Login

russian armor

King Tiger

PAGES (9)down
8 Nov 2015, 20:57 PM

I don't build KT's and here are the reasons why:

>too much resources concentrated on a single unit. Lose the unit, lose the complete investment and lose the game
>compared to the input, the output is too small dps & HP wise
>to slow, good players will just play around it or kite it to death
>takes ages to vet and the vet it gets is horrible

I'd say, its a good unit in 3vs3+ games but then again its 3vs3 :luvDerp:

If you want to buff it, it needs to be limited so 3vs3+ heroes wont cry

5 range ,small speed increase and change of vet 3.How big a buff is that?People talking as if it will be end of the world ....face it,its a dead unit atm.Limit it to 1 to prevent high game mdoe abuse.
8 Nov 2015, 21:01 PM

Armor buff will again create RNG problems with bouncing.I feel better option will be to increase speed modestly and give it 5 more range to 50.
Most of the time i feel king tiger can't even shoot back due to poor gun range and shit speed and is killed without firing a single shot in retaliation(OKW lacking 60 armor pak AT gun,and huge fuel cost usually means no supporting JP4).
Its speed also means it can't escape at all from bombing runs and is usually destroyed/near destroyed.

armor is the way to go.

range will just destroy allied TD(namely jacksons)

armor changes along with vet rework will make it worthwhile
8 Nov 2015, 21:06 PM

armor is the way to go.

range will just destroy allied TD(namely jacksons)

armor changes along with vet rework will make it worthwhile

Armor is the alternative solution,but it will be unpopular.
8 Nov 2015, 21:11 PM

Armor is the alternative solution,but it will be unpopular.

its the only solution,the armor nerf was a mistake from the start.

if we dont do that then we should rework the KingTiger completely
8 Nov 2015, 21:15 PM

Instead of armor, HP buff
8 Nov 2015, 21:30 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Should move to balance section
8 Nov 2015, 21:32 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Veterancy could see improvement (more armor/hp with vet) and maybe "spearhead" should add +5range.

No to either stock 50range nor armor buff.

Limit to 1
8 Nov 2015, 21:41 PM

austerlitz pls make a single allied unit underpowered thread for diversitys sake
8 Nov 2015, 21:45 PM
Patrion 14

Fix spearhead so it isn't a downgrade, that's the only buff I want.
8 Nov 2015, 22:18 PM

austerlitz pls make a single allied unit underpowered thread for diversitys sake

There are several underpowered allied units,but -

1.I play allied faction infrequently so i am not very well acquainted with their precise weaknesses regarding the meta.

2.Allied winrates are at an all time high for all 3 factions,which is why they are less of a priority.

3.Being a axis majority player it is only natural i higglight problems with my faction,and same is expected of allied players.

I do not disagree that units like kv-1,penals,m42,british base arty do not require buff.Even american pershing is slightly overpriced.
8 Nov 2015, 22:22 PM

Fix spearhead so it isn't a downgrade, that's the only buff I want.

Can't even get to spearhead.Vet 3 is pipe dream usually.Speed is too slow and range too bad for armoured engagement,usually its relegated to attacking enemy infantrya nd occasionaly AT guns.

The main problem is huge fuel cost means u can't support it with jagdpanzer.And OKW lacks 60 range AT gun like pAk,so unlike tiger pak combo to protect it from Tank destroyer it doesn't work here.This big weakness should be considered.

Also the speed is so slow its almost killed/killed by bombing strike as it can't get out of area in time.
8 Nov 2015, 22:22 PM

On a 1v1 game where i cut must of USF fuel, 3 wolverines were able to run over a lot of troops and kill my KT.

And it was not unsupported.
8 Nov 2015, 22:23 PM

On a 1v1 game where i cut must of USF fuel, 3 wolverines were able to run over a lot of troops and kill my KT.

And it was not unsupported.

Your mistake was to get KT in 1 vs 1.KT is I-lose button atm.
Get JP4 or lose.Panther is too costly and too low dps.
Panzer 4 secondary option,but more risky by far.
9 Nov 2015, 14:46 PM

King Tiger is perfectly fine here. We don't need to buff this tank at all, instead we need Tiger to be buffed.
9 Nov 2015, 14:58 PM

I allways build one, if OKW. Very good in wipe alli infantry. ISU-152 is only shadow of this wipe machine of doom. KT can one-shot AT gun.
KT can have better AT, but need lower AI, for ballance.
9 Nov 2015, 15:19 PM

So many people just rush it forward cause hey, it's a KT and it can kill everything.

False.

I think it's a L2P issue here and I don't say that often.
9 Nov 2015, 15:47 PM

Main problems with this tank -
Far too costly for its effect.
Way too slow.
Main gun range very low combiend with speed can be kited all day without being able to fight back.
Armor nerf,plus allied tank penetration buff(or new brit tanks),alpha dmg allied 60 range tank destroyers and tulip and bombing runs make it often easily killed.
Bad veterancy(especially vet 3 crap) and insane vet requirements.

Overall tank often feels like a liability and unlike in coh1 where despite its disadvantages tank had a visible shock effect its no longer the case.

Solution -
Limit tank to 1 at a time.
Increase range from 45 to 50 to allow it to fight back better.(best tank gun of war with this?)
Modest increase in speed (in reality was faster than stug and panzer4)
Adjust veterancy,especially vet 3.
Nerf rear armor a bit.

Are you guys insane? The KT is amazing and perfect the way it is. It is not an assaulting tank. It's a defensive and holding ground vehicle that almost one shots infantry. I love the KT. Due to its speed, you use it to protect and SUPPORT your army. Not be the one man army. The KT even fights AT guns by itself and can one two shot them.
9 Nov 2015, 15:48 PM

So many people just rush it forward cause hey, it's a KT and it can kill everything.

False.

I think it's a L2P issue here and I don't say that often.

I thought that KT should be attack move and win unit. :loco:
9 Nov 2015, 15:55 PM

We don´t want more one man armies.

I actually this tank is awesome , it can kill infantry (squadwipe) , fight armor as long as it is supported by raketen or shreck blob.

I think he is great as long as you use lot of mines with him and you dont yolo rush with him , rather use him behind your forces so your raketens can kill firefly and then he can kill anything else.

And god not dont buff its HP to churchill. Main diference between him and churchill is that churchill has poor gun.

This is finisher tank not tank you should rely on every game
9 Nov 2015, 16:00 PM

Are you guys insane? The KT is amazing and perfect the way it is. It is not an assaulting tank. It's a defensive and holding ground vehicle that almost one shots infantry. I love the KT. Due to its speed, you use it to protect and SUPPORT your army. Not be the one man army. The KT even fights AT guns by itself and can one two shot them.

King Tiger a Defencive tank.........

thats the most boring thing a unit like the King Tiger could ever be and all this l2p issue with the King Tiger is unbelievable,there wont be a unit there supporting your kingtiger other then volkshrecks which many people(even i) HATE.

if the tank cant attack then it will sit there and do nothing AND ALSO wont provide ALLIES with a chance to flank and kill it.

this unit either needs rework or power transfer from one thing to anothe to make it an assault unit that feels awesome to use

PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 49
South Africa 1
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %