Login

russian armor

Afrika Korps

8 Nov 2015, 08:51 AM

I think it would be good to put them in the game , this way you would have 3 factions for each army . What do you think ?

And what kind of doctrine and or commanders should they have ?

8 Nov 2015, 11:54 AM

No.
8 Nov 2015, 12:04 PM

There won't be 3rd germany army, get over it already.
8 Nov 2015, 12:17 PM

There won't be 3rd germany army, get over it already.

There won't be more soviet buffs, get over it already.
8 Nov 2015, 12:20 PM
Patrion 14

I wouldnt mind seeing new factions if they fix the mess they made first.
8 Nov 2015, 12:58 PM

Afrika korps units would be pretty underwhelming, considering that campaign was done by 1943.

However an Italian or Japanese fraction or even a mixture of eastern powers (romania, hungry, so on) would not only have ample unique units to make up an army but would also have winter uniforms for the winter maps

8 Nov 2015, 13:00 PM

Permanently Banned
There isnt going to be another expansion pack and therefore no new faction.

Afrika Korps wouldnt fit in the timeline of CoH2 anyway.
8 Nov 2015, 13:14 PM

There won't be more soviet buffs, get over it already.

There also won't be Pershing, get ov... well damn :lolol:
8 Nov 2015, 13:35 PM
Donator 11

I would love the idea... 88mm Flak and Brits fighting against Axis on desert maps...
But I dont think there will be a new faction... dont think there are that much people working on coh2 atm they are probably working on a new project otherwise the patches wouldnt be so delayed.
8 Nov 2015, 13:37 PM

Panzer III for main battle tank, Tiger H1 for doctrinal option.
8 Nov 2015, 13:47 PM

I would love the idea... 88mm Flak and Brits fighting against Axis on desert maps...
But I dont think there will be a new faction... dont think there are that much people working on coh2 atm they are probably working on a new project otherwise the patches wouldnt be so delayed.

Desert maps+++ - would be really nice to have some high quality desert map in Automatch, brings a lot of potential for unique experience, reminds me of "Commandos - Behind Enemy Lines" Africa missions. Maybe some custom mappers should think about it?
8 Nov 2015, 13:59 PM

Afrika Korps was part of the axis forces in Africa, the vast majority were Italians, so it would make more sense adding italians.
Also someone talked about skins, italians had winter skins while the DAK didn't, unless Relic will invent them.
8 Nov 2015, 15:58 PM

Sorry for offtopic but whats the reason Relic wont add another 3rd axis faction? I mean they love to Milk money from customers
8 Nov 2015, 16:36 PM
Patrion 14

I just think North Africa and Continental Europe (Or the Pacific for that matter!) don't mix. Would DAKs run around in desert garb out in the snow? Would they fight Cromwells, Fireflies, T-34/85's and Churchill VII's with Panzer II's and III's around a desert oasis? It just goes a bit too far.

I've said this before, but a lot more sense would be bringing in the Italy campaign with Brits as they are vs. a field blue -uniformed German faction that would ostensibly portray the Fallschirm-Panzerkorps in Italy, but actually be a mash-up of the various Luftwaffe-manned divisions that fought on all fronts. The various second-line French-built beutepanzer units could be thrown in for good measure and flavour.

The HG even used the Panzer III late into the war and several Italian tanks as beutepanzers, so it would be authentic enough.

The faction could be gameplay-wise be a duality of glass cannon / garbage horde. Luftwaffe Field Jägers, Panzer III's and various beutepanzers would be the garbage horde part, Fallschirmjägers and Hornisses would be the glass cannon part. 88's would fit thematically with the whole Luftwaffe thing.

Most importantly, it would visually deviate from the standard field grey uniformed German that we already have two examples of in favour of a field blue base!

I could go on, but all in all it just makes a whole lot of sense. It would also authentically incorporate a lot of the kit that the Afrika Korps has.

9 Nov 2015, 04:27 AM

Can anyone explain the british medium Camo skin that is described as "Bleached by the desert sun"?

Does allude to a desert campaign much the same way as the heavy slot for US preceded the Pershing.
9 Nov 2015, 05:19 AM

Add Afrika Krops and set it as an early-mid game faction.

Balance Done.
9 Nov 2015, 05:31 AM

Love the idea, can't really understand why everyone else hates it

It would definitley add in more variety to the game which is always welcome in my book
It would just take awhile to achieve a good balance between the new faction

9 Nov 2015, 05:50 AM

Panzer III for main battle tank.

Finally, something that can challenge the T-34/76 for title of "worst faction tank"!

Can anyone explain the british medium Camo skin that is described as "Bleached by the desert sun"?

Does allude to a desert campaign much the same way as the heavy slot for US preceded the Pershing.

9 Nov 2015, 07:36 AM

Desert Yellow
Primarily used from 1939 until 1943; this basic shade was used on vehicles in service in the Middle East and North Africa. It was often used in combination with other shades when creating disruptive patterns.

Counter Scheme
Composed of disruptive diagonal lines painted across the vehicle in a spliter pattern. The blue-ish hue was actually silver grey paint faded from the desert sun.

Lots of Desert cues here. Hoping relic releases an ANZAC commander for the british forces if they do drop an Afrika campaign.
9 Nov 2015, 07:57 AM
Patrion 14

At least tell me how you would see desert kit and snow mix. Wouldn't the winter DAK at best look just like Ostheer in the winter?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 35
Mexico 20
unknown 5
Philippines 1
Peru 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L