Login

russian armor

Rangers feedback

2 Nov 2015, 09:08 AM

I've to agree with Looney on this, The doctrine is kinda Meh. Most people think that they can rush in the Pershing. Yes it hits hard and has high armour, BUT because of it's hp you can't push him in like a tiger. So please don't use it as a Tiger
Phy
2 Nov 2015, 09:33 AM

Only fix that rangers need is:
-Bug nade
-Another ability appart from grenade (perhaps giving the option to upgrade thompson or at weapon?)

Because right now they're like a para with smg but a bit worse.I don't get the point to introduce new units which have the same rol (and nearly same performance) than other units in the army.
2 Nov 2015, 10:37 AM

I've to agree with Looney on this, The doctrine is kinda Meh. Most people think that they can rush in the Pershing. Yes it hits hard and has high armour, BUT because of it's hp you can't push him in like a tiger. So please don't use it as a Tiger

I really don't think this Heavy Cavalry doctrine is meh. Is as viable as armor, airborne, infantry company docs.
Rushing Pershing and playing all cards on it is a bad move, as it is rushing Tiger and playing all cards on it. Pershing is more for delivering damage than take damage.

If people hope for another churchill tank, that it's not what will happen. And for a good reson.
2 Nov 2015, 11:08 AM

I've already slaughtered noumerous of Pershings. No big deal.
2 Nov 2015, 13:05 PM

Are you serious?

Both units are fine. Relic actually gave a balanced unit to us for once. USF are far far strong than OST and much stronger than OKW as of now (1v1). They get all the shit stuff? Like Easy 8, flame rifles, rangers, paratroops, Priests, and pershings right?

[i will write about 1 v 1 games ]

1.how is usf stronger ? rifelman ? late game they are shit vet 5 volks or vet 3 greens with lmgs =dead rifelman
okw builds there torrent [second building] mostly at 7 min in an important points and that's it you're done with ur game
so much ways to counter usf. if usf rush u with rifles u get kubelwagen or AA truck, if usf dont spam rifles, you actually can rush them with ur volks+ ur OP okw engineers thet can easily wipe early game rifles you come from the right corner without being seen and rip rifel team without cover :P

7 min torrent okw howzers gg:P

will usf have only one way !!! rifles rifles rifles !!!! can we get mortros pls ? or ATGS at T0 o MGS t0
? :D :D :)

e8 :is ok some how
paratroops :are good ++
rangers for their cost they aren't that good 400 MP !!! they need more durability or some abilities smoke or some thing ...

Priest : to the time i get a priest that's about 20 min if i rush it ,okw can get a panther at 21 min
so u have a panther i got a Priest [Priest <panther ...
and u can rush my Priest ez if i didnt placed some good mines

pershing is really nice and all thx for relic for a heavy tank but he is really weak for his cost !!! tiger wipes him ,2 stugs !!! wipes him ,its tested.

pershing is somehow like a panther so why i pay so much morepay if it's like a panther ? and why theres a limit for USF panthers ?

3.aixe have a lot of op stuf

tiger

panther

this vet 3 greens with lmgs late game they are killing machines
this rifelnades the range and no timer

stugs !!! so cheap and so good

panzers 4 commper to shermans prefor much better

okw paratroops
okw torrent

usf is good if you are a PC if you are a human it will be a hard time to play vs a good player
2 Nov 2015, 13:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Nov 2015, 13:05 PMbicho1

1.how is usf stronger ? rifelman ? late game they are shit vet 5 volks or vet 3 greens with lmgs =dead rifelman
okw builds there torrent [second building] mostly at 7 min in an important points and that's it you're done with ur game
so much ways to counter usf. if usf rush u with rifles u get kubelwagen or AA truck, if usf dont spam rifles, you actually can rush them with ur volks+ ur OP okw engineers thet can easily wipe early game rifles you come from the right corner without being seen and rip rifel team without cover :P

7 min torrent okw howzers gg:P

will usf have only one way !!! rifles rifles rifles !!!! can we get mortros pls ? or ATGS at T0 o MGS t0
? :D :D :)

e8 :is ok some how
paratroops :are good ++
rangers for their cost they aren't that good 400 MP !!! they need more durability or some abilities smoke or some thing ...

Priest : to the time i get a priest that's about 20 min if i rush it ,okw can get a panther at 21 min
so u have a panther i got a Priest [Priest <panther ...
and u can rush my Priest ez if i didnt placed some good mines

pershing is really nice and all thx for relic for a heavy tank but he is really weak for his cost !!! tiger wipes him ,2 stugs !!! wipes him ,its tested.

pershing is somehow like a panther so why i pay so much morepay if it's like a panther ? and why theres a limit for USF panthers ?

3.aixe have a lot of op stuf

tiger

panther

this vet 3 greens with lmgs late game they are killing machines
this rifelnades the range and no timer

stugs !!! so cheap and so good

panzers 4 commper to shermans prefor much better

okw paratroops
okw torrent

usf is good if you are a PC if you are a human it will be a hard time to play vs a good player

10/10 you nailed it
2 Nov 2015, 13:10 PM

10/10 you nailed it

hhhh serioslee omg man stop it pls stop being sarcastic all the time XDD with love gaben
2 Nov 2015, 15:40 PM

fact: rangers are more durable-> they rarely lose a model while approaching->close quarter distance with 5 man alive->much dmg

just look at my playercard, i played almost all games with pershing commander, and im instantly rank 300 without even knowing how to play usf and when, what to tech while im sitting at 800 with my main faction. but im fine if u want buffs, so i can play usf a little bit more easier than it is now :'D

edit: the games i lost were versus top 10 players(theodosis for example) who just anally buttraped me in 10mins

*pssst* they want to get even better rank in 1vs1
2 Nov 2015, 18:00 PM

Rangers are good and pack a punch. I upgrade thompsons and also give them a BAR to fill up the slot. (BAR>Carbine).

But I would like to see another ability with them. Tactical Assault like the Paras or maybe a penal satchel charge would be awesome or sprint haha.

Only having a frag nade is lame. USA nades suck honestly, i wish they had the shock trooper nade, they throw it instantly and its good. The USA cooked nade is bugged, he never throws it.
2 Nov 2015, 18:04 PM

Another vote for giving them an ability or two.

They're solid in stats, but lack flavour. Something that represents their fearlessness would be appropriate, akin to the old Fire Up! from CoH1, or something new.
2 Nov 2015, 18:14 PM

Give 'em the Penal Satchel Charge.
2 Nov 2015, 18:46 PM
Patrion 27

I wanna know why a unit "specializing in marksmanship" is spawning with carbines and upgrading to smgs... I'm assuming it's the same reason a commander called "cavalry" has us building sandbags and calling in Rangers: Relic slapped both of these commanders together in a day.
2 Nov 2015, 19:27 PM
Developer Relic Badge

I wanna know why a unit "specializing in marksmanship" is spawning with carbines and upgrading to smgs... I'm assuming it's the same reason a commander called "cavalry" has us building sandbags and calling in Rangers: Relic slapped both of these commanders together in a day.

They should have spawned with M1 Garands that use the same stats as their carbines now. I'd prefer if more elite infantry had the army's most basic fire-arm as their primary weapon.
2 Nov 2015, 20:13 PM

They should have spawned with M1 Garands that use the same stats as their carbines now. I'd prefer if more elite infantry had the army's most basic fire-arm as their primary weapon.

This, kind of. I'd like them to use M1 Garands, but have those Garands be like the Ober Kar to the Gren Kar.
2 Nov 2015, 20:40 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

As many other said, they need flavor not buffs.
2 Nov 2015, 20:48 PM

While we're on the topic, the standard firearm of the Rangers was the M1 Garand, backed up with a single M1919 light machine-gun per section, and a single M2 60mm mortar and two Bazookas per platoon. So an M1919 LMG upgrade would not be out of the question.

Submachine-guns were not officially issued at all to the squads, but US troops were packrats and found ways to get their hands on additional equipment all the time. One well-documented trick that Infantry Company commanders had was to officially declare their weapons platoon had 'lost' their two light machine-guns and then requisition some 'replacements', effectively doubling their automatic firepower :)
2 Nov 2015, 20:59 PM

what type of armament they have?
all Thompsons?
2 Nov 2015, 21:11 PM

While we're on the topic, the standard firearm of the Rangers was the M1 Garand, backed up with a single M1919 light machine-gun per section, and a single M2 60mm mortar and two Bazookas per platoon. So an M1919 LMG upgrade would not be out of the question.

Submachine-guns were not officially issued at all to the squads, but US troops were packrats and found ways to get their hands on additional equipment all the time. One well-documented trick that Infantry Company commanders had was to officially declare their weapons platoon had 'lost' their two light machine-guns and then requisition some 'replacements', effectively doubling their automatic firepower :)

This is all very interesting, thank you :)
2 Nov 2015, 23:27 PM

What about having Rangers fight harder when they take casualties? Think of the Soviet Zeal ability in the beta.

This would fit the overwhelming offensive force theme of the commander really well, and makes sense considering how insane Rangers were IRL.
2 Nov 2015, 23:37 PM

Are you serious?

Both units are fine. Relic actually gave a balanced unit to us for once. USF are far far strong than OST and much stronger than OKW as of now (1v1). They get all the shit stuff? Like Easy 8, flame rifles, rangers, paratroops, Priests, and pershings right?

relax, these are 4vs4 players who are ranked 3000. they only know 5 unit blobs.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★