be limited so 3vs3+ heroes wont cry
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L