Login

russian armor

Things are getting out of hand here

• This thread is locked
PAGES (3)down
5 Nov 2015, 17:13 PM

Quite frankly, I don't enjoy playing USF, it is just so sad and pathetic how easy you can swarm your opponent and melt them away. No fun at all!

It will only show me how easy OKW can get rolled by USF everyday of the week.

Keep on winning until you are high enough in the ranks to get beaten by OKW and watch replays from their perspective. Or stop playing OKW until they patch some things.
5 Nov 2015, 17:14 PM

Oh yes, he did blob, but look at the second picture, he had another 2 riflemen on the eastern flank moving up. Yes that is right, 2 more rifle squads :foreveralone:

If you have 7 squads of infantry and he has only 5 squads of rifles/LT +1RE and you have 7 squads you should be able to win some fights if he splits up like that. Focus more on one side of the map and keeping your units concentrated if you are only holding a small area. spread out when you are winning

Your are also floating enough manpower which could be another squad fighting for you in both pictures

You should also try to engage that 50 cal which isn't shooting anything in the second picture, if you concentrate your forces and use it to support it should be easy to slow down his blob.

Finally but most importantly why do you not veto this map? It's bad for axis with two fuels that are hard to hold. The fact that you made the decision not to veto this map is probably the biggest reason it is easier for him to win.
5 Nov 2015, 17:15 PM
Patrion 14

no tried that in another game. This particular game lasted about 15-17 minutes.

Ah I see.

This map isn't really that big of a great pick for scavenge personally. Fortifications looks better here with mg34s covering the sides. I know they aren't great but their AOE suppression can stop blobs in their tracks. The problem is moving up after you secured your cutoff/fuel.

But that's me personally. What's your build order when you go against USF on maps like these?
5 Nov 2015, 17:17 PM

Permanently Banned

Your opponent invested heavily in AI with BARs and nades and you expected to fight him off with 2 reckon units and three cannon fodder/AT squads?

I highly doubt that in this game it was the balance that had any effect.

hahahaha damage control patrol again katikof?
5 Nov 2015, 17:19 PM

Permanently Banned

Ah I see.

This map isn't really that big of a great pick for scavenge personally. Fortifications looks better here with mg34s covering the sides. I know they aren't great but their AOE suppression can stop blobs in their tracks. The problem is moving up after you secured your cutoff/fuel.

But that's me personally. What's your build order when you go against USF on maps like these?

But mg34 gets smoked and cleared all the time, it can't control rifleblobs, it can't even control one squad, since one squad can smoke it and others can flank it. I go for 1 sturmpio and then just volks. I can't find any other tactic to work since you have nothing else for the first 5 minutes apart from volks and sturms. Kubel is fine for 5 minutes, but dies after 5-10 minutes since it is to micro intensive for what it delivers , can get focused fire to death by that time as well.
5 Nov 2015, 17:19 PM

In a 1vs1 the minimum amount of Volks should be around 4 squads. They are cheap for a reason.
5 Nov 2015, 17:23 PM

Permanently Banned

If you have 7 squads of infantry and he has only 5 squads of rifles/LT +1RE and you have 7 squads you should be able to win some fights if he splits up like that. Focus more on one side of the map and keeping your units concentrated if you are only holding a small area. spread out when you are winning

Your are also floating enough manpower which could be another squad fighting for you in both pictures

You should also try to engage that 50 cal which isn't shooting anything in the second picture, if you concentrate your forces and use it to support it should be easy to slow down his blob.

Finally but most importantly why do you not veto this map? It's bad for axis with two fuels that are hard to hold. The fact that you made the decision not to veto this map is probably the biggest reason it is easier for him to win.

yes the 50 call was rigt in front of the blob in that second picture. it fired at the blob a mere second later and then got smoked. I know I was floating mp, but I was just to busy with reinforcing, moving around and trying to not collapse :foreveralone:

yes but you seem to forget that he had 2 rifles with bars, 1 lt with double bars and an RE squad with bazookas in a blob through the middle, and double vet riflemen on the flanks coming in. I couldn't keep field presence enough to fight both threats at the same time.... they just push you off completely.

I can't veto every map... 90% of the maps are horrid for OKW, let alone axis in general, but I can't veto them all. I have vetoed the summer version, which I hate as well. There aren't enough vetoes to veto every single allied favored map...
5 Nov 2015, 17:27 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Will you stop making a new USF op thread every 3 days?
5 Nov 2015, 17:27 PM

My problems with rifles are not on the first minutes, but after vet2. They are nearly impossible to kill, wiping squads seems like a victory per se.

I've been using Luftwaffe to some success. OKW demands a bit more of micro and it is considered aggressive for a reason - if you go around your base capping, it won't end well.

EDIT: typo
5 Nov 2015, 17:28 PM

Permanently Banned

It worked when USF was up and needed buffs. It might work now. This is a disgrace cookies, whether you like it or not.
5 Nov 2015, 17:34 PM

You only have one problem mate, you never Smoke And Flank. There you go, L2P and Smoke And Flank.
5 Nov 2015, 17:38 PM

In a 1vs1 the minimum amount of Volks should be around 4 squads. They are cheap for a reason.

God damn it, I smile everytime I see your profile picture. What is that from?
5 Nov 2015, 17:41 PM

Uh, usually there's no point reading K's posts. Responding to them is even more pointless. It always leads to the same useless stat flexing and number crunching that doesn't actually apply ingame.

That said, I would join the ranks of people saying to try MG34s, but the same grenades that are taking out your volks and jaegers are even more designed to wipe MG teams. Not to mention smoke grenades. Obviously from the screenshots the game had already tipped irreversibly into your opponent's favor, so analyzing the screenshots for information is just being argumentative.

Best bit of advice I have for you is to use mines at chokepoints and avoid 'rushing' for any unit as OKW. The way OKW is timed, they really have no shock value units, (maybe the Luchs, but not really) so you need watch what your opponent is doing and react accordingly. Against USF, you know that they are always going to mass infantry, as they have no choice until midgame/lategame. Without snipers, mortars, and a crappy late-arriving MG, you're going to be seeing rifles after rifles.

Sturmpioneers are your friend against early USF. While volks (and jaeger) are superior at range to rifles, they simply cannot withstand prolonged engagements with riflemen. You'll always end up being overwhelmed trying to engage USF in a bolt action duel. You have to be able to use a sight blocking object and a choke point to hit rifles with a mine and/or ambush with sturms to gain an early advantage.

Because once BARs start showing up, OKW doesn't have any LMG option until Obers to try and match firepower. And Obers come far too late, and are actually quite inefficient in stand-up fights against rifles.

Mines, sturms, and ISGs as needed for fighting USF. Volks are for baiting and capping until vehicles hit and they can get shreks and shoot right on up to vet5.
5 Nov 2015, 17:43 PM

And thats the exact reason why the okw is doing so badly. you are buying 4 AT squads
5 Nov 2015, 17:44 PM

wiping squads seems like a victory per se.

Honestly, wiping a USF squad really kind of is a victory. Losing a rifle, especially early on, completely stunts their ability to steamroll their early game (aggressive) advantage.
5 Nov 2015, 17:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Nov 2015, 16:57 PMpugzii
really not as bad as you put it, seems like l2p issue
5 Nov 2015, 17:53 PM

God damn it, I smile everytime I see your profile picture. What is that from?

Great film: Asterix and Cleopatra. You can find this special scene here:
5 Nov 2015, 18:08 PM

BURRNN..Isn't this what you usf people used to do when it was the other way around?
Its not as if USF isn't OP right now.So why get pissed at the guy pointing out whats essentially truth.-_-
5 Nov 2015, 18:10 PM

I would suggest less volks,more sturmpios.But ofcourse once BARs are on rifles and RE blob its uphill struggle.
5 Nov 2015, 18:15 PM
PAGES (3)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight