Login

russian armor

Firefly reload time and turret traverse

4 Nov 2015, 19:36 PM

it pretty much kills the unit, Jagdpanzer or even the SU-76 is a better counter vs armour. Any decent brit player will just spam 6 pounders as it's the only reliable AT you have.

Jackson on the otherhand clubs Ost T3 while the firefly is more expensive and all round worse.

pls buff relic, it hurts to see such an iconic unit made nothing more than a gimmick rocket launcher when you are floating munitions+fuel.
JLI
4 Nov 2015, 19:42 PM

i don't undertand why it cost 155 fuel

i would just buff rof
4 Nov 2015, 19:45 PM
Patrion 14

I mind the very low maneuverability more than the reload time. It's supposed to be a tank sniper, okay, we get it, Relic. And I would love to use it as one, but I can't because it is so sluggish to escape any actual confrontation. I am not asking for a Puma level of maneuverability but turret traverse, low speed PLUS reload time is too much. Considering the cost, one of the aforementioned tripple whammy has to go.

4 Nov 2015, 19:49 PM

Tulip launchers are not gimmick. Brits have no problem ending the game before Ost T3, but if you see a JP4 get a Cromwell.

Firefly has a clear role, that role is destroying Tiger tanks, which thanks to Tulips it has a high burst damage output to do so.

My advise against Jagdpanzer is to just ignore it. If you really want it dead, locate the tank, tulip it from fog and follow up, or Cromwell circle strafe.
4 Nov 2015, 19:53 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Firefly needs to reload speed to be shorter so it's 7-8 seconds and maybe the turret to be quicker. Haven't seen it enough to know how slow it is, though I should probably check the editor for that.

Once these are done I would then make Tulips cost less to use and recharge, but be much less burst damage than they are. Damage to around 120-160 from their current 240.

4 Nov 2015, 20:02 PM

Firefly needs to reload speed to be shorter so it's 7-8 seconds and maybe the turret to be quicker. Haven't seen it enough to know how slow it is, though I should probably check the editor for that.

Once these are done I would then make Tulips cost less to use and recharge, but be much less burst damage than they are. Damage to around 120-160 from their current 240.

there is also a bug with it,it will show it penetrated enemy armor BUT it wont do any damage.
4 Nov 2015, 20:06 PM

That would be great.
4 Nov 2015, 23:35 PM

I don't know why it was so hard to make it just a high penetration, normal damage TD. The Sherman-level survivability being justification for costing more than a Jackson.

4 Nov 2015, 23:40 PM

firefly should be cheaper, not more deadly.

440mp 155 fuel is far too much for the firefly's durability and speed. Lower its cost to 350 mp 125 fuel. It's meant to be a part of a larger army.

The firefly's slow reload and turret traversal also allow the stug and panzer 4 to be useful against the firefly. Buffing the firefly's reload is going to make it an absolute hard counter to the pz4 and stug without allowance for counter-play.
4 Nov 2015, 23:45 PM

Jacksons are raped by jp4.

Firefly instantly kills jp4 with normal attack + rockets.

???

FF role is not to fight tanks in prolonged fights. Relic actually did a very good job making FF very good niche unit instead of copy-pasting it into another long range low survivability TD with different model and slightly different stats.
5 Nov 2015, 00:05 AM

???

FF role is not to fight tanks in prolonged fights. Relic actually did a very good job making FF very good niche unit instead of copy-pasting it into another long range low survivability TD with different model and slightly different stats.

+1
5 Nov 2015, 00:07 AM

Yeah I agree here. The Firefly is very well balanced.

5 Nov 2015, 00:15 AM
Patrion 14

I have no idea what people use Fireflies for and what they want from it but reducing reload to 7 seconds would make it batshit OP (as it used to be during the Alpha).

Not once while using that tank did I say "huh, this is pretty underwhelming, it only absolutely wrecks medium armour at an excellent rate as opposed to fantastic, and its 90% penetration rate on the kingtiger is sorta meh."

It is the single most useful supporting AT unit in the Allied arsenal (Jacksons are better damagewise but they don't come in an army that can field Churchills and Comets). It is just that the FF is also in an army that has no infantry AT worth speaking of, has no snares, and the tank itself is very slow (or at least has low acceleration, which is completely out of line with the other Sherman variants). All this translates into your "tank sniper" being ganked at Axis player's leisure. If Brits had a single snare ability able to punish advancing Axis tanks, ANY SNARE WHATSOEVER that isn't a mine or the extinct-from-meta AEC, the Firefly would be a god on the battlefield.
5 Nov 2015, 00:18 AM

???

Without the expensive rocket strike ability the firefly is severely overpriced.

The firefly is far too dependent on the use of a 100 munition ability that require a 50 munition upgrade to use. Yes the ability to deal 240 +240 + 200 damage is insanely powerful but the firefly is a cost ineffective unit otherwise.

no one likes to fight against a 680 damage alpha either. Lower cost of the firefly to 350 mp 125 fuel. lower the rocket attack to 2x100 and cost per use to 60.

Not once while using that tank did I say "huh, this is pretty underwhelming, it only absolutely wrecks medium armour at an excellent rate as opposed to fantastic, and its 90% penetration rate on the kingtiger is sorta meh."

the firefly have similar penetration and dps to the panther. The gun is very good but by no mean infallible.

even at blank point range, the firefly's 260 penetration only grant 69% penetration chance against the front of King Tiger. 90% penetration rate is an exaggeration.

the firefly's 200 damage is also wasteful against medium tank. You need to spend an extra reload cycle (10 seconds) to fire a fourth shot at the last 40 hp of a panzer4. This is something the DPS value doesn't reflect.

The panther need ~ 22 seconds to kill a medium tank, assuming it enter combat with a round in the chamber and all shots hit and penetrate.

The firefly need ~30 seconds to kill a medium tank under the same condition.
5 Nov 2015, 00:45 AM
Patrion 14

the firefly's 200 damage is also wasteful against medium tank. You need to spend an extra reload cycle (10 seconds) to fire a fourth shot at the last 40 hp of a panzer4. This is something the DPS value doesn't reflect.

The panther need ~ 22 seconds to kill a medium tank, assuming it enter combat with a round in the chamber and all shots hit and penetrate.

The firefly need ~30 seconds to kill a medium tank under the same condition.
That is extremely useful information. I didn't mean literally 90% pen, it was a hyperbole. Thanks for bringing real numbers to this discussion. The thing with the Firefly is that it should never be used alone. Ever. A Jackson can be used alone behind a wall of Riflemen for a variety of reason, but FF is never the first tank I build.

Overall Tulips are such a big factor here that they cloud the issue and I wholeheartedly agree with a change. We can't discuss the base unit without taking Tulips into account. We can't nerf the Tulips because then the tank carrying them would be underwhelming. It's a vicious circle. I just used a FF without Tulips recently as support for my two Cromwells and it served me well, I would say it is in a good spot.

And it is unfair to the unit itself that it is viewed through a prism of a very expensive ability. Yea Tulips are good alpha strike but if the Firefly is to be competitive in a prolonged match that is gonna cost you ~450 munitions, which shouldn't be the case.
5 Nov 2015, 01:41 AM

ANY SNARE WHATSOEVER that isn't a mine or the extinct-from-meta AEC, the Firefly would be a god on the battlefield.

Sniper?

They also have long range AT options like 17lber, PIATS, sniper and sprint on their 6lber.

5 Nov 2015, 02:11 AM

Sniper?

They also have long range AT options like 17lber, PIATS, sniper and sprint on their 6lber.

sniper snare only work on light vehicle.

Against medium/heavy tank it's just a turret lock.

against td it's a short stun.

5 Nov 2015, 02:12 AM

this 9 sec reload is cancer D: , low the tulips cost and nerf them .
but,buff rate of fire at least...
5 Nov 2015, 02:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Nov 2015, 02:12 AMIGOR
this 9 sec reload is cancer D: , low the tulips cost and nerf them .
but,buff rate of fire at least...

firefly reload is ten seconds
5 Nov 2015, 02:41 AM

The Firefly is balanced but isn't an easy Unit to use, it's a strange mix of the Stug and Jackson. A high velocity gun is actually not the main reason you buy it you buy it for the Tullips. Otherwise you are better off going for the Comet which can provide AT in the same way a Panther can.

In other words FF is a gimmick -- which if you master will win games and make Tiger Tanks cry.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 45
Poland 14
United States 17
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %