Login

russian armor

Yay. Axis team game is hopeless now.

PAGES (9)down
3 Nov 2015, 05:13 AM
Patrion 14

Allies just have more potent combos(SOV/UKF or USF/UKF being the highlights) with extra received accuracy modifiers coming with vet. Making them have superior early game and also be on par with axis in the late game.

Just gotta hope your enemy makes mistakes like going into royal artillery into sextons or something else to win. If they go full meta 2v2 builds, you're pretty screwed no matter what you do.
3 Nov 2015, 05:20 AM

buff kruppsteel and porche relic pls. nerf allies pls. allies very op.
3 Nov 2015, 05:25 AM

What changed with the patch? Cons with 0 dps can live 3 secs longer? Axis is sure doomed now...
Rifles are not as good as you imagine them to be, and pure rifle blobs are countered by a surprise mg42 or the extremely potent Panzerwerfer. LMG Grens were never even meant to be good at infantry engagements, they have excellent utility to support their army composition. And for the thousandth time, Pgrens don't need buffs, isn't Fallschirmjager-level DPS enough for you? P4 needs slight pen adjustments though.

As for OKW, everyone is complaining about Obersodaten, and probably forgetting that they are not meant to stop 2-3 squads of infantry alone. They are lethal and vet up quickly if you use them the correct way (behind some meatshield volks and in cover), just like Sturmpioneers. And for those who don't know, Obers beat every squad in the game except Shocks in 1v1 and can effortlessly snipe weapon teams.
3 Nov 2015, 05:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Nov 2015, 03:32 AMHorasu
Ignoring camo, being "caught" by obers means being anywhere within a 40 yard radius of them 38 yards* or 35 meters, while being "caught" by commando / thompson paras/rangers / shock troops is a 2-3 yard radius 11 yards* or 10 meters. While ignoring your gross exaggeration that commandos can wipe in 2 secs nowadays 3-4 seconds, how do you explain the discrepancy between an 80 yd field of death vs. a 4 yard field of death? One was easy to spot and put the hurt on slowly, while the other simply appeared from nothing erased you from existence

Corrections in green.

While it is ridiculous putting "Obers" and "slowly" in the same sentence, relative to Commandos it was slow. They did a maximum of ~40DPS, but Commandos reach ~126, enough to drop a model every 0.7 seconds. That's how powerful Commandos were, they rivaled the double-upgraded Stormtroopers from CoH1, but you didn't have to spend 150 munitions to get that killing power.
3 Nov 2015, 05:37 AM

Corrections in green.

While it is ridiculous putting "Obers" and "slowly" in the same sentence, relative to Commandos it was slow. They did a maximum of ~40DPS, but Commandos reach ~126, enough to drop a model every 0.7 seconds. That's how powerful Commandos were, they rivaled the double-upgraded Stormtroopers from CoH1, but you didn't have to spend 150 munitions to get that killing power.

So, what's the DPS for commandos now? Still 126?
3 Nov 2015, 05:47 AM

The (fixable) issues are -

- 222 sucks. It needs to better against infantry, even if that means increasing its cost.
- The Riflemen received accuracy buff went to far. While solving the US MP bleed problem, it causes Riflemen to become too powerful relative to Axis infantry. So either Rifles need a nerf or Axis infantry need to get better.
- Volksgrenadiers are terrible at fighting infantry. I think this is best solved by giving them more accuracy buffs with vet.
- High vet levels are too difficult to achieve on many OKW units.
- Medium tank cost/effectiveness disparity favouring Allies.
- SU-76 probably still overperforming.
- Pack Howitzer and LeIG suppression still broken.
- MG34 is terrible.
3 Nov 2015, 06:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Nov 2015, 05:37 AMHorasu
So, what's the DPS for commandos now? Still 126?

It was nerfed and then buffed slightly, so I suspect around 70 now. For scale, Assault Grenadiers are 51 and Shock Troops are 85. The most lethal would be Thompson Paratroopers at 95, but you pay for those.
3 Nov 2015, 06:04 AM

Ye ye juat cry german plaayer ...
Germans were op for so long now allice some how got more power and all cry about it
Stop crying alice are still weaker mid to late game
3 Nov 2015, 06:11 AM

The (fixable) issues are -

- 222 sucks. It needs to better against infantry, even if that means increasing its cost.
- The Riflemen received accuracy buff went to far. While solving the US MP bleed problem, it causes Riflemen to become too powerful relative to Axis infantry. So either Rifles need a nerf or Axis infantry need to get better.
- Volksgrenadiers are terrible at fighting infantry. I think this is best solved by giving them more accuracy buffs with vet.
- High vet levels are too difficult to achieve on many OKW units.
- Medium tank cost/effectiveness disparity favouring Allies.
- SU-76 probably still overperforming.
- Pack Howitzer and LeIG suppression still broken.
- MG34 is terrible.

m26 need abuf even if it means cost inc

Rifles late game are shit
you have alot of elite troops to conter this undead rifles with even more undead obers

Volks get eZ vet put a shrek on them they will get this vet 5 as soon as some tanks will come

3 Nov 2015, 06:36 AM

OKW:
If the OKW units can't get Vet.5 ,why not delete the Vet.5 and remove the resources penalties?

OH:
1.Both grens and PGrens need durability in late game.
2.Pz4 is not worth 125 fuel.It has lower pens than the Sherman/Cromwell which cost 110 fuel.
3.T4 cost is too expensive to tech.And the Brummbar is just underperforming.
3 Nov 2015, 06:38 AM

Think Team games are bad?

how about queuing 1v1s against USF as Osteer for 5 hours.

10 minutes of being constantly choked until you finally break.

"that's it I'm playing allies"
Axis 20%
Allies 80%

gardening come on.
3 Nov 2015, 06:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Nov 2015, 04:40 AMhubewa

Once :P Requires damn good map sense and mirco for it (and your opponent to be incapable of attacking it)

Oh wow, I need a screenshot.

Veterancy 5 Kubelwagons are so rare..... :(
3 Nov 2015, 06:51 AM

(2vs2 current meta vent)

Soviet:
Conscripts opening, spam sandbags for IS, get shocks / guards,
some 120mm / Katyusha / ML20 into the mix for non stop barrage
then SU76 for cheap reliable AT

USA:
Spam Rifle blob with BAR or Flamer
Get some RE with double bazookas
mix some Pack Howitzer / optionally Priest
Spam M10 for cheap AT, or wait for Pershing

Jack of all trade Brits:
Build 3 IS + Snipers + Spam 6 Pounder
Spam Comet + Commandos for firepower
Spam Churchills with Anvil engineers for undead heavy tanks.

As axis, see how your MG gets pinned out of nowhere by pack howitzer,
your gren/PG/volks get melted by rifle blob
your elite infantry get sniped by half-squad in one volley.
while indirect fire rains dead from above on your paks and trucks and fortified positions.
And just when you get your precise tank out, can't get past 6 pounders wall.
get a heavy out? prepare to get sunk by M10 hordes, comets. + almighty Skillplanes!

How fun is that?!

Alright, grens are awesome, if u were to get 4 of each with lmgs u can fight rifles, cheaper, and more effectivly if u keep 2 of them together and focus fire, same thing with OKW, spam fusiliers and get them vetted. If your paks get grenaded to hell then get a fuckin stug or plant a god damn mine. MG42s are super awesome especially with vet, keep it alive and it shall punish rifle blobs quite severly. In 2v2, get elephant and jagdtiger (mix ost and okw) then cover with ostwinds. Basicly u can lock down the entire map like this if u also throw in some stugs to cover the flanks. brits has
The churchill yes, but its slow and remember best AT vs brits are stugs. And mines. And paks. Just play it correctly. Commandos are also shit, ive seen them loose to P grens... Also try some obers! YES I KNOW
THEY ARENT OP ANYMORE, but keep them going and they will be. As soon as they hit vet, that happens sooner than you think.
3 Nov 2015, 06:54 AM
3 Nov 2015, 07:07 AM
Patrion 15

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Nov 2015, 06:38 AMUnited
Think Team games are bad?

how about queuing 1v1s against USF as Osteer for 5 hours.

10 minutes of being constantly choked until you finally break.

"that's it I'm playing allies"
Axis 20%
Allies 80%

gardening come on.

But as everyone knows from a few patches ago 90%:10% matchmaking percentages aren't because one side is OP, it's because people enjoy playing one side more! Just flank and smoke! /s

The way I see it americans and ostheer will always have balance problems, as Ost starts at t0 then goes t1, t2, t3, t4,. USF starts at t0.5, then goes t1.5, t2.5, t3.5. Basically always a step ahead until late game
3 Nov 2015, 07:55 AM

I've to agree with the OP.

The allied infantry have had numerous of buffs, where the axis infantry didn't get any. People are talking about the fact that Pgrens are fine, but if you run those into enemy troops without any green cover they'll be slaughtered, where the Rangers/Shock Troops/Commando's can just run in and still rape you without that much of a loss. Also the current stock infantry is just way too strong, mainly because of it's received accuracy. Or remove it, or give axis players something into it. In fact (and all on the people on this forum knows) that the german infantry were extremely well trained man. Way better than any other infantry cores (except ofc. the elite troops)
aaa
3 Nov 2015, 08:03 AM

totaly absurd thing is that OKW 90% of the time use pre game upgrades like P4 or leig or other OP things that they wanna make more OP.

And with that they complain that their infantry loses to cons that have 3 pre game upgrades.
Use same 3 upgrades and you will have equal infantry.

Plus axis have MP advantage from the start. That allows them to get more expensive units with 0 investment in teching and still have +100 MP even vs no tech oponents' opening.
This way (with kubel for instance) they can aggresively get both fuel and deny counterplay - which can only be vehicles .
3 Nov 2015, 08:09 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post3 Nov 2015, 08:03 AMaaa
totaly absurd thing is that OKW 90% of the time use pre game upgrades like P4 or leig or other OP things that they wanna make more OP.

And with that they complain that their infantry loses to cons that have 3 pre game upgrades.
Use same 3 upgrades and you will have equal infantry.

Plus axis have MP advantage from the start. That allows them to get more expensive units with 0 investment in teching and still have +100 MP even vs no tech oponents' opening.
This way the can even aggresively get both fuel and deny any counterplay - which can only be vehicles .

Lol clueless
3 Nov 2015, 08:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Nov 2015, 06:11 AMbicho1

Rifles late game are shit

:rofl::rofl:
Warning: Smoking Weed is injurious to health.
3 Nov 2015, 08:11 AM

Permanently Banned
I don't know, with OKW I have the feeling I can have the initiative from the start if I play right, but with Ostheer, I feel like the only thing I can do is react to my opponents play for the first 15-30 minutes. Ostheer needs some kind of light vehicle other than 222 that can deal with infantry and some of the other light vehicles such as the Stuart and the T70.

Over extend once as Ostheer in the early game and you will get run over by rushed Stuart or T70, from which there is no return if your opponent is any decent.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS